Gold AP Renewal Question - Linked in MDE and still getting notices to Renew

TheMick424

DIS Veteran
About a month ago I called DVC member services to renew my Gold annual pass which was due to expire in July. They provided me with a confirmation number and instructed me to link it in MDE, which I did, and that I can activate the pass at Guest Services with my blue card and ID the next time I go to the parks (which won't be for a while). I can see the renewal certificate in MDE, but I also see the now-expired annual pass and it says it "Needs to be Renewed". I am also receiving e-mails indicating the same. Can anyone advise on whether I linked the pass properly or need to take any additional action? TIA!

About a month ago I called DVC member services to renew my Gold annual pass which was due to expire in July. They provided me with a confirmation number and instructed me to link it in MDE, which I did, and that I can activate the pass at Guest Services with my blue card and ID the next time I go to the parks (which won't be for a while). I can see the renewal certificate in MDE, but I also see the now-expired annual pass and it says it "Needs to be Renewed". I am also receiving e-mails indicating the same. Can anyone advise on whether I linked the pass properly or need to take any additional action? TIA!
We renewed in March, several days before our old ones expired. We could see both in our MDE until several days after expiration of the old one. I wouldn't worry about it.

Since you recently renewed, do you mind me asking what the cost was for the Gold pass renewal? We need to renew 3 of our passes on Thursday for our sept trip. I usually buy gift cards with our Target red card to save 5% and need to know how much I need to get on the cards. Finding the info on MDE has been challenging, I suspect since passed haven’t returned yet. Other sites say $650.71 after tax if my memory serves. But I’m not sure if that is the most up to date price.

Since you recently renewed, do you mind me asking what the cost was for the Gold pass renewal? We need to renew 3 of our passes on Thursday for our sept trip. I usually buy gift cards with our Target red card to save 5% and need to know how much I need to get on the cards. Finding the info on MDE has been challenging, I suspect since passed haven’t returned yet. Other sites say $650.71 after tax if my memory serves. But I’m not sure if that is the most up to date price.
We paid $650.72, including tax, when we renewed our DVC Gold APs in March.

Similar to the other posters, I paid $650.72 (including tax) when I renewed in June. Hope this helps!

I obtained a recovery gold AP about three weeks ago. They also linked the passes to MDE and adjusted everything for the tickets I purchased in advance. They did all the work while on that call. All I have to do is pick up the APs when we get there. My cost was $765.74 including tax, (recovery price, not the renewal price other quoted but I was reimbursed about $1000 for two when I cancelled last year so I'm way ahead) which others confirmed they paid in another post. Since I was planning two trips about a week each, a single park tick would be about $2200 for the two visits for two of us. So this saved me about $670 for the two visits and could visit two or more parks per day. They did say anyone out of state not a DVC member could only buy a Platinum pass for about $1013.
I'm happy with the price. I only hope I can actually visit considering the Delta virus.

Below is a chart I pulled off of AllEars effective Feb 2020. Probably slightly out of date. I think the prices in the All Ages column are now the prices in the DVC column except the last which is the $650 price now.
Pass TypeAll AgesDVC Member
All Ages
Platinum Annual Pass$1272.68$957.44
Platinum Annual Pass Renewal$1,012.82$813.66
Platinum Plus Annual Pass$1379.18$1,063.94
Platinum Plus Annual Pass Renewal$957.44$813.66
Gold Annual Pass
DVC and FL Residents only
$765.74$744.44
Gold Annual Pass Renewal
DVC and FL Residents only
$632.61$632.61

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter