Going to wdw June 17th - 22nd .. anniversary is 29th ... should we tell CM's?

wdwobsessed

Work hard, Play hard. :)
Hi ...

DH and I are taking an early 12th anniversary trip to WDW in June.

We are going the 17th - 22nd and the actual day is the 29th.

For several reasons ... we can't go the actual week / day.

Would it be dishonest to say we are celebrating our anniversary?
You know, tell the CM's and stuff.

Thanks

wdwo

I would just say it's our anniversary trip, and not mention the specific day. It probably wouldn't matter though.

I've heard they do nice things.

Have a great trip. Let us know if they do anything special for you.

I agree with DeeCee they'll do nice things. When we celebrated our anniversary at Ohana's two years ago, the gentleman doing the floor act went around asking people any birthday's or anniversary's and of course I raised my hand. They gave us a free soda which was nice. It was just nice to get applause from other patrons. And embarrings my DH was just a bonus!!!

My wife and I celebrated our 5th anniversary in '99 the same way you are...about a week early. We had a great rate at the BWV for a studio, but I called a few days ahead and talked to the hotel (and CRO) to let them know we were celebrating our anniversary. I also mentioned that I'd love to surprise my wife with an upgrade to the 1BR villa since it had the whirlpool tub, if it was available. They said they couldn't help me, but I could ask at check-in. Lo and behold if they didn't upgrade us before we arrived! When I checked in they wished us a happy anniversary and informed me we had been given an upgrade to 1BR water view villa!!!!

Anyway...just tell them! LOL

I think you should tell them to. Last trip we ate at Cindy's for breakfast on our actual anniv., and they gave us nice champagne flutes. That night we ate at the Garden Grill and did the rehitching ceremony. Later in our trip we mentioned it at the HDD and got some applause (15 years).
ONe year at the Poly we got a white chocolate Mickey and Minnie in wedding regalia to eat.
Robin M.

I wouldnt say its "dishonest", but I would feel silly advertising its my anniversary, when its really not(or even if it were for that matter).

We are going away July 3-7. DH bday is 7/24 and our anniversary is 7/22. The trip was actually my bday gift from 12/28. We are only going to be celebrating being on vacation, nothing else. But thats just me. I dont like extra attention.

It is not at all dishonest. If you want some of the special occaision magic Disney is known to provide, simply tell them "We are here celebrating our anniversary." That is not a lie, is it? I doubt they will as what actual day your anniversary is, but, if they do, tell them. Regardless, you are still there to celebrate your anniversary.

DH and I will also be at WDW for our anniversary. We will be there the actual day, but we want our entire trip to be magical and will tell everyone we see that we are there celebrating our anniversary.

Wow, i guess DH and I won't be the only one celebrating our anniversary at the world. Although we will be there on the actual date, June 24. I'm trying to think up some cute tshirts to wear. Our first day after we were married we had tshirts that said just on one and married on the other. I wish they had some kind of package like the honeymoon one. DU is helping plan our trip but I wonder if I should fax WL a few days before we arrive that it is our anniversary.

we went to disney dec 1 - 4 and our anniversary is the 9th
of NOvember and we still told them it was our anniversary

this was our 10 yr. anniversary trip, it does not matter
if it is not the actual date!! if it the reason you are going by
all means go for it. we got an awesome upgrade at the
contemporary

congratulations:bounce:

Absolutley tell them. Just don't be dissappointed if nothing happens. Usually they seem very good about anniversaries, but sometimes there is nothing special done.

Anne

Gosh, I think I'd feel a tad silly telling everyone I ran into that it's my anniversary or birthday or whatever. Now if it were one of my kids birthdays I might mention it because Disney is famous for treating kids in a special way. For me, however, I'd feel like I were saying, "Can I have something free"?

We went for an anniversary two years ago. I mentioned to the CM who made our dinner ressies that it was our anniversary. He must have put it into the computer, because the 2nd full day of our trip room service arrived with a lovely little anniversary cake on a tray with, china, silver, etc and a card that said "Happy Anniversary from the Cast at the Boardwalk". We were delighted!

Absolutly tell them - we seldom celebrate on the actual date of any event - it is not always convenient.

IMHO - when checkin in I would make some comment like - We have been so excited about this trip - we are celebrating our XXth anniversary!

But, don't build your hopes to high, as other posters have mentioned sometimes nothing is done, it may have to do with how busy they are or???

I would hate for you to go through your entire trip waiting for something to happen and nothing does...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter