Going to the poor house:2015 Inusrance premiums

My husbands company ins is $3000 for both us which inc health, dental & vision. On top of that because I have access to ins at my employer (that I don't take ) we pay a spousal surcharge of $200 per month. So $5400 per year paid in 25 week payments as he is seasonal construction business, so $450 month so I guess that's not so bad. I choose to take vision and dental on mine so we have double coverage on those two expenses.

I'm worried about what our premiums will look like in the coming year. I see nothing but people commenting that their costs appear to be skyrocketing which is really pathetic. How do people who work hard but don't necessarily make a ton of money get by nowadays? Everything is getting so crazy expensive.

I agree that some people tend to run to the doctor or take pills way too often. However those of us who have chronic conditions through no fault of our own often need the doctors and drugs. It scares me to think that some people might be priced out of getting the treatment they need.

I won't comment specifically on the political side of it since that isn't allowed here. I will only say that my views have changed a lot in the last few years.

I'm worried about what our premiums will look like in the coming year. I see nothing but people commenting that their costs appear to be skyrocketing which is really pathetic. How do people who work hard but don't necessarily make a ton of money get by nowadays? Everything is getting so crazy expensive.

I agree that some people tend to run to the doctor or take pills way too often. However those of us who have chronic conditions through no fault of our own often need the doctors and drugs. It scares me to think that some people might be priced out of getting the treatment they need.

I won't comment specifically on the political side of it since that isn't allowed here. I will only say that my views have changed a lot in the last few years.

I agree. The most I have gotten in the form of a raise in the past 6 years is 1%. That doesn't come close to covering the increases in health care, taxes, and everything else we need to survive. We are slowly slipping farther and farther behind. And I told everyone about my son's medication and his doctor's comment. A 6000% increase in prices. :sad:

I have nothing but empathy for those with chronic conditions. I've been blessed with good health, but for some reason my sister has just about every condition known to man. Needless to say, her medical bills are astronomical, but I think most is covered by Medicare and insurance.

That being said, with all of her medical treatments/meds/tests.... I still see abuse. She has a very rare eye condition. One day one of her docs wondered out loud if what she has was congenital and there is a blood test to see if it is in her genes. The results of the test did not affect her condition/treatment one whit. It was purely curiosity. The test cost $2800. Yes, two thousand eight hundred dollars for 1 test. He told her that her insurance would more than likely cover it so she said sure, go ahead, do it.

The test came out negative, her insurance covered it. :rolleyes:

This is a good and valid Budget topic, but some have ventured way over the line regarding political statements and opinions.

Budget discussion is great, but politics is NOT permitted here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter