Going to MK Day of Arrival Before Checking In?

Betzee

Mouseketeer
We will be driving in from my in-laws in Tampa to start our WDW vacation and expect to get to the resort early Monday AM.

Since I wouldn't expect our room to be ready, I'm hoping we can just go to the park, assuming we can go even if we haven't checked in, yet?

So, I have 2 questions:

1. My in-laws will have a car, and I know that you get free parking if you are in a resort, but if we aren't checked in, yet, we won't have the free parking, right?

2. I assume we can check in at any time after and don't need to be there at 3:00pm, or whatever check-in time is, right?

On the other hand, would they check us in, and just not give us a key, if the room isn't ready?

Are these dumb questions, LOL? :upsidedow

All these travel plans and arrangements and ADR's have my mind befuddled! :confused:

They will check you in and give you a key and parking pass if you arrive early in the morning.

You'll most likely have to call them or go back to the desk in order to find out where your room is when you return. But, checking in before hitting the park means you'll have free parking, your KTTW, etc.

You can check in as soon as you arrive, any time after 7am. If your room is not ready, they will give you a key card and then you just need to call them in the afternoon to find out what room number you have been assigned. You will also get a parking pass to put in your car for the resort and the parks.

The resort will also store your luggage for you.

Only intelligent people ask questions, so no question is dumb.....and don't worry....after a couple of trips and regular visits to the DISboard.....you will get the hang of it.

The previous posts are correct. If staying at most resorts with gate access, they will have your name at the gate. You will be able to park. They will check your luggage and store it for you. When you get back and into your room you may call bell services. Or pick it up prior to getting your room. I live in Fl. and always arrive early (like noon). The rooms at peak time are not usually ready that early anyway.
Enjoy your stay.

Check in when you arrive. Even if your room isn't ready, you will still get your room key. You won't know what room that key opens but you will still have it. Then call the resort later and get your room number. Your card will be activated when your room is cleared by the housekeeping staff. You won't even have to go back to the front desk at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter