going to Disney for Christmas

We have never been around Christmas, either. But that silly AAA "Going Places" magazine had the little "Your family could stay for $49/night!" Then I looked into booking the hotel, and I was stuck. I had to go. ;)

It wasn't too hard convincing my grandmother, considering when we went in March, she caught my cold and spent the entire time in the hotel. :sick: The only problem was that I never thought about paying off my last semester of college, I was so wrapped up with going to Disney :rotfl2:

Thanks for sharing the link to your pics. Nice shots. Well, I just didn't know it was called the "tunnel of lights.":laughing: I've enjoyed the tunnel light show during many December visits to WDW.:blush:

Hey, I think the official name is just "Lights of Winter" but I didn't remember that until doing a Google search about it. I just remembered that it was a tunnel and it was made of lights :laughing:

@mmmbop, doesn't "Going Places" just make you want to go EVERYWHERE? I drool over it every month, and not just over the Disney stuff. And then I end up not booking anything because I can't make up my mind :laughing:

My husband and I are going for Christmas too! I love WDW at Christmas. We realize it will be crowded, but we have AP's so we aren't trying to do everything either.

You will have a wonderful time!

Two years ago my Mom and I went for the first time at Xmass.
We had ressies for chef Mickey, and drove to the Contemporary.
Somewhere near the side entrance was a display scene of Pinocchio, all made out of chocolate - and boy was it amazing.

Not sure if they still are doing it or not.
Will have to check this December.

Oh I know I think I remember seeing it in a pic somewhere but not quite sure when was it :) I am so excited it is now getting really close and I am sooooo OMG cant wait. :)

Yes! We went 2006 during the first week of December. (NOBODY there - lines had 10 people in them -- it was incredible!!) Then we went Christmas week 2007. And again Christmas week this year too! SOOO excited. We stay off site. My MIL has a time share and we stay about 5 minutes down the road from the WDW entrance at an AWESOME place. The best part has to be that we have a kitchen and laundry right there in the room. It REALLY saves on eating $$$. :cool1: We have drinks, breakfast stuff, etc. at the room. That way, when we don't go to the parks, we have stuff. Also going out in the morning, we have cereal or whatever before we go. It works GREAT! :thumbsup2

We arrive the morning of the 20th and will be checking in, unpacking, and all that stuff that day. HOPEFULLY, the weather will be gorgeous and we'll be in the water-slide-filled-pool !!! We'll grocery shop for drinks and breakfast, etc., and get unpacked, etc. Who knows, we may even venture down to one of the resorts to check out the decorations that evening!! :thumbsup2 There's so much to see!! :cool1: I doubt you'd be able to talk me into changing places ... sorry. Good try though! ;)

Don't forget to check out Osborne Lights @Hollywood Studios. Is that the correct name now? MGM was so much easier to remember. :headache:

Don't forget to check out Osborne Lights @Hollywood Studios. Is that the correct name now? MGM was so much easier to remember. :headache:

yea I know right lol oh ok I sure will :) i still call it mgm every now and then lol it was so short and simple :)

We arrive the morning of the 20th and will be checking in, unpacking, and all that stuff that day. HOPEFULLY, the weather will be gorgeous and we'll be in the water-slide-filled-pool !!! We'll grocery shop for drinks and breakfast, etc., and get unpacked, etc. Who knows, we may even venture down to one of the resorts to check out the decorations that evening!! :thumbsup2 There's so much to see!! :cool1: I doubt you'd be able to talk me into changing places ... sorry. Good try though! ;)

What? You don't want to go to upstate NY on December 20th instead of the parks?? :rotfl: You could see REAL snow, instead of that fake stuff on Main St!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter