Going to buy PVB DVC resale contract. Pricing?

James Chappas

Earning My Ears
hello,

I want to buy a DVC resale contract at the Polynesian for ~150 points. How much should I bid? Seems like $145 per point would be a good deal.

I stayed in a studio last month by renting DVC points. I can’t go back to all star after staying at the Poly. It was a fantastic experience and I know I’ll just continue renting points if I don’t buy, so I’m just gonna do it.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...ost-for-instructions-formatting-tool.3726925/

This thread has links to the historical resale prices by quarter.

It will also give you an idea where DVC is exercising rofr (right of first refusal - DVC takes the deal you negotiated)

Keep in mind these may be a little lower than overall market prices. People using this info on these threads tend to be a more educated on the market and not to overpay, so these prices may be lower than the overall average. So some sellers may not accept these offers because they are holding out for more money.

In general, loaded contracts are more valuable than stripped contracts. A good rule of thumb is you will pay the MF on those loaded points at $6-7 per point, but as you know, you would pay $16-18 for those same points on the rental market.

I want to buy a DVC resale contract at the Polynesian for ~150 points. How much should I bid? Seems like $145 per point would be a good deal.
This process is much like buying a house. You can put in an offer for what you see as fair and the seller can either accept, reject or counter your offer. It all depends on what the seller has going on -- they might need a quick sale and will accept a low ball but if someone is just selling because they want to sell they can wait it out. Other sellers might have a loan that they have to pay off so they have to get a certain amount for them to sell. There are some contracts where the selling company has noted "owner only accepting full price" -- well you know to pass that up because there is no negotiation going on with that contract.

Do fully educate yourself on the points status of the contracts and what it means for you. I recently saw a Poly contract which had borrowed points for the current UY -- well if you (the buyer) can't use them before they expire then you have to rent, transfer or they go to waste because they have to be used by the end of the UY. If there are current year points and your contract might close after the banking deadline (8 month from your UY month) then having the owner bank can be part of the deal.

hello,

I stayed in a studio last month by renting DVC points. I can’t go back to all star after staying at the Poly. It was a fantastic experience and I know I’ll just continue renting points if I don’t buy, so I’m just gonna do it.
We love Poly, too! I've been tracking Poly resale prices for a couple months on this site (lower average), DVC Resale Market (higher average), and the Orange County Comptroller website (all data). $145 is a good price to offer for that size of contract. The average tends to be closer to $150, taking all size contracts into consideration. For contracts recorded in the month of January with 100-200 points only, the average is $145/pt. Those averages do not take into account if a contract was loaded or stripped, so that will affect what you may want to offer and what a seller would accept. Good luck with your research and future purchase!

Bought a contract in August of 2018 for $145 per point. I was really happy with the price. It did not have any 2017 points left, but got my full allotment in December of 2018. Is it loaded, stripped or somewhere in the middle like mine was?

Typically when I am working with a seller who wants to list a Polynesian package, I would recommend pricing between $145 to $160 per point depending on the number of points they are listing (Size of Contract) and how many points are currently available (Banked, Borrowed, & Currently available). It is possible to purchase a Polynesian for $145 per point (in the current market) which is a good price, but it's gonna depend on the seller and if they are willing to let it go. You can always present an offer and see if the seller is willing to accept, counter, or stay firm on their price. If the offer doesn't work out...just wait a week up to a month and try the offer again (if the listing is still available). Or try and find a different package and try again. If you are patient you will find a seller that will accept $145......This statement is based current prices as of February 16, 2019 :)

Good luck and pixie dust sent your way. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter