• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Going from Friday the 13th to Enchanted- Day 9: 'Round Midnight update 7/19/11

While the stand by line was only about 20 minutes we were very happy to skip on a head to the front with our fast passes. I had no idea what to expect. Joe and Katie rode in front of me. I knew the ride went backward and so going up that really really steep hill had me more than a little worried. We had no Yeti sightings on this ride – just the shadow inside the cave – but what we did have was a great time! Katie and I survived Everest! Yes, we were a little proud of ourselves.

232323232%7Ffp539%3A%3A%3Enu%3D3253%3E495%3E7%3B8%3EWSNRCG%3D363%3A%3A897%3A932%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp539%3A3%3Enu%3D3253%3E495%3E7%3B8%3EWSNRCG%3D364387%3A%3B%3B832%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp539%3B%3A%3Enu%3D3253%3E495%3E7%3B8%3EWSNRCG%3D364387%3A%3B%3B932%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp53992%3Enu%3D3253%3E495%3E7%3B8%3EWSNRCG%3D364387%3A%3B%3B%3A32%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp53986%3Enu%3D3253%3E495%3E7%3B8%3EWSNRCG%3D36438889%3B%3B32%3Bnu0mrj

Since Katie was already soaked, off we headed for Khali River Rapids. Joe had already decided he was not going to do this ride – he had only one pair of sneakers for touring the parks and did not want them soaked. his huge sneakers would never fit inside the little “dry pocket” even if he could sneak them in there so he sat it out at a little snack area with all of our stuff and waited. Katie and I headed in. Later I realized that the reason we had no wait for anything was that it was parade time. It took longer for us to walk all the way through the long queue than it did the actual waiting for the people in front of us. In we headed with a group of Europeans – about 3 couples – who despite not speaking English I could tell were NOT prepared for the dousing we received! I stowed my sandals in the pocket as we pulled away, and wondered to myself for a moment about the young lady in our boat who was touring Animal Kingdome wearing 4 inch heels. OUCH! It was great fun and we did indeed get soaked. Katie and I really did laugh when the one girl got the first huge splash because I think her friends told her that you wouldn’t really get that wet. That’s what the tones and laughs sounded like anyway. I think they may have been Dutch or maybe German – I didn’t understand a word. When we disembarked, the line was still very short, and the cast member let us just climb through the railings to get right back in line. Khali twice. WAHOO!

As our second ride finished up, I caught Joe in the observation area & we headed out. I admit, having done Everest and Khali twice I was feeling a tad bit queasy. By now it was closing time at the Animal Kingdom and we made our way out of the park.

We were soaked (well two of us were) and a bit tired so headed back to WLR for a wardrobe change. Katie totally crashed on the bus and was sound asleep almost immediately. We woke her when we arrived at the WLR and headed up to our room – I think she changed into dry clothes and then crawled under the covers ‘for a little nap’. The plan was for me to go down and get dinner while she napped and then we’d do MK til it closed that night. However when I came back upstairs she was still really really out. Joe and I ate our dinners out on the balcony and had a lovely evening—wine and dinner outside, watching a gorgeous sunset. We looked at all of our pictures on the laptop, played checkers, and just chatted and enjoyed some quiet alone time. I went in about 8 to see if she wanted to wake up and eat or just sleep till morning, and Katie picked sleep till morning. I think at one point she woke up for about 10 minutes, and then fell asleep again. We chuckled at how exhausted she was and enjoyed the relaxing evening. I have to say, I think this was the most perfect day ever.

I have no idea what happened to the dinner pictures – all I can find is dessert. LOL best part!

51611_0210.JPG

51611_0212.JPG

51611_0211.JPG

Aside from a chocolate cupcake and a carrot cake cupcake, I had a blue cheese and roast beef sandwich with a salad (note: “salad” at Roaring Forks is a cucumber type salad in a oil and vinegar dressing. not bad but not what I consider “salad”). I headed out to the fixin’s area and made a great big salad in the “to go lid” with lettuce, tomatoes and onions! Joe had a veggie wrap with salad also. I brought up the kids turkey sandwich for Katie, which kept well till morning. She woke briefly and ate the grapes. To drink we enjoyed two bottles of wine from our grocery order. What a very lovely evening!

Yeah! I'm so glad that you found your bag!

You had an awesome day! My dh isn't a big AK fan either but I think there is a lot of fun to be had there!

I went through a million batteries. Too. Well, at least a whole pack of disposibles and a bunch of rechargables.

What photosites do you use? I've been trying to find a photobucket alternative. Shutterfly seems easy, but for some reason it's putting a white box around my photos.

Yeah! I'm so glad that you found your bag!

You had an awesome day! My dh isn't a big AK fan either but I think there is a lot of fun to be had there!

I went through a million batteries. Too. Well, at least a whole pack of disposibles and a bunch of rechargables.

What photosites do you use? I've been trying to find a photobucket alternative. Shutterfly seems easy, but for some reason it's putting a white box around my photos.

I started with photobucket but you can't set any privacy restrictions at all so that was out. then I used Flickr, but it has a 200 picture limit if you don't want to pay, which I don't! :lmao: So then, since I have a google account, I switched over to Picasa - its free, no charges have crept my way. I just didn't upload everything into it. I did upload ALL 764 of my pictures to snapfish so that I could order prints, etc. and I discovered that if I just right click on the image and copy the image location, I can insert that into my posts---but I can't resize them. so those are the huge images. Picasa I can pick what size to insert so those are the more normal sized photos.

The post on your AK day just made me go 'aaawwwww' :cloud9: Glad you guys had a perfect day :hug:

It really really was a perfect day. :cloud9:

Here is what I learned about having a perfect day -- and I didn't realize it till I started writing out our next day (which I have not posted yet) -- for our family any way, deciding in advance whose turn it is makes a BIG difference. Monday was my day - so while taking into considering the overall likes and dislikes of the family - I set the pace, picked the rides, etc.

Tuesday was Katie's day - aside from setting some basic guides and steering her in certain directions, Joe and I let her set the basic pace for the day. Wednesday was Joe's day. It was his birthday and we went where he wanted to go (of course I always steered them in the general path of my itinerary which after all was geared toward our family preferences anyway). It seemed to really end the squabbling because who ever was unhappy knew they were getting a "day" or just had "a day".

Yikes have I missed a lot!! Loved your PTR and cannot wait to hear how the trip went!! Subbing and will get all caught up soon!!

Every time I see a picture of Joe in the vest it makes me smile. I am surprised he kept wearing it after people mistook him for a CM. DH would have thrown it in the trash immediately. He is such a good sport.

Your AK day looks amazing. I am so glad every let you have your day. It seems like everyone had a great time. It looks like you did pretty much everything there is to do. I am so jealous you made it through the whole day. We didn’t get to AK until Thurs. when it became extremely hot. I think we made it until about 12.

Oh yeah, I love those mugs that you got at Germany. I have saved the link you posted, but I wish I had never checked it out. I want to replace all of my mugs and glasses with those now. Thanks a lot!:rotfl:

Glad you finally found a good bag. It was very sweet of DH to buy you the first one though. What a great guy.

We never made it over to Rafiki’s planet watch. Caitlin really wanted to get to the petting area but DH wanted to leave. Why didn’t I just send him back to the resort that day?:confused3

DH got picked in the animal show at US. It was pretty strange having a bird fly directly towards you.:scared1:

Darn it, we missed the face painting. Katie looks very cute.

Yum, RFC sounds good. Did you guess that we missed that too? Yep, you’re right. I almost always order the appetizer sampler as my meal and that sampler looks very yummy. I am sorry I missed it.

I wish we had picked the Lion King show over Nemo. We saw Nemo and DH hated it. I think that is what put him in a bad mood and part of the reason we left so early. The Lion King looks much more interesting.

I still have never been on Kali Rapids. We saw people coming off completely soaked and just didn’t feel like walking around like that. One of these days I will ride it.

Katie must have been so tired. It sounds like you had a very enjoyable night just the two of you. Your cupcakes look yummy. Cupcakes, wine and a balcony with a view. What a perfect night.:cloud9:

Yikes have I missed a lot!! Loved your PTR and cannot wait to hear how the trip went!! Subbing and will get all caught up soon!!

:lmao:Glad to see that I am the only one who can't seem to keep up with my reading & subbing habit!!!

Every time I see a picture of Joe in the vest it makes me smile. I am surprised he kept wearing it after people mistook him for a CM. DH would have thrown it in the trash immediately. He is such a good sport.
I think once or twice people were a bit rude and that annoyed him but it really became a joke. and if the vest was not so completely practical and comfy for him he would not have worn it - its just that it had a billion pockets so he could store cameras, cards, packages, all sorts of great stuff and could keep his hands free.

Your AK day looks amazing. I am so glad every let you have your day. It seems like everyone had a great time. It looks like you did pretty much everything there is to do. I am so jealous you made it through the whole day. We didn’t get to AK until Thurs. when it became extremely hot. I think we made it until about 12.
:scared1: Thursday we melted at downtown disney.
Oh yeah, I love those mugs that you got at Germany. I have saved the link you posted, but I wish I had never checked it out. I want to replace all of my mugs and glasses with those now. Thanks a lot!:rotfl:
No problem what are friends for! :rotfl2:
Glad you finally found a good bag. It was very sweet of DH to buy you the first one though. What a great guy.
:love:yeah that was definitely a Prince Charming moment.

We never made it over to Rafiki’s planet watch. Caitlin really wanted to get to the petting area but DH wanted to leave. Why didn’t I just send him back to the resort that day?:confused3
I liked it, and would have taken more time there but my family had had enough. I hear you with the sending him back to the resort - sometimes it makes life a little easier except for the guilt. :rolleyes1

DH got picked in the animal show at US. It was pretty strange having a bird fly directly towards you.:scared1:

Darn it, we missed the face painting. Katie looks very cute.
the bird show was so cool!

The face painting is turning into a Disney Tradition. here is my fav psycho shot from '09

5343843056_16e51dc1c6.jpg

I wish we had picked the Lion King show over Nemo. We saw Nemo and DH hated it. I think that is what put him in a bad mood and part of the reason we left so early. The Lion King looks much more interesting.
he hated Nemo? its amazing! but it is a theatrical copy of the movie plot, so maybe that's why he hated it? bummer. LK was really like a mini cirque de soleil type show. unexpected and amazing.

I still have never been on Kali Rapids. We saw people coming off completely soaked and just didn’t feel like walking around like that. One of these days I will ride it.
I think its an "end of the day" ride! that was our last before heading home and Katie was huddled close to me and wrapped in her new jacket on the air conditioned bus.

Katie must have been so tired. It sounds like you had a very enjoyable night just the two of you. Your cupcakes look yummy. Cupcakes, wine and a balcony with a view. What a perfect night.:cloud9:

I have to say if I had TRIED to plan a night like that, it never would have happened. Love those surprise magical moments!

Mary Ellen!!! I had no idea you started your TR! You just made me a happy camper. Too bad we don't live closer. I think Sophie and Katie would be BFFs. What day is her bday? Sophie will be 8 on July 30th! I am loving the report so far. You guys are having a blast. And this is jut the Disney dose I need right now!

Page FIVE!!! I am on PAGE FIVE???? I would say I don't know how that happened but we bouth know I do...:rolleyes1

The best part though is being able to read from the start until now...I was feeling your angst and pain over the room. Those kind of things happen to us all of the time and I put on my happy face too. It doesn't matter HOW much you make sure things are taken care of, somewhere along the line someone seems to drop the ball. I am happy you were FINALLY in your beautiful room and I hoe there were no more mishaps.

Love the face painting your Princess is a beauty! Your perfect day sounds MAGICAL!!!! I can't wait to read more, the TR is WONDERFUL!!! And I have to say I just love the pics with Belle, and at Park Fare. Lisa wants to do Park Fare and The castle...I just smile and say we will see. Maybe she will forget??? Yes, it was nice of Joe to buy you the bag...but don't you wonder sometime how after so many years of marriage they don't KNOW what you like :rotfl:...such as needing lots of pockets for organizing??? :lmao::lmao: I am certain that as come up in conversation before!

Any Hoo, I can't WAIT to read more! :goodvibes:goodvibes:flower3::flower3::goodvibes :goodvibes

Mary Ellen!!! I had no idea you started your TR! You just made me a happy camper. Too bad we don't live closer. I think Sophie and Katie would be BFFs. What day is her bday? Sophie will be 8 on July 30th! I am loving the report so far. You guys are having a blast. And this is jut the Disney dose I need right now!
:hug:
It sounds like it... and Katie will be 8 on July 8. KISMET!
are you done with school now? Katie had her last day today.
So glad you found me!!!

Page FIVE!!! I am on PAGE FIVE???? I would say I don't know how that happened but we bouth know I do...:rolleyes1

:rotfl2::rotfl2: yeah, life happens Judy!!

The best part though is being able to read from the start until now...I was feeling your angst and pain over the room. Those kind of things happen to us all of the time and I put on my happy face too. It doesn't matter HOW much you make sure things are taken care of, somewhere along the line someone seems to drop the ball. I am happy you were FINALLY in your beautiful room and I hoe there were no more mishaps.

We actually had some really great days in the parks. Joe and I were just talking about it tonight as I was working on my TR in a word file. he laughed because I am on page 51 :laughing::laughing: i think i am going to print and bind it when I'm done!) He said he was a bit envious of the fact that I just roll with it....when bad/irritating/unfortunate things happen, i move on pretty quickly where as he dwells on it....for years. really. so he is not feeling that Disney is his happy place any more, even though he acknowledges that we had a lot of fun in the parks, he's just mad :mad: at WLR. I'm working on him, he'll be read for WDW again...hopefully before June 2012 --->:bride: 20 yrs

Love the face painting your Princess is a beauty! Your perfect day sounds MAGICAL!!!! I can't wait to read more, the TR is WONDERFUL!!! And I have to say I just love the pics with Belle, and at Park Fare. Lisa wants to do Park Fare and The castle...I just smile and say we will see. Maybe she will forget??? Yes, it was nice of Joe to buy you the bag...but don't you wonder sometime how after so many years of marriage they don't KNOW what you like :rotfl:...such as needing lots of pockets for organizing??? :lmao::lmao: I am certain that as come up in conversation before!
LOL Judy ... I keep telling him to stick with Jewelry...he's really good at that one! In all honesty he just does not pay attention to things like bags and purses and I don't shop for them unless I "NEED" one so despite that I did mention it a lot as we were shopping at WDW, I'm sure he heard "purse blahblahblhalhablah":rotfl::rotfl:

ok so I have abandoned my pre planned titles - i was using different movie titles that related to our day but really they were vague. so now I'll be creative and funky. look out!

Tuesday morning started at a nice easy pace. We let sleeping beauty sleep (that kid was TIRED!)as we had our morning coffee.
51711_0001.JPG

Waking her and getting ready, we had our in-room breakfast (cereal and fruit for us, Katie had her turkey sandwich from the night before) and headed out to the dock about 8:30 or so, cups in hand filled with coffee for the ride over. Where are we going? Well, this is our fourth morning waking up in DisneyWorld and we have yet to see MICKEY! Magic Kingdom, HERE WE COME! Now, the first two days we did a little bit for everybody. The day before was billed as “mom’s day” no arguments. So Tuesday was MK Day and it was Katie’s choice. (with some major guidance by mom of course!)
51711_0003.JPG
Ferry ride to the park!
51711_0004.JPG

2011-05-17%25252009.21.06.jpg

We entered the park just at 9 am and made a hard right to see everyone’s favorite Mouse. The CMs were encouraging folks to go over – I think they were trying to make sure that people knew where Mickey and the Princesses were. We’d seen the princesses the day before at Epcot so we got into Mickey’s line. It was pretty short, and odd.
232323232%7Ffp5399%3B%3Enu%3D3253%3E495%3E7%3B8%3EWSNRCG%3D363%3A%3A9728232%3Bnu0mrj

51711_0006.JPG

There was an “outside line” which was out in the hall, through the ropes. Then they were doing a count of people to allow through a door to….another line. Then we were inline in Mickey’s dressing room, where we could see some of the props, but they were sort of up making a wall blocking the majority of the dressing room until you got up to Mickey and Minnie. I snapped a few photos and we chatted with some of the other people in line. It was a weird “Katie” day – there were about girls of varying age all named Katie or Kate. always a fun topic!
51711_0008.JPG

232323232%7Ffp53988%3Enu%3D3253%3E495%3E7%3B8%3EWSNRCG%3D363%3A%3A9729%3A32%3Bnu0mrj

Ahead of us was an older European couple – I’m going to guess they were in their 60’s. Their English was weak, but as this is Disney, some language is universal. The woman was SO EXCITED to see Mickey Mouse. She gave him this huge huge hug. Her husband was telling the cast member that she had waited her whole life to see Mickey and they were thrilled to be there. Mickey and Minnie gave great attention and time to the woman, and they coaxed the husband to join in on some of the photos. It was such a sweet moment – I was rather teary eyed at the excitement of this couple. The woman was crying with joy when she left. I just love seeing moments like that. That’s the real Disney magic, ya know?
Finally it was our turn to the famous mouse couple. I snapped a few pictures of the inside are of Mickey’s dressing room and we handed our camera over to the CM and gave our photopass to the photographer. They snapped away as Mickey and Minnie visited with Katie – checking out her Mickey antennae and Katie showing Minnie all of her Minnie pins that she had traded for.
51711_0009.JPG

51711_0012.JPG

51711_0013.JPG

Aah my girl knows how to schmooze LOL. Joe and I got into a few pics as well, then we gave the next Katie a turn and headed out into, of course, a store!
51711_0015.JPG

2011-05-17%25252009.45.33.jpg

There really were lots of cool things to browse through, but we had an appointment to make, so off we went.
We headed across the courtyard to the Main Street to the Barber Shop.
51711_0016.JPG

51711_0017.JPG

Katie was ready to get her hair cut with a little Disney magic. I was a little unsure what to do when we first arrived – Katie had a 10 am appointment, it was about 9:45 – apparently only at Disney am I the least bit capable of actually showing up when I am told! There was a bit of a line at the door, and someone paying at the register. I casually chatted for a minute or two with the lady in front of me, who was waiting with her three daughters. I worked in conversation to see if they had an appointment, and they didn’t…still hesitant to trample someone waiting, I waited a minute or two and then asked at the front desk if I needed to “check in” as we had an appointment. Yepper… Appointments trump walk ins. So, if you make an appointment and happen across a line, its okay to go to the desk & check in…and sneak a seat on the cushioned air conditioned waiting area.
Once checked in we waited only a little while. Joe was sitting outside drawing on his sketchpad, and Katie and I were enjoying watching the other kids get cut and stripes of color and lots and lots of pixie dust. It gave Katie a chance to think about what she di did and didn’t want. Katie did not want pixie dust, just blue paint in her hair. I told her I’d get her pixie dust.
Before long it was Katie’s turn. She told the cast member that she wanted it cut – a lot. The woman (I am SO bad at remembering names) double checked with mom & went on cutting. She was very nice – a NY transplant she’d been cutting hair for over 20 years. She was very friendly and chatty and did such a nice job on Katie’s hair. Katie got the Cinderella blue streaks….and I got pixie dusted!
51711_0018.JPG

51711_0020.JPG

51711_0021.JPG

51711_0022.JPG

Happily all done up we headed on our merry way…..to the train station! LOVE that train station and we were looking forward to our first official ride in the Magic Kingdom.
51711_0023.JPG

We hopped on board with next to no wait, and enjoyed the ride over to the Mountains. Which mountains you may ask?

51711_0024.JPG

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. WHAHOO What a blast!

There was next to no wait – it took longer to walk through the big long line than anything else. Katie and I rode in the very first car, with Joe right behind us. what a great ride! Poor Joe though ….remember that pixie dust? Uh huh, as we flew over the tracks, he ate dust. Pixie dust. literally. We rode it again but the second time Joe and Katie rode in front of me. I took advantage of my solo spot to snap a few shots.

51711_0028.JPG

51711_0029.JPG

51711_0027.JPG

51711_0031.JPG

What a great start to the day! Katie and I needed a bio break, so we sent Joe for Splash Mountain fast passes and we were ready for lunch. What to have what to have?

Really it was a no brainer – Columbia Harbour House. I’d read so many good reviews, we knew we had to check it out. Katie was really hungry and wanted a shrimp basket. I had not yet caught on to the fact that kids don’t have to order of the kids meal for CS on the DDP, so I told her she could get the shrimp basket and I’d order off the kids menu…but I wasn’t giving up my dessert! Mean mommy! :rotfl:

Joe and Katie found a great table for us and I headed over to order lunch. Nice menu, I was kind of sorry I’d made my deal with Katie. They did have a kids chicken with greens that was actually very yummy. Katie had her shrimp basket and Joe had a veggie sandwich. Dessert was so yummy – Joe had a chocolate cake and I had a delicious apple turnover. It was so good Katie ran over and got one for herself with a snack credit.
51711_0032.JPG

51711_0034.JPG

51711_0033.JPG

51711_0035.JPG

After lunch we made our way to the Haunted Mansion. Joe and I had checked out the new queue online, and Katie enjoyed this ride on our first trip on 2007, so when the choice came between the plain old line or the new interactive queue, no brainer!

The line was not long at all and there were people behind us so I did not get to linger as much as I would have liked to. We all enjoyed reading epitaphs and touching all of the interactive pieces.

51711_0039.JPG

51711_0036.JPG

51711_0043.JPG

51711_0046.JPG

51711_0047.JPG

After we picked up our hitchhiker, we headed out for more adventure.

51711_0049.JPG

We had hoped to ride the Liberty ferry, but we just missed it and didn’t feel like waiting for the next one. What do to? Swiss Family Robinson house!

51711_0052.JPG

This was a first for us – The first time we visited DisneyWorld, Katie was 3 1/2. I could not imagine going up and then down all those steps with her – either we’d have to carry her or I’d be white with worry that she’d tumble down them. Not happening. The second time we went, Joe was about 6 weeks after knee surgery and again, just not happening. So we were all looking forward to visiting.

Now, I didn’t think that I had any expectations, but I guess maybe I did. I guess I thought it would be like Minnie’s house, where you could really touch things and play at being the Swiss Family Robinson. I thought it was very pretty, and I loved all of the attention to detail, and the view of the park from the top of the tree house. But those were a lot of steps just for the sake of walking up them and down them!

51711_0054.JPG

51711_0053.JPG

51711_0055.JPG

51711_0056.JPG

After SWFH, we headed for more exotic locations, after all it was Katie’s choice day. And Katie picked…

PIRATES!

This is kind of funny because it is so not a favorite of Joe’s or mine. We could never do it again and not miss it. But Katie was keen on it, maybe because of all the ads and posters? So off we went.

Yo HO Yo HO the Pirate’s life for me. Ok, I like the song..I may even have it on my MP3 player:rolleyes1. And it is a cool ride – fun to look around and see what you may have missed. Then to the dump shop, of course! I talked Katie out of a hook and a “ball and chain” –I could only see bad things happening with those toys.

From Pirates we took a ride on Aladdin’s Magic Carpet. Thanks to EandEsmom I remember about the spitting camels and since I was in the part of the carpet that moved us up & down, I made sure we were in the right
spot. LOL They never saw it coming!!

IT was getting a bit warm, and a snack was in order, so I had a Dole Whip (good, but I think it would have been better with orange juice) and Katie had a soft serve. Joe didn’t see anything at that spot, but he knew right where he was going…..Mickey Bar!

Mmmmm this was one of our few snack breaks. We just usually are content with grabbing a banana or a fiber bar & munching on the go. It was nice to sit in a slightly shaded spot for a few & just people watch while we enjoyed our frozen treats.

Sweet tooth’s well satisfied, we decided that a much much longer journey was due – a journey in the wilds of the jungle on a magical river that took us through time and across space….

JUNGLE CRUISE
LOL this was fun! Katie had absolutely NO idea what to expect from this ride, she was too young the last time. So when the tour guide said “DUCK”, she ducked (you know because there was a duck in the water?)
51711_0066.JPG

and when he pointed out the huge snake, she jumped….

51711_0061.JPG

By then she caught on to the dry and sarcastic jokes (a staple in our house) and got into trying to crack a few of her own jokes. I just love the silliness of that ride.

51711_0062.JPG

51711_0060.JPG

Things were heating up a bit and we were ready for a break, so at Katie’s request, we agreed to head back to the ferry so that we could catch a little swim time to refresh before our early ADR. We headed back to take the train & remembered our Splash Mountain Fast Passes. YES! It was time to use them! Katie grumbled a little, she wanted to swim, but I was rather insisted…you know, you will ride it and like it.Guess what? We did, they did. :thumbsup2

YEAH! It was a fun ride ..Joe was a little leary of getting soaked but we did not, just a little wet. No big deal and it was fun and refreshing (tick off one more “never done” ride!) and we hopped on the train to go back to Main Street.

We enjoyed the train ride, and when we got off at Main Street & headed down the stairs, we saw everyone lined up. HMM? YEAH! We just walked down to catch the start of the parade! Katie managed to get up to the curb, and Joe got right behind her to take some video.

51711_0068.JPG

51711_0071.JPG

51711_0075.JPG

51711_0081.JPG

51711_0085.JPG

51711_0097.JPG

51711_0090.JPG

232323232%7Ffp539%3C4%3Enu%3D3253%3E495%3E7%3B8%3EWSNRCG%3D363%3A%3A8%3B55%3A32%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp5398%3B%3Enu%3D3253%3E495%3E7%3B8%3EWSNRCG%3D363%3A%3A9%3C5%3B932%3Bnu0mrj

Had to chuckle when I read another TR where a family kept trying to force their empty stroller in front of someone lined up to video tape a parade. TinkGurl maybe? We had the same thing happen to us. A family started getting between the three of us at the curb line. Joe was ok with the little girl shoving up to stand next to Katie – kids should be up front where they can see it all. Mom stepped forward like she wanted to snap a photo. Ok, one photo, fine. But then she started planting herself. Joe sort of commented loudly that it was very rude of people to cut in front of others who were already there and filming. Mom caught on but not quickly!!! )

Anyway, the parade was fun! So many of the characters who were walking came over to the kids and quite a few were attracted to Katie’s blue streaked hair and mickey antenna headband. They kept “bobbling” the bobbles. It just cracked her up. I was really glad to have caught the parade by chance because Joe would not have gone to it intentionally. As I recall, when it was over, I was just gushing over our “good luck!!” and he was like, Yeah, uh huh good luck.

Off we headed to the ferry for WLR.

51711_0102.JPG

Somehow, Joe and Katie got to our room before me – it’s likely that I stopped at Roaring Forks with our mugs for drinks. When I arrived in our room, Joe had already discovered his Hero gift.

51711_0100.JPG

51711_0101.JPG

If you followed my PTR you may remember how excited I was to order this for him. Our TA Jen suggested it when we were chatting about just the right thing for our Magical Birthday Vacation. He loved it. I am bummed that I didn’t get to see his reaction… but he was all into checking it out when I got upstairs. There was an Incredible’s balloon tied to it, and it’s a framed certificate, a large medallion on a lanyard, and a case to store it that looks like an album. I’d arranged with Disney Florist to have it delivered the day before his birthday so that he could wear the medallion on his birthday, which he did.

We jumped into swimsuits for a short thirty minute swim break. I don’t think I even got in the water – I probably sat on the side of the hot tub where I could keep one eye on Katie and let my feet soak in the bubbles.
Stopped to watch the geyser:

232323232%7Ffp539%3A6%3Enu%3D3253%3E495%3E7%3B8%3EWSNRCG%3D363%3A%3A%3A753%3A32%3Bnu0mrj

What a treat for my feet after walking around all morning! I knew that Katie wanted a little more time in the pool but we had early ADR’s at Chef Mickey’s!

51711_0103.JPG

Changed and on schedule for the ferry for a change, we headed off to the Contemporary. I love the ease of using the ferries. Probably my favorite perk of WLR in all honesty. I find ferry travel very refreshing and relaxing. I am not a napper, but definitely appreciate 5 minutes of “downtime” and a ride on the ferry is just the ticket for me. :cloud9:

51711_0104.JPG

We arrived right in time for our dinner. We checked in & I deserted my crew for a bio break. When I got back they were disappointed that I’d left and taken the PhotoPass card with me – they were going to have their picture taken with out me! :scared1:The nerve! Actually when we realized that the line was for a photo with a Mickey Statue we were like ?HUHH?? . We had a picture taken but they were not scanning photo passes for this, and we were not paying $30 for a picture where we were frankly all disheveled and standing with a statue. :confused3 I know, how could I pass? :confused3

Oh yeah, I could pass!

Oh no, I can't believe you missed Joe's reaction to his gift. It looks like he really likes it though. I still think it was a perfect gift. :goodvibes

Katie looks so cute with her new haircut. Caitlin asked yesterday to cut her hair short. I think she would look cute, but DH doesn't like short hair on girls so she needs to convince him. I am planning to cut my hair quite a bit next week and I know once she sees that she will be all over DH until he agrees.

Poor Joe having to eat Pixie dust:lmao:

CHH looks very good. I always have it on my list but we always have ts meals planned. Next time,really.

I haven't done the treehouse since I was a kid. I always think about it and decide it is a waste of time. Was it worth the time?

I can't believe the amount of trip reports where people have issues at parades. Why do people think it is acceptable to show up late and then try to sit in front of you when you have been waiting:confused3

I love Katies hair!! Maya used to have a similar haircut; it's so cute on young girls!

Glad to hear I didn't miss much at the treehouse. I contemplated it but passed due to aching feet.

I love your story about the people at mickeys meet and greet.

Your *salad looked pretty tasty for a kids item.

I think your "days" are grand. Was it hard to give up the control? I think I'd be fine with Maya. *DHs would probably be something like let's sleep and then watch sports. *But it definitely
is something to think about. I'd love to find a way for dh to enjoy himself more rather than feel like he is just along for the ride.

I just realized we were at MK on Katies day. I didn't put any time stamps on my notes but we did the mountains before lunch, pirates and the carpets after lunch, and ate at CHH that day. I'll have to look through my pics for blue streaks!

First, Happy Father's Day to Joe.

I don't know how i missed two updates. :confused3

Love your AK and MK days. Katie's new haircut is absolutely adorable (although she was adorable prior to that).

I'm sorry you missed Joe's reaction when he got his gift, but it sure looks as if he liked it. :thumbsup2

Oh no, I can't believe you missed Joe's reaction to his gift. It looks like he really likes it though. I still think it was a perfect gift. :goodvibes

Katie looks so cute with her new haircut. Caitlin asked yesterday to cut her hair short. I think she would look cute, but DH doesn't like short hair on girls so she needs to convince him. I am planning to cut my hair quite a bit next week and I know once she sees that she will be all over DH until he agrees.

Poor Joe having to eat Pixie dust:lmao:

CHH looks very good. I always have it on my list but we always have ts meals planned. Next time,really.

I haven't done the treehouse since I was a kid. I always think about it and decide it is a waste of time. Was it worth the time?

I can't believe the amount of trip reports where people have issues at parades. Why do people think it is acceptable to show up late and then try to sit in front of you when you have been waiting:confused3

We laughed a bit at Joe "eating my dust" but he definitely rode in front of me after that! :rotfl:

I think the tree house was nice and if you have time (and energy to kill) go for it but I don't think I'd make an effort to do it again.
CHH however I would definitely do again. yumm

I don't understand people in general who think they are above the rules of courtesy whether its a parade or anywhere else. :confused3 Joe and I always try to make space for kids of course but there were a few instances where other people thought they could just shove in front of us for stuff. by the end of the week I just decided to be in it for me and gently ignore (and prevent) people's attempts. sigh. sad that you have to be that way but I'm not big on being a doormat.
I love Katies hair!! Maya used to have a similar haircut; it's so cute on young girls!

Glad to hear I didn't miss much at the treehouse. I contemplated it but passed due to aching feet.

I love your story about the people at mickeys meet and greet.

Your *salad looked pretty tasty for a kids item.

I think your "days" are grand. Was it hard to give up the control? I think I'd be fine with Maya. *DHs would probably be something like let's sleep and then watch sports. *But it definitely
is something to think about. I'd love to find a way for dh to enjoy himself more rather than feel like he is just along for the ride.
Thanks! I love her hair cut --she looks great with it long but I love it this way as well.

I just realized we were at MK on Katies day. I didn't put any time stamps on my notes but we did the mountains before lunch, pirates and the carpets after lunch, and ate at CHH that day. I'll have to look through my pics for blue streaks!

That would be so funny! you'll have to let me know!

First, Happy Father's Day to Joe.

I don't know how i missed two updates. :confused3

Love your AK and MK days. Katie's new haircut is absolutely adorable (although she was adorable prior to that).

I'm sorry you missed Joe's reaction when he got his gift, but it sure looks as if he liked it. :thumbsup2
I'll pass on the wishes Kathy thanks. Poor guy is working tonight.

He really liked his gift - he has it on our dresser now. :lovestruc I need to take a better picture of it. We've just been very busy and I haven't had a chance to do it.

Have to say, we were completely and utterly unimpressed with Chef Mickey and rather with Contemporary Resort from that view. The best thing I ate was the tomato bisque (a favorite of mine) and the salad that I put together myself. I thought the sauce they used for the pasta was salty and sour. I tried the ham and it was way salty even for me, and I like salty things. Joe enjoyed the turkey pot pie but I thought it tasted like something out of a can. Even the mac and cheese on the kids section was icky. So icky that even Katie did not want it – I think she liked the chicken nuggets and want to say she found some noodles that she put butter but I can't remember.

The desserts were quite yummy but for sure I would not go there just for the dessert. I had a bit of bread pudding (very yummy!) and some key lime pie and I think a cheese cake bite.

51711_0110.JPG

51711_0111.JPG

Katie did love meeting her favorite characters, especially Pluto. she jumped up and hugged him so fast I had to get her to pose for a second
hug.
51711_0106.JPG

51711_0109.JPG

51711_0107.JPG

51711_0113.JPG

51711_0117.JPG

51711_0122.JPG

232323232%7Ffp539%3B7%3Enu%3D3253%3E495%3E7%3B8%3EWSNRCG%3D363%3A%3A%3A753332%3Bnu0mrj

I had to laugh because when they came around with the photo, Joe and I declined it –it felt weird but we already knew that we were not interested in it before they showed it to us.

The grandfather at the table next to us (3 generations together, LOVE that!) was on the bench seat right next to me and was asking me rather surprised “Oh you didn’t get the photo”. I told him that we’d had other pictures while we were at the parks, and since we didn’t expect a photo here, we didn’t dress for it –we’d been out all day, gotten we, and really were pretty disheveled. Of course I followed with “I’m sure your photo came out great – the girls are adorable and you’re all freshened up” His wife laughingly chimed in to call him a huge sucker that he can’t say no to anything at WDW. It was funny (and their photo was much nicer than ours. Really!)

Have to say that the reason we were rather unimpressed with CR (its not on our must go to list) was that after dinner, Joe needed a bio break. We’d already paid & he didn’t want to use the one right inside the restaurant so he headed to the one on that same floor, near where the monorail escalator is. I found him in the hallway, waiting for Katie (I was finishing my chat with the guy next to us) telling me that the restrooms were so horrible that he just couldn’t use them. Imagine! I told him to head out for the ferry & go to WLR – we’d catch up when Katie was ready.

51711_0123.JPG

51711_0124.JPG

232323232%7Ffp539%3B9%3Enu%3D3253%3E495%3E7%3B8%3EWSNRCG%3D363%3A%3A%3A753932%3Bnu0mrj

We headed back to WLR for just a bit, picked up a jacket for Katie because we were headed to DHS to catch Fantasmic! this night.

It took us a little while to get ourselves on the bus to DHS. We arrived and it was already about 8 p.m. so we headed directly to the F! theater. WOW Lots of people headed up and when when got nearly to the top of the hill, we saw a sign and heard over the speakers that Fantasmic! was practically standing room only. We took one look around and decided NO WAY! :scared1:

There was a second show scheduled, and people were already getting in line for that show. We stopped to ask a cast member about the line forming, and she very nicely told us that the second show was rarely as mobbed as the first one, and that we could likely walk up about 15 minutes early and still get a good seat.

That’s all we needed to hear! We wanted to do TSM! Now I really was not sure of the best route to get there – we started walking back and came upon The Great Movie ride. With no plan, and no line there, we headed in. it was awesome. I thought for sure I had snapped a few photos, but I have only one very weird shot of this:

232323232%7Ffp53987%3Enu%3D3253%3E495%3E7%3B8%3EWSNRCG%3D363%3A%3A%3A753%3B32%3Bnu0mrj

But we wholeheartedly enjoyed ourselves! (check, yet another Never done, DONE)

When we exited TGMR we really had no idea of the best way to get to TSM. We TOTALLY took the wrong / LONG way around. It was very odd wandering the back section of DHS by Star Tours and Studio Catering. Everything was very dark and empty. it was cool and weird a the same time. (my night shots are bad but still you can see how dark and empty it is back here)
232323232%7Ffp53995%3Enu%3D3253%3E495%3E7%3B8%3EWSNRCG%3D363%3A%3A%3A754232%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp53993%3Enu%3D3253%3E495%3E7%3B8%3EWSNRCG%3D363%3A%3A%3A754332%3Bnu0mrj

the nice thing was that it helped us for the next day – we’d wandered around in the dark so knew where everything was…and finally we found TSM. We felt a little dumb when we realized it was right behind TGMR but, oh well !

We were SO EXCITED to be here! the sign said 20 minutes so we knew we’d be fine and it would work out perfectly to see F! afterwards.
We were totally oohing and aaaahhing and pointing fingers at all of our childhood favorites supersized. I loved the scrabble board on the ceiling, and Katie and I had just played chutes and ladders a few days before our trip so it was so much fun to point out the board as we waiting.

51711_0136.JPG

51711_0134.JPG

51711_0139.JPG

51711_0140.JPG

51711_0141.JPG

232323232%7Ffp539%3B7%3Enu%3D3253%3E495%3E7%3B8%3EWSNRCG%3D363%3A%3A%3A754632%3Bnu0mrj

We had a great time on TSM – no score photos sorry – but lots of fun!

After TSM, we realized where we were (DUH) and headed right up to catch the second show of Fantasmic! It was smooth sailing – we picked up a big bucket of carmel corn for snacking (YUMMMM) and headed in to get front row seats! it was awesome! I snapped a few photos but the night shots are not that great—most of them were pretty blurry.

51711_0142.JPG

232323232%7Ffp5397%3B%3Enu%3D3253%3E495%3E7%3B8%3EWSNRCG%3D363%3A%3A%3A755532%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp53988%3Enu%3D3253%3E495%3E7%3B8%3EWSNRCG%3D363%3A%3A%3A755632%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp53998%3Enu%3D3253%3E495%3E7%3B8%3EWSNRCG%3D363%3A%3A%3A755%3A32%3Bnu0mrj

2011-05-17%25252022.31.45.jpg

Fantasmic was as good as we remembered, and as it ended, we managed to find the quick exit that brings you out right by the bathrooms at the front of the park. SCORE! We headed for the buses back to WLR to relax and savor yet another great day at the parks!

Up next, Daddy’s Day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter