Go to an Embassy?!?

I understand too why notaries are needed. It's just a hassle that for California points I have to go to an Embassy, rather than use my lawyer which was fine for AKL points.
Apparently Canada is not a party to the 1961 Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirements for Foreign Public Documents. If Canada was a party to this trade agreement, you could have a document notarized by a Canadian notary and then have an "apostle" issued authenticating the validity of the notary public. California specifically recognizes the validity of an acknowledgement by a foreign notary with an attached apostle. -- Suzanne

Yes. That is what the letter said, except that California DOESN'T recognize the foreign notary or a Canadian Apostille. Florida did for my AKL points recently, but California, not so much.

Unfortunately I found this out after telling my guide I would be heading to my lawyer to get the documents notarized, paid the money, and sent back my docs to Disney AND being turned away from the DL DVC centre who didn't have anyone available at the time I was there to notarize my documents. It's been a huge hassle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter