Gluten Free

Are the burger buns and bread for grilled cheese good? I’ve tried so many gf rolls that were so bad I ended up just throwing them out anyway
Yes, I really love the breads they use here.
I ate a BBQ sandwich yesterday at Regal Eagle in Epcot. It was amazing on gluten free garlic bread.

Celiac here....and mostly suggestions for ADRs....

Animal Kingdom - Churros at Nomad Lounge. A MUST.

Epcot - Poutine at Le Cellier (if Via Napoli ever found a way to make GF pizza, I think this would be my epcot favorite, just from what I’ve seen)

Hollywood Studios - Breaded Buffalo Chicken Tender Appetizer at Sci Fi

Magic Kingdom - Breaded Fried Chicken at Skipper Canteen

Sanaa - Bread/Naan Service appetizer

Grand Floridian Cafe - Eggs Benedict on gf muffins

Gluten Free Mickey Waffles, literally anywhere.

That’s probably my best list for now. If I think of any others, I’ll edit.
This is so helpful to know. We're planning a trip for later this year. We've been several times before but we have a family member who is now GF. Nice to hear of some places with great options. GF naan, GF churros and GF breaded chick that are tasty will help add some fun -- dining out can be scary and knowing where to get some enjoyable things will be very welcome!

I cross-posted this on the club level forum, but do any of you have tips about eating gluten free when staying club level?

I cross-posted this on the club level forum, but do any of you have tips about eating gluten free when staying club level?

We stayed club level once or twice many years ago. I don’t remember there being any readily available options (beyond the obvious fruit choices or things like that).

I think I emailed the special diets/allergy customer relations email address though, and alerted them of my upcoming trip at club level. I requested red bridge beer or any kind of GF beer for my trip, and they had a few beers in the fridge ready to go for me almost everday I was there. So I’m sure if you email them ahead of time or at least speak to a CM on staff, then they will be helpful in finding you something during your stay. It just may not be as easy as dining at a Disney Restaurant on the fly.

We stayed club level once or twice many years ago. I don’t remember there being any readily available options (beyond the obvious fruit choices or things like that).

I think I emailed the special diets/allergy customer relations email address though, and alerted them of my upcoming trip at club level. I requested red bridge beer or any kind of GF beer for my trip, and they had a few beers in the fridge ready to go for me almost everday I was there. So I’m sure if you email them ahead of time or at least speak to a CM on staff, then they will be helpful in finding you something during your stay. It just may not be as easy as dining at a Disney Restaurant on the fly.
Thank you monstermash23. I didn't even know about the special diets/allergy customer relations email. I'll look for that!

I can't think of a particular item, but I easily found delicious things to eat at every restaurant. The staff are excellent at handling allergies.

I really enjoyed the Churros at Nomad, the Naan at Sanaa and the Beignets at French Quarter. I would say the Churros reign supreme on my list.
I forgot to add in the Zebra Domes at the Mara - very good.

Last edited:
As for the rolls, burger buns and bread…they are pretty bad. We are here now. DD has celiac, the rest of the family eats GF by choice, just to keep the table safe for her. The tapioca rolls at the sit down restaurants are chewy and dense. The bread and buns are sweet, chewy, and stick to your teeth.

We have dined at: Narcoosee’s, Topolinos for breakfast, Sanaa, Nomad Lounge, Tiffins, Skipper Canteen, Cosmic Rays, Pinocchio’s Pizza House, Coral Reef, California Grill, Regal Eagle (quick service), and still have Be Our Guest and Whispering Canyon to come. If anyone wants and insight on any of those as GF with celiac, just ask.
After years of hesitating - because past experience at other places was so awful - I tried the gluten free buns on the burgers at Sci Fi Drive in and the grilled cheese at Toy Story restaurants. Nothing to write home about - or on a message board! - but I found them perfectly suitable and not as bad as others I’ve had in the past.

As for the rolls, burger buns and bread…they are pretty bad. We are here now. DD has celiac, the rest of the family eats GF by choice, just to keep the table safe for her. The tapioca rolls at the sit down restaurants are chewy and dense. The bread and buns are sweet, chewy, and stick to your teeth.
That being said, we have dined at one sit-down place and one quick service place each day since 06/05, with zero cross-contamination issues.
The “brazi bites” at Skipper Canteen made me look up a new recipe, so I could revamp my recipe at home…cassava flour plus tapioca flour, who new that mixture could be so awesome?!?!
We have dined at: Narcoosee’s, Topolinos for breakfast, Sanaa, Nomad Lounge, Tiffins, Skipper Canteen, Cosmic Rays, Pinocchio’s Pizza House, Coral Reef, California Grill, Regal Eagle (quick service), and still have Be Our Guest and Whispering Canyon to come. If anyone wants and insight on any of those as GF with celiac, just ask.

I'm so relieved to read this. Traveling in August for the first time since celiac diagnosis in early 2020. My son has been very worried about getting sick.

Are the burger buns and bread for grilled cheese good? I’ve tried so many gf rolls that were so bad I ended up just throwing them out anyway
I had the same reaction as others to the GF buns at Sci Fi. Are they as good as regular buns? No. Are they better than the vast majority of GF buns I have had at restaurants? Absolutely.

Also tried the bread/rolls at Cape May, Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern, and Be Our Guest. They were ok. Pretty heavy and, in case of Crystal Palace, still a little frozen in the middle (I sent them back so they could nuke them for a few more seconds in the microwave). Nothing to write home about, but I was generally starving and they did the job.

Had a couple of dinner rolls at Boathouse, and they were great. Easily as good as a regular roll.

I cannot remember the ones we got at Shula's.

Hands down the best GF option on the trip was Erin McKenna's. So nice to walk into a shop and be able to pick anything I wanted without worrying if it was gluten free. I took several things back to the room (strawberry shortcake, pineapple upside down cake, cookies) and found them all to be really good. Again, maybe not as good as a regular version, but definitely better than I am used to getting as GF options.

I'm so relieved to read this. Traveling in August for the first time since celiac diagnosis in early 2020. My son has been very worried about getting sick.
I was diagnosed with Celiac a little over a year ago as well. I had absolutely no issues at all at any of the TS or CS places we ate at during our trip. Maybe not quite as many options at some places as I would have hoped, but always found something I liked and no issues with cross-contamination at all.

Just to give you an idea how serious they take it - the manager at Oga's came out with a tablet and asked what drinks I was interested in having. She then went through and showed me the ingredient list for each and every thing that was mixed into all of the drinks to ensure they were GF. Did the same with everything on the appetizer menu. To be safe on the appetizers, they put anything with gluten in it on a separate plate, and put that at the other end of the table. Chef Mickey's (breakfast), Cape May Cafe (dinner) and Liberty Tree Tavern (dinner) were three family style meals, and each place prepared a separate platter for me to eat from that was entirely GF to avoid any cross contamination.

I was a little nervous as well, but by the end of the trip had no concerns at all.

Cookes of Dublin in DS- GF fish and chips is my favorite thing ever!
Churros at Nomads lounge
love the GF chicken tenders ( I don't know why)
D-Luxe Burger is awesome

Cookes of Dublin in DS- GF fish and chips is my favorite thing ever!
Churros at Nomads lounge
love the GF chicken tenders ( I don't know why)
D-Luxe Burger is awesome

I don't know what it is about the GF chicken tenders but I dream about them. Something about them takes them to another level.

I would also recommend asking to speak with a chef before ordering anywhere. They are always very accommodating and will answer any questions/concerns about cross-contamination. It also makes them more aware of someone who is very sensitive to cross-contamination. From personal experience the only time we ever had an issue is when we didn't ask to speak to a chef and simply ordered off the allergy menu. They brought out a sandwich (at the Plaza) with a regular bun, not gluten-free. Luckliy we caught it before our son took a bite. At table service restaurants it is also very helpful because there is typically more flexibility than the limited choices on the allergy menus. Our son is very sensitive to cross-contamination and we are more comfortable eating in WDW than at just about anywhere at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter