Gluten Free Fantasmic Dessert Party?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by maryr1oz, Nov 19, 2017.

1. maryr1oz

maryr1oz Down Under Disney Lover x

Hi Disers,

Has anyone had the gluten free option for the Fantasmic Dessert Party? DH is celiac and always ends up with fruit and boring desserts when we go to something produced for the masses. I would love to know what options they give in the Gluten Free box for Fantasmic!

EEva likes this.
  2. EEva

EEva Mouseketeer

I would like to know about this too! It might be helpful to ask over on the Restaurants board too.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. maryr1oz

Yes - good idea @EEva

5. halfpintpeggy

halfpintpeggy DIS Veteran

Following, we also get stuck with boring desserts quite often due to gluten allergies.

EEva likes this.
  6. maryr1oz

Let's hope someone has some experience @halfpintpeggy because i can't find any pics or good reviews online :daisy:

halfpintpeggy likes this.
  7. EEva

EEva Mouseketeer

I gave it a shot and posted over at the Restaurant board, but no replies yet. I suppose this must be too new for anyone to have tried it yet?

maryr1oz and halfpintpeggy like this.
  8. megs1313

megs1313 DIS Veteran

I need to ask this same question for the Star Wars Dessert Party at DHS. I hope someone knows....

maryr1oz, EEva and halfpintpeggy like this.
  9. cobra520

cobra520 Earning My Ears

Hey guys I know it’s a late reply but they do offer an allergen friendly box. It includes cotton candy, fruit, chocolate chip cookies, an apple cake, and I believe a cherry cobbler.

halfpintpeggy and EEva like this.
  10. bernina

bernina Mouseketeer

Thank you!!

11. EEva

EEva Mouseketeer

Yes, thanks for this report. :)

12. TangledHairDon'tCare

TangledHairDon'tCare Mouseketeer

When was this? In November, I was basically just told what in the box was gluten free and that there was not a separate box so we canceled. But then fantasmic was canceled that night anyway so it didn’t even matter!

13. cobra520

cobra520 Earning My Ears

I would like to apologize for that situation, I work at the dessert party every now and then and we make sure to always have allergy friendly packages, as well as we always do our best to make any additional nutritional related arrangements. If you have any questions you can always call the reservation line at (407) 939-3463.

(I am speaking on behalf of my own experiences and my opinions which are not representative of the Walt Disney Company)

EEva likes this.
  14. cobra520

cobra520 Earning My Ears

15. FastPasser.

FastPasser. THE PARTY IS OVER.

I realize that this an older thread, but just for clarification for those who may be considering doing it in the future, it's been referred to as a party several times on this thread but it's actually a "viewing experience".

Guests pick up their credentials, a box of desserts, and a drink in a souvenir cup. They are then directed to a reserved bench seat seating area. Unlike the SW, HEA and FEA dessert parties, there is no dedicated party area with tables, chairs, bar, etc.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/fantasmic-dessert-vip-viewing/

16. TangledHairDon'tCare

TangledHairDon'tCare Mouseketeer

Thank you but I did call, that’s who told me there was no allergy box for the party! No harm done since the show was canceled anyway though.