GKTW Meet: WDW Photowalk to Get 2 Chicks Muddy, December 11, 2011

jcb

always emerging from hibernation
Let's have some fun and raise money for Teresa and Kathy to get muddy for GKTW.

During the DISApalooza 2011 weekend, who would be interested in a photowalk? (A photowalk http://www.revellphotography.com/blog/2008/02/a-guide-to-photowalking/is walking around with your camera and photographing your surroundings.)

Since the goal is to raise money for GKTW Power of Ten, walkers are encouraged to donate to the soon to be muddy Chicks but, of course, everyone is welcome to participate. Just bring your camera(s), big or small, Nikon or that other brand.

One potential start time is shortly after the podcast taping ends on Sunday December 11, but I'm open to any time that works for most DISsers. If that time works, we could assemble in the Dolphin lobby, by the Christmas Tree, moving to other EPCOT resorts to get different perspectives on the holiday decorations, inside and out.

Photowalks are typically short so, for you commandos, plan on it lasting about an hour or a little more.

After a photowalk, tradition suggests that participants post photos online, such as to this thread, to compare techniques. (For more information read this webpage on Photowalks.)

Please reply to this thread if you are interested. Feel free to suggest alternate times/locations.

While I know a lot is scheduled for DISApalooza weekend, I hope we can work out a way to raise some additional money for GKTW.

If anyone needs incentive, Kathy put up a photo of the Stitch decoration at Boardwalk
378982_2701099256638_1531383287_32805402_1187027910_n.jpg

I've written a blog post about the photowalk and Tobi (Sayhello) asked if there would be a lunch stop along the way. To answer her, I would be shocked if this group didn't stop for something to eat, even if it is just a snack, along the way.

That sounds like fun. I believe I'll be joining the group, but I'm not sure about Val.

I'm in. We are only there Dec 8-11. Maybe we could do it after the podcast recording on sunday?

I have a few GKTW sponsored race cars ... would be willing to offer them FOR SALE, 100% benefiting GKTW ... would deliver to WDW / WWOHP. If that is permissible ... I could post pics.

In addition, I have a about a half-dozen vintage B/W Disney pics ... most are press photo's ... dating from the 1930's into the 1980's (with credential information pasted / copied on the verso). If there is interest in other items being offered ... perhaps at a gathering ... I might consider donating some ... but would want to make sure they bring in "X" amount, as they were not cheap. Thoughts? Comments?

I've added a Kathy photo to the first post.

Right after the Podcast works for me. :)

That's wonderful, Kathy.

I dug out my 2009 photo of the boardwalk decoration (which was also used in 2010). Nice to see something is being changed this year.
JCB_0261600x402.jpg

I have a few GKTW sponsored race cars ... would be willing to offer them FOR SALE, 100% benefiting GKTW ... would deliver to WDW / WWOHP. If that is permissible ... I could post pics.

In addition, I have a about a half-dozen vintage B/W Disney pics ... most are press photo's ... dating from the 1930's into the 1980's (with credential information pasted / copied on the verso). If there is interest in other items being offered ... perhaps at a gathering ... I might consider donating some ... but would want to make sure they bring in "X" amount, as they were not cheap. Thoughts? Comments?

Thank you for offering these items. :) I would suggest contacting Dave P. mouseskywalker here on the DIS. He is the "expert" on auctions items for GKTW.

I'm going to "sticky" this thread and add it to our official list. Great idea! ::thumbsup2

So where is the tentative walking location? I'd go for the Epcot resorts and then walking into Epcot.

Several of us are getting lunch at the fountain reataurant in the dolphin. We will probably kick off the walk around 1 pm. Meet at the dolphin tree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter