Giving up on MDR food

We found the food on our Dream cruise to be mediocre compared to our Wonder cruise, not sure if the relative quantity they need to prepare for a much bigger ship might have been the issue, or if it was pre and post Covid ingredient substitutions, or something else. It was all edible but boring enough that I would likely pick the Wish or Magic over the Fantasy because I don’t want a repeat of the Dream menus. Our meal at Remy was amazing, however. Palo dinner is great too but I think the brunch is not worth it anymore.

As for Palo we are pearl now and have been getting g ‘free’ dinners for awhile. I find the experience and food equivalent to a fine dining restaurant. We never leave less than $50 and have left as much as $100 for outstanding service.
I am assuming we should take cash to that dinner and tip immediately, yes?

As for Palo we are pearl now and have been getting g ‘free’ dinners for awhile. I find the experience and food equivalent to a fine dining restaurant. We never leave less than $50 and have left as much as $100 for outstanding service.
With the dinner being 'free' is a check receipt still provided at add a tip?

I really do not get how people complain about the MDR and praise room service instead. RS is really more like snacks. MDR is not as bad as many say. And for sure superior to room services. We did a few cruises since covid and I even liked the food post covid a little more than before. Palo is a different beast. I do not appreciate the “new” concept, especially for brunch, although food is good.

We found the food on our Dream cruise to be mediocre compared to our Wonder cruise, not sure if the relative quantity they need to prepare for a much bigger ship might have been the issue, or if it was pre and post Covid ingredient substitutions, or something else. It was all edible but boring enough that I would likely pick the Wish or Magic over the Fantasy because I don’t want a repeat of the Dream menus. Our meal at Remy was amazing, however. Palo dinner is great too but I think the brunch is not worth it anymore.
I've been on the Dream twice and seven times on the Fantasy. The food is NOT the same quality. We thought the Dream was subpar both times, but we always loved the food on the Fantasy.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter