Give me the low down on the fast pass situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not pass my beliefs and observations as facts, nor do I state that those who don't agree with me are in steadfast denial, i.e. outright wrong.

If you're really bored, go back and read my many posts on the subject. You will find they pretty much all say "I believe...", "Many/Most reports are...", "Many/Most posters say...", or "What I saw was..."; and are often followed by "none of us here know the whole picture". They are not written like these:

Yet when I asked what "facts" this poster is working with, the predictable response was a complete dodge--I should go back and look over old threads. They are incapable of citing even one, though the entire argument is based on a multitude of supposed facts.

Nothing wrong with this post--it makes complete sense and doesn't preach facts and truths.

So, you want another posters to reread your posts but you can't follow mine on this very thread?
Or the fact that every FP not grabbed by someone in a morning is left for later use and therefore creates longer availability is not good enough for you? Or the fact that FP longer lines are only occasional and happened before? Or that there is no evidence of FP increase and all supposed reports are rumors? What facts you are looking for that you did not see on this thread already? Seriously.:confused3

This is different. If someone with more financial means chooses an expensive restaurant, it doesn't impact my ability to eat at a less expensive one. If someone pays more for a deluxe suite, it doesn't impact my ability to book a standard room. If they pay for other extras, it doesn't impact my ability to buy the perks that fit me. But if they pay for ride access, that DOES impact my own ride access (assuming that if there were more takers on extra fast passes or paid FOTL, that makes for less free fast passes and longer lines.)
Thank-you.I could'nt find the words to express what I meant as well as you did!That is exactly the point I was"trying" to make.Well put!:thumbsup2

Thank-you.I could'nt find the words to express what I meant as well as you did!That is exactly the point I was"trying" to make.Well put!:thumbsup2

Each form of FP creates unfairness. However, I think paid FP is most fair out of any FP form we saw so far.

Each form of FP creates unfairness. However, I think paid FP is most fair out of any FP form we saw so far.
What exactly is unfair about FP if EVERY guest has the opportunity to obtain them?Paid FP IS unfair to those who can't AFFORD it!A family with 4 children,on their first,and possibly only trip to WDW,who have saved for 2 years to make said trip.... Yeah,lets charge them,and EVERYONE else MORE for FP! Sure,regular FP is unfair....On what planet though?:rolleyes:

You people have way too much time on your hands! IMO

Everyone is flipping out over the new Fastpass + system. I'm not crazy about it either but I'll give it a go. I tried to choose things like the new Fantasyland experiences and parades. I was able to choose 4 things for MK and 3 for DHS. We'll see how it works out.

At the end of the day these are first world problems. I refuse to get freaked out over a theme park, as much as I love WDW.:rolleyes:

What exactly is unfair about FP if EVERY guest has the opportunity to obtain them?Paid FP IS unfair to those who can't AFFORD it!A family with 4 children,on their first,and possibly only trip to WDW,who have saved for 2 years to make said trip.... Yeah,lets charge them,and EVERYONE else MORE for FP! Sure,regular FP is unfair....On what planet though?:rolleyes:

The unfair part is very principle that there are not enough of FP for everyone. First come first serve scenario is nice but family with runner who will take care of all the FP is not the same as a single mom for example, whose running will be much more limited. We are not in Sparta. When system is based on fast legs, there is no fairness. With paid system, I am sure if family go to Disney, it is expensive no matter how cheap you can get, still a lot, family can save a bit longer and invest in FP+ or staying onsite which is most likely how this payment will be presented.

Thread being closed as folks are continuing to debate the rights and wrongs of FP.

This board is for trip planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter