Girls-Only Trip *OLD thread* Please see link to new thread in 1st post, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah!! That's "sign up" number 3! I think four is enough for a meet, though it would be great to have more!

Do the "definite maybes" want me to start scoping out dates or just hold out a bit until you know more whether or not you can make the trip? I'm happy to start a DLP thread or we can just sort of stay paused for a little while longer. And how long are you all thinking of making the trip? As part of a longer European/France/Paris trip?

Any more takers? Maybe Mary Jo or Nancy (does she ever read these threads...)? SarahMay? Tina? Kelly? Stacie? Stacy? Vicky? Tracey? Ladies? Others? Bueller?

I would love to join you all but Mr. CA and I have been talking about a trip to Europe for my 'big' birthday in 2011/2012 and so I'll need to save my pennies for that trip. I'll keep an eye on your plans though just in case there is a chance I could make two trips to Europe in two years. I really want to go though!

Hi all! Hope the Vegas ladies are having a great time! Today is my last day in a uniformed position at work...no more over time for me!

Later,
SarahMay

I think that weekend will work for me too and I might be able to get the family to join me. I'll have to verify that it isn't a band competition when that schedule comes out but for now please count me in. What night are you all going to the Halloween Party?

You have a band kiddo too! What instrument? We are finishing 3 years of middle school band and starting high school marching band next year. Very fun and exciting to watch. Funny, when I was in high school the band kids were the nerds!

Hi all! Hope the Vegas ladies are having a great time! Today is my last day in a uniformed position at work...no more over time for me!

Later,
SarahMay

Congratulations Sarah! That must feel really great!

Wow, we were on page 2 ladies. Shocking! I know I have been really busy and unable to get online very much. My job is just majorly sucking right now. I have a boss that hates me, and it makes my job miserable. It doesn't really help that I day dream with that song running through my head, "Take this job and shove it, I ain't workin here no more..." Sadly, I do need a job, so I guess I better quit day dreaming. And seriously, with all the people out of work, I really have nothing to complain about. Rant over. Anyhow, between that and activities, just too darn busy I guess.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Tracey

My job is just majorly sucking right now. I have a boss that hates me, and it makes my job miserable.
Hope you all have a great weekend.

Tracey

Tracey: you have a great weekend too! I can't imagine your boss "hating you"--but a bad relationship does make for difficult work conditions. I hope things get better.

Sarah: congrats on the new job!

Vegas ladies: I saw Hash Hash A Go Go on one of the Food Network shows last night--omg--so want to go there again but for dinner. BTW, the chicken and waffles looked fab and looked like it could feed about three people.

Vegas ladies: I saw Hash Hash A Go Go on one of the Food Network shows last night--omg--so want to go there again but for dinner. BTW, the chicken and waffles looked fab and looked like it could feed about three people.

Cheryl, the chicken and waffles were amazingly good and yes, they could feed three people! There are four waffles (with bacon in them - woo hoo, Heather!!!) and two ginormous pieces of fried chicken. Sooooo good (and very reasonable too - but way, way too much food for one person......)

Cheryl, the chicken and waffles were amazingly good and yes, they could feed three people! There are four waffles (with bacon in them - woo hoo, Heather!!!) and two ginormous pieces of fried chicken. Sooooo good (and very reasonable too - but way, way too much food for one person......)

Oh my! That sounds so yummy - but bad!:eek: Bacon, waffles and fried chicken? :eek:

Hope you ladies are having a good time in LV!

You have a band kiddo too! What instrument? We are finishing 3 years of middle school band and starting high school marching band next year. Very fun and exciting to watch. Funny, when I was in high school the band kids were the nerds!

Tracey

Hi Tracey! Well I don't actually have the kiddo but Mr. CA's DD has been in marching band for 2 years and she plays the flute. His son will be a freshman this year and he plays the trumpet. He is also just finishing up middle school band and in May his band played at Disneyland. That was fun to go and watch!

It is fun to go to the marching band competitions. It's amazing how good some of these high school bands are. When I was in school the band kids were nerds too! Now they seem to be overacheivers and most of them are straight A students. ;)

What instrument does your kiddo play?

Hi Tracey! Well I don't actually have the kiddo but Mr. CA's DD has been in marching band for 2 years and she plays the flute. His son will be a freshman this year and he plays the trumpet. He is also just finishing up middle school band and in May his band played at Disneyland. That was fun to go and watch!

It is fun to go to the marching band competitions. It's amazing how good some of these high school bands are. When I was in school the band kids were nerds too! Now they seem to be overacheivers and most of them are straight A students. ;)

What instrument does your kiddo play?

He is trumpet too. Yes, it is amazing! It is actually called "show band" at our school. The kid has to go to band camp for two weeks this summer and it is for 12 hours days! This is the showband last year, if anyone is interested. If love to watch them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVbwq97v-Ig

The theme for next year is "Everything is Illuminated" and the theme music is "Aurora Awakens".

Can you tell I am excited. He had to try out for the position as usually freshmen don't make it. So I am extra proud of him.

That sounds to die for!

Tracey: you have a great weekend too! I can't imagine your boss "hating you"--but a bad relationship does make for difficult work conditions. I hope things get better.

Thanks Cheryl!

Theresa: what type of syrup was on it? I missed whether it's "just" maple or something else.

I'm JEALOUS!!!!!

He is trumpet too. Yes, it is amazing! It is actually called "show band" at our school. The kid has to go to band camp for two weeks this summer and it is for 12 hours days! This is the showband last year, if anyone is interested. If love to watch them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVbwq97v-Ig

The theme for next year is "Everything is Illuminated" and the theme music is "Aurora Awakens".

Can you tell I am excited. He had to try out for the position as usually freshmen don't make it. So I am extra proud of him?

Show band is a good name for it because it really is a show not what I think of when I hear 'marching band'. Last year their show was Blues Brothers and that was fun. All the kids wore sunglasses and the brass section had a cute dance section. I am not sure what they are doing this year. The year before they made their regional finals and that competition was amazing! One of the bands had snow for their Winterwonderland theme.

Here their band also has band camp for 2 weeks in Aug. when it is so hot here! I feel sorry for them.

Good luck to your son and I hope he has as much fun as Mr. CA's DD has had in her past 2 years. We are hoping his DS has fun and makes friends like his DD has.

Good Morning! Happy Monday!

My co-workers decorated my desk and got me flowers for my birthday and my boss's wife made me brownies. On the front of my desk and behind me on the cabinets there are streamers and a Happy Birthday sign.

Desk.jpg

I stopped by my mom's house on the way in to work because she had gone to Disneyland on Saturday and had gotten me the June Tinkerbell pin.

pin.jpg

pin2.jpg

She also got me a Cheshire Tail which is like a Tigger Tail but strawberry flavored insted of orange.

tail.jpg

Well guess what else she got me...

The Disney Dooney and Burke purse!!! Whoo Hoo!

pursef.jpg

purse.jpg

We didn't end up going to DL on Sunday. We are going to wait until next Saturday because that's when the Summer Pass comes out which is like 3 days for the price of one since DBF doesn't have an annual pass. Plus we will get to see World of Color.

DBF took me out to lunch at Famous Dave's and them we went to the movies. We saw Killers. It was ok. After that we had Blizzards at Dairy Queen. Then we came home and I watched New Moon for the first time. I can't wait for Eclipse to come out.

Good morning ladies!!

Sarah, what a lucky girl you are!! I love that purse! :)

Hope you all had a good weekend. I am sooooo exhausted. It was a lot of fun. Angie is a wild child, out getting a tattoo last night, riding the bull the night before, and pretty much matching Marcie drink for drink. :banana:
Wendy is looking hot!! And speaking of hot, I'm pretty sure Theresa won't come back in the summer ever again. :rotfl2: It got to 108 over the weekend!!! So I wouldn't blame her. lol

We were out until 5 a.m. Friday and almost 3 on Saturday, plus I was up late last night telling Ruben all about it, so I think it's going to take this old gal a while to catch up on her sleep. But it was worth it. Fun times!!

Back to reality today though. Grocery shopping and a doctor appt. Ugh. Have a great day everyone!! :hippie:

happy-birthday-donald-duck.jpg

Happy Birthday Sarah! Looks like you are having a great day. Love the purse.

steph

Hi gals!:goodvibes

School's out for summer!! Wooo!! :banana:
I am so excited to have almost 3 months off from work. I still work part-time at Penney's but not having to get up early will be nice and getting to spend more time with Maddie is so wonderful.

Happy Birthday Sarah! I love the purse! Very cute! Enjoy your special day :yay:

Hope you all are doing well!

Happy Late Birthday Sarah! Love your purse!

Beth - Glad you had fun with the Vegas Diva's! It took me all week after our Vegas weekend to catch up.

January - Enjoy! Schools out for summer!

So in the last 24 hours we have captured four mice in our UPSTAIRS bedroom.:confused3 I have no idea why, even if they climbed up onto the deck and came in through the sliding door (which I have kept open some the past couple of days), they would all have climbed up the stairs into the bedroom. Maybe the cat has been bringing them in and dropping them up there as gifts for me. They have all seemed to be unharmed and we let them go back into the field by the house.

Wow, that sounds like quite a Vegas trip...a little too much for me though. I can barely stay awake late enough for the double feature at our neighborhood theater.

Show band is a good name for it because it really is a show not what I think of when I hear 'marching band'. Last year their show was Blues Brothers and that was fun. All the kids wore sunglasses and the brass section had a cute dance section. I am not sure what they are doing this year. The year before they made their regional finals and that competition was amazing! One of the bands had snow for their Winterwonderland theme.

Here their band also has band camp for 2 weeks in Aug. when it is so hot here! I feel sorry for them.

Good luck to your son and I hope he has as much fun as Mr. CA's DD has had in her past 2 years. We are hoping his DS has fun and makes friends like his DD has.

Thanks Vicki! I hope so too and the same for Mr.CA's son:) Although boys are different, that is for sure! We just had my son's last Jazz Band concert tonight and he was awarded the Most Valuable Student award. It was really cool and he was just beaming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter