GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN - Update: AK Part 1

Hi:wave2: I followed you over from my TR.:) I know I'm late, but I just had to check out your plans for your all-girls trip!!:thumbsup2 (they look great,BTW)

Yay!! for staying at CBR!! We are considering this resort for our next trip!! It looks just beautiful!!

Great pictures!!! Ahh..we love the opening show at MK!! I'm excited to hear what you think about MNSSHP. It sounds like so much fun!!

Can't wait to hear about your AK plans!!

The plans sound awesome! Thanks for posting pics, they were really nice. I would love to do MNSSHP someday. I'm not a big fan of Halloween, but I think it would be fun at Disney. I heard they give you major candy.

Thanks! :goodvibes We are all getting really excited now. I like Halloween but I'll be out of the country this year at the end of October so I'm going to totally miss all the pumpkin carving and everything.

Any of the candy I get will have to be eaten at Disney, otherwise my husband will eat all of it one night for his midnight snack...and that's not good :eek:

Hi:wave2: I followed you over from my TR.:) I know I'm late, but I just had to check out your plans for your all-girls trip!!:thumbsup2 (they look great,BTW)

Yay!! for staying at CBR!! We are considering this resort for our next trip!! It looks just beautiful!!

Great pictures!!! Ahh..we love the opening show at MK!! I'm excited to hear what you think about MNSSHP. It sounds like so much fun!!

Can't wait to hear about your AK plans!!

:welcome: Thanks so much! I'm really enjoying your trip report as well! It's nice to see someone else's experience w/ a short short trip.

I really like the CBR. Actually I have some more pics that I can post from a previous trip there. It's a relaxing place & that new pool is really amazing.

At least I know I'm not the only one who is obsessed w/ the MK opening show! :rolleyes1 I just love the song & it gets you even more psyched to get into the park. It's hard to believe how many people haven't seen that show!

Wow! I can't believe it's real, but there's now less than a week left before we will be in Disney!!!! party:

I am SOOOO excited! :banana: I really can't even think about it too much b/c then I get all worked up and anxious and well, let's just say that it's been hard to fall asleep the past couple of days b/c I'm thinking about this trip.

All of my supplies have been bought, so there isn't a lot of last minute stuff to do. I want to wrap those Mickey ears...how I'll wrap them, I'm not sure, but I want to do it so they'll be a surprise.

And I've been calling Jasmine on the phone trying to get a hold of her (grrrrr!) but I haven't talked to her in a few weeks. I just want to check in to make sure that she's all set and then she's on her own!

My dog has been sick to his stomach the past few days :guilty: so I've been concerned about that. Here's a picture of my dog, he's my pride and joy.:goodvibes

IMG_1525.jpg

He's starting to feel better today I think, so keep your fingers crossed.

And for you CBR lovers out there, I wanted to post some pics from my last stay there back in January of this year.

picture of the Nemo themed room
IMG_3489.JPG

Jamaica village
IMG_3495.JPG

more Jamaica
jamaica.jpg

our frozen car in the CBR parking lot
IMG_3491.JPG

See that frost on the car window? It was like the coldest time in Florida when we were there!

Anyhow, for Reese and anyone else who is off on a trip this weekend, I hope you have a magical time....I can't wait to join you myself!:cheer2:

Aw, your pup is so cute.... Take that asa huge compliment b/c I am not very fond of animals! :laughing:

Oh my goodness, we were at CSR in December and we woke up to frost one morning too!!! It was crazy, I thought I left the cold back in Philly! :) Thankfully it warmed up pretty quickly though!!! There were a few times I needed to wear gloves at night!!! :rotfl2: Good news is I don't think we need to worry about that next week when we are there!!! :lmao:

Hey Tink!:goodvibes I just wanted to pop in and say HI!!! I don't think I will be online much in the next week or two (Cleveland for work - then Ocean City for vaca!) So I wanted to stop in and tell you guys to have a FABULOUS time!

Drink a GGLCS (or two...:rolleyes1)for me and to take TONS AND TONS of pics! I want to read the TR when you get back!

Have a great week with the ladies! :grouphug:

Your dog is so cute!!! I hope he's feeling better!!:goodvibes

Love all the pictures of CBR!! I'm so happy that the rooms are now Nemo themed--it just might be the key into talking my boys into staying there.:laughing:

WOO HOO only one week! :banana:

The Nemo stuff at CBR looks so cute! haha at the frost! When we were there in Jan. of '08 it was like that for a few days. I swear when we got home it was warmer here than it was there.

I'm listening to the Disney Dreams Come True parade theme song right now! :banana: "Come and share the exciting adventure of Disney dreams come true!"

I really miss that parade. Anyhow, I talked to Jasmine finally today and she's all set for the trip.

I also went to Target tonight and bought a new umbrella (hot pink of course!) and so now I really have everything I need for the trip, I can't believe it! :goodvibes

Because I'm taking at least Tues-Sun off next week, I need to get some work done this weekend, which is not super fun, but it's a small price to pay for 4 days of magic ;)

Aw, your pup is so cute.... Take that asa huge compliment b/c I am not very fond of animals! :laughing:

Oh my goodness, we were at CSR in December and we woke up to frost one morning too!!! It was crazy, I thought I left the cold back in Philly! :) Thankfully it warmed up pretty quickly though!!! There were a few times I needed to wear gloves at night!!! :rotfl2: Good news is I don't think we need to worry about that next week when we are there!!! :lmao:

Thanks! We got him at the SPCA about 5 years ago and it was love at first sight :lovestruc

Its just so weird for it to be cold here, so I was shocked to see frost that day even though it was January :rolleyes: But we checked the pool that day & it was still a toasty 80 degrees...gotta love that!

Hey Tink!:goodvibes I just wanted to pop in and say HI!!! I don't think I will be online much in the next week or two (Cleveland for work - then Ocean City for vaca!) So I wanted to stop in and tell you guys to have a FABULOUS time!

Drink a GGLCS (or two...:rolleyes1)for me and to take TONS AND TONS of pics! I want to read the TR when you get back!

Have a great week with the ladies! :grouphug:

Hey Heather, thanks so much for the good wishes!! :flower3: I'll have to catch up on your TR when I get back. Have a wonderful time in Ocean City, that sounds fun!! :banana:

Will definitely take pictures and some video too. I'll lift my GGLCS to you girl! :drinking1

Less then a week, I'm jealous.

I can't wait! Seriously I have to clear my mind every night before I go to bed or I just can't sleep for the excitement! :yay:

Your dog is so cute!!! I hope he's feeling better!!:goodvibes

Love all the pictures of CBR!! I'm so happy that the rooms are now Nemo themed--it just might be the key into talking my boys into staying there.:laughing:

Thanks Angie. He is all better now...I think it was a case of people-food overdose :sick: which makes it worse b/c we know that he was sick b/c of us :sad2: It's just hard to resist those brown hound dog eyes...I swear he does Jedi mind tricks on us! "Give me give me give me the french fry" :laughing:

The Nemo rooms are really cute but not too cartoon-y that adults can't enjoy them. I was hesitant about them at first, but when I saw them I really liked them!

Have you seen the pirate themed rooms that they have at CBR? Those are really neat too.

WOO HOO only one week! :banana:

The Nemo stuff at CBR looks so cute! haha at the frost! When we were there in Jan. of '08 it was like that for a few days. I swear when we got home it was warmer here than it was there.

I love the CBR! I've checked out some other moderate resorts but they don't do it for me like the CBR does :)

I couldn't believe that we had frost that day! It's usually so warm. Just hope that the warm weather isn't too much of a shock for my friends. I keep telling them it's hot down here still, but I'm not sure they get just how hot.

Our trips are super close now!!! Woo hoo!!! I see you like bright pink? LOL!!! Me too!!! My luggage is bright pink!!! :rotfl: I love it!!!

I think I am officially done all my class work, matter to fact I just finished it, your right, it's a small price to pay working on the weekend to go to Disney!!

Day 4 – Saturday Sept 26th, Animal Kingdom

Our 4th and final day is at Animal Kingdom. None of the girlfriends have ever been to this park so it’s pretty exciting! :woohoo:

CIMG0046.JPG

Get up in time for rope drop
Yes, I want to go to every rope drop. Is it a pipe dream? We’ll see. I guess it depends on how late we stay at MNSSHP.

And from there I don’t have any clear plans for park touring.

Our Animal Kingdom highlights are:
Expedition Everest – I’m a little worried about Belle on this one. :eek: She is kind of a chicken when it comes to roller coasters...I know she’ll ride it at least once, I hope she likes it!
Dinosaur – My favorite ride in AK :cloud9:
Kilamanjaro Safari
Both jungle/nature walks
Kali River Rapids – I’ve never been on this before, it should be fun!
It’s Tough to Be a Bug – Can’t wait to hear their screams at the end lol :rotfl:
Lion King Show – This is a wow attractions imo

CIMG0015.JPG

CIMG0020.JPG

Animal Kingdom maybes that we’ll do if we have time:
Finding Nemo show
Primeval Whirl

Lunch at either Flame Tree BBQ or Pizzafari
I’m just narrowing down the choices to these two. It really depends on how hot we are – I like Flame Tree, but it doesn’t have indoor seating, so :rolleyes1

Go back to resort
Everyone is going to need a little time to get their stuff together for departure the following morning. And we’ll want to dress for dinner.

Dinner at Boma 8:10
I LOVE Boma!!! It’s right up there w/ O’hana for me. I also love the AKL. I think that everyone will be impressed with the place.

Hit Jellyroll’s at the Boardwalk or Rix Lounge at the CSR
:dancer:We’ll probably want some nightlife on our last evening at Disney. We’ll just go wherever we feel like going.

Head back to the CBR and rest for the flights the next day

And that wraps up our last day at Disney! :sad:

On Saturday we’ll be driving to the airport :car: for everyone’s flights and I’ll drive the Tinkerbell Taxi home where it will become a Honda again and I’ll start planning my next Disney trip lol!:rolleyes:

Your AK plans look great!!:thumbsup2

Love Dinosaur!!! It's one of my very favorites!!!

We enjoy Flame Tree too, but I wish they had indoor seating as well....the boys are not fond of all the birds that hang around.:sad2:

Only 2 days left!!!:yay:

Tonight and tomorrow I'm taking care of loose ends and then Wed morning at 7:30 am I'll start the drive to MCO and then WDW!!! Only one more whole day until the trip...I am dying with excitement!!!:dance3:

I've put so much time and effort into creating a fun trip - from dining reservations to buying breakfast items for our rooms to MNSSHP tickets to glow necklaces, it has been a lot of planning.

My friends really have no idea....I sure hope they appreciate it :goodvibes

It's like a kid trying to fall asleep Christmas Eve, I love and hate that feeling. I purposely think about Disney when trying to fall asleep, I always hope it will give me happy dreams.
Man, I would kill to be in your shoes right now, I am so excited for you.

I purposely don't think about this trip at night, it just makes it too hard to sleep!

Thanks Ty! :flower3: I'll be looking you up as soon as I get back to see what kind of hijinks you've gotten into while I'm gone!

Our trips are super close now!!! Woo hoo!!! I see you like bright pink? LOL!!! Me too!!! My luggage is bright pink!!! :rotfl: I love it!!!

I think I am officially done all my class work, matter to fact I just finished it, your right, it's a small price to pay working on the weekend to go to Disney!!

I'm so happy for you guys...the trip is almost here! I hope you have a blast! :banana:

Your AK plans look great!!:thumbsup2

Love Dinosaur!!! It's one of my very favorites!!!

We enjoy Flame Tree too, but I wish they had indoor seating as well....the boys are not fond of all the birds that hang around.:sad2:

Only 2 days left!!!:yay:

I don't love the scavenger birds either, but its mostly the lack of air conditioning that gets me ;)

Sooooooooo excited now! :cheer2: I just can't wait!

Aww I love Animal Kingdom! Expedition Everest is awesome so hopefully Belle will like it.

You sound like such a good friend. your friends are going to love all the time and effort you put into this trip for them. It's going to be so special.

2 days, actually it's really less then that now. I hope you have the best trip (I'm sure you will) Please let me know once you have started your TR, I am all about that read.

Have fun and be safe!!! My prayers will be with you on your drive there and back.

Hey tink!!! Heading to the airport in a few hours, just wanted to stop by and say have a safe trip!!! hopefully we will run into each other on Friday!!! :goodvibes

Aww I love Animal Kingdom! Expedition Everest is awesome so hopefully Belle will like it.

Yeah, I've talked her through the intense parts of the ride, so she'll know what to expect. It's more a mind thing than a stomach thing - she just has some irrational fears about the safety of rides...hopefully she will do ok!

You sound like such a good friend. your friends are going to love all the time and effort you put into this trip for them. It's going to be so special.

2 days, actually it's really less then that now. I hope you have the best trip (I'm sure you will) Please let me know once you have started your TR, I am all about that read.

Have fun and be safe!!! My prayers will be with you on your drive there and back.

Thank so much Ty! I try to be a good friend :littleangel: No matter what happens on this trip, we'll all be together so that's what really counts. :grouphug:

I'll be looking you up when we come back! ;)

Hey tink!!! Heading to the airport in a few hours, just wanted to stop by and say have a safe trip!!! hopefully we will run into each other on Friday!!! :goodvibes

I hope you have a fabulous trip! Best wishes & pixie dust your way!! :wizard:

I've taken today off to do the packing and tie up any loose ends. My sweet husband has taken it upon himself to clean and de-hair my car (I love my dog but hair in the glove box, come on! :eek:)

I'm giving myself a mani-pedi (I can spend the money on drinks instead right? :laughing:) and then it's pack pack pack until it's all done. There's really just a few things left now...I can't believe I'll be driving to WDW tomorrow & seeing my friends :drive:- who I actually haven't seen in over a year! ::yes::

I just want to say goodbye or TTFN (ta ta for now!) to everyone who has been reading. The best part of doing this PTR has been meeting so many of you beautiful and kind hearted disers - you guys are amazing :grouphug:

Thanks everyone & I'll see you when we get back! :thanks:

Better late than never! Safe travels to you! Everything looks great! I can't wait for your return and your TR to follow!

Have tons of fun!!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter