Disney maps are sooo cool!
Day 3 MK and MNSSHP!
One Week Countdown!
Day 4 Gettin' Wild at Animal Kingdom

Day 1 - Off to Neverland!
Day 1 Part 2
Day 2 Epcot
Day 3 - Our HOT Day in MK

"Ahhh, Salam and good evening to you worthy friends...please, please come closer...agh, too close, a little too close."

There, now welcome to my very first pre-trip (and later) trip report!
:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

I'll be covering about a month in pre-trip and then sadly only a 4 day vacation to Disney World starting on Sept. 23rd and ending on Sept 27th 2009. But...short as it is, this vacation is VERY SPECIAL.

Why? Because this is a Girls-Only trip to WDW with me and my three best friends - one who's never been to Disney! No husbands or boyfriends allowed! We get together about once a year for a fabulous vacation and so it's always a very special time for us.

Yes I know, everyone thinks their vacation is very special, but mine is filled with hot women and not everybody can say that! :rotfl:

So, if you like days by the pool, humor, eating, drinking, quotes from Disney movies, MNSSHP and just general merriment, this is the trip report for you!!!

DISCLAIMER: If you are interested in a very masculine point of view please don't subscribe to this report, believe me, you'll really hate it...why do you think the husbands and boyfriends are staying home? It's a given that we'll be operating from a very girly estrogen-filled point of view...that is what this trip is all about ;)

THE CAST

We are four women in our late twenties. Names have been changed to protect the guilty. :lmao: This is my first time posting photos so hopefully this will work, I know that Photobucket is the the typical m-o around here, but I'm going against the grain and using Picasa by Google for my image uploads *crosses fingers*

brycehead.jpg

Meet Ariel

94607316809_0_ALB.jpg

Jasmine, the Disney first-timer....27 years is really too long to have to wait, what is wrong w/ her parents?!

shanhead2.jpg

Belle

liz%20face.jpg

And Tink, that's me!

I'm sure this will be a huge surprise to everyone, but I'm the planner of the group :goodvibes So basically everything on this trip has been planned by me with a little input from the girls, but not much...which of course I don't mind since I want to plan it all anyhow!:rolleyes1

THE THEME SONG

I know not every trip has a theme, but this one does. It's Girls Just Wanna Have Fun because, well, we do. :) and to make it Disney, it's the Miley Cyrus version!

THE TICKETS

I'm an Annual Passholder and also the resident Disney-freak on this trip (and PROUD of it!!!)

Ariel, Belle and Jasmine have 3-day Magic Your Way passes w/o the Park Hopper Option...we decided to do this for cost reasons mostly, but also since we have such a short time for the trip, we thought 1 park each day would be enough.

We also have tickets to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for Sept 25th.

THE RESORT

We're staying in 2 standard rooms at the beautiful Caribbean Beach Resort. I'm using a passholder discount for my room and the other is full price w/ the free dining deal.

I've stayed there before, and this time we've requested the Jamaica village - we're not using the busses and think the quieter village will be nice...plus I love the blue and yellow colors of those buildings, so cute!!

THE DINING

We're all on the Disney Dining Plan - regular version.

Here are our ADR's, we pretty much got whatever I, um I mean we, wanted.

Sept 23 - O'hana dinner
Sept 24 - Restaurant Marrakesh dinner
Sept 25 - The Wave dinner
Sept 26 - Boma dinner

"But this is no ordinary Trip! It once changed the course of four young women's lives, four young women who like this trip report are more than what they seem....diamonds in the rough."

:tink:And that's the start of my report. I hope you tune in...I'll be updating w/ more plans soon.

Ten points to whoever knows what movie I've been quoting (or paraphrasing if you want to get picky)!!

I thought I'd give you some more details about the cast for this trip...and put off work for another 30 minutes! ;)

FH000004-2.jpg

Once upon a time....four girls met at college in Virginia. They became instant friends and were roommates for many years. Now they're all grown up and while most of them still live in Virginia, one of them has gone to a kingdom far far away (aka Florida). Yeah we live far apart, but we are still besties!

From left to right on that picture is Belle, Jasmine, Ariel and Tink (me)

Belle is an interior designer. She loves Disney almost as much as I do. She has a laid back personality and really is one of the sweetest people I know. Belle got married about a year and a half ago to her Prince Charming....here's us at her wedding, Jasmine has a pretty bad sunburn! :laughing:

IMG_1461.jpg

Jasmine manages a bar/restaurant and bartender extraordinaire. She's also very laid back and likes to sleep late (and I, um I mean we, want to do rope drop! eeeks!:eek:) She's not always good at checking her email, but she's there when you really need her. She has NEVER been to WDW :scared1: Jasmine is single.

Ariel is a real estate agent and leads a pretty busy life. She is more of a type-A personality but is a bit of a party girl really...so watch out for her. She hasn't been to WDW since she was a small child, she doesn't remember too much so this is kind of like a first visit for her too. Ariel has a boyfriend.

And what about me? I own my own internet business on the gulf coast of Florida (Siesta Key anyone?) I LOVE Disney & am an annual passholder so I go as much as I can. I'm married and I have a wonderful Prince Charming of my own (he looks more like Gaston though lol) and a dog that I love like a baby. I'm sooo excited about this trip, I can't believe it's finally getting closer!

We've taken lots of trips together as a group. Here's us in Mexico a few years ago...what's up with those small drinks?

CIMG1483.JPG

But we've never gone to WDW together...so it should be interesting to see everyone's inner child come out!

I've just been a lurker here on the trip reports board, but I saw your pre-trip report and since I also went to college in Virginia, I thought I had to say "hi"!

Let's hear more about your trip - it sounds like fun.

And, are your quotes from Aladdin?? Just a guess.

YAY!! I'm excited to read more about your trip! That is so great you're able to get together with your girlfriends and vacataion once a year! I'm SO jealous!

I used to work for the airlines and a girl I worked with was getting married. A bunch of us took a weekend trip to Orlando and had her bachlorette party at Pleasure Island and played at Disney, it was SOOO much fun! It wasn't my BFF's though, that would have been really special!

I look forward to reading more. :surfweb:

I've just been a lurker here on the trip reports board, but I saw your pre-trip report and since I also went to college in Virginia, I thought I had to say "hi"!

Let's hear more about your trip - it sounds like fun.

And, are your quotes from Aladdin?? Just a guess.

Where did you go to school? We all went to Radford University in the mountain part of the state.

And you're absolutely right! Those quotes are from Aladdin! 10 points for you!

YAY!! I'm excited to read more about your trip! That is so great you're able to get together with your girlfriends and vacataion once a year! I'm SO jealous!

I used to work for the airlines and a girl I worked with was getting married. A bunch of us took a weekend trip to Orlando and had her bachlorette party at Pleasure Island and played at Disney, it was SOOO much fun! It wasn't my BFF's though, that would have been really special!

I look forward to reading more. :surfweb:

:welcome:Thanks for stopping by!

It is hard for us to coordinate the get-togethers w/ jobs and husbands, but I guess we know that if we don't do it we might fall out of touch and that would be terrible!

That sounds like one fun bachelorette party :banana: Disney is such a special place to spend time together.

Oh, and I saw your little girl in your trip report - she is adorable!

--------------------------------------------------

Gotta work now, but I'll update tonight w/ our day-by-day plans and the details on my ongoing internal struggle about Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party....stay tuned.

So here's our rough plans for the first day "on property"

Day One, Sept 23

- Tink drives from Sarasota, FL to Orlando MCO Airport in the Tinkerbell Taxi (aka Honda Accord with disney stickers on it) to pick up the girls who all had early flights and will arrive around 11 am :drive:

Everyone is flying in on the same flight - which took a lot of tricky maneuvering from me and the airtran.com website btw! So I'll just pick them up in the terminal. One little glitch is that I'm not sure where the MCO Airport is yet, I'll have to do a test run next time I'm at the World. ;)

I've told the girls not to pack too heavy b/c we'll have 4 suitcases and groceries/supplies for our rooms all in the trunk of my little honda accord...we'll see how this works out or if girls will have to hold their luggage on their laps!!

- We all head to the CBR and see if we can check into our rooms

*crosses fingers* I hope our rooms are ready for check-in around 12-1pm which is probably when we'll arrive.

- Hit the pool and work on our tans

Now the fun starts!!! We'll change into our bathingsuits, slap on some sunscreen and hit that fabulous CBR pool. I can't wait to try the waterslides!!

Caribbean%20Beach%20Resortpool.jpg

- Lunch at Old Port Royale

We'll probably just grab a bite to eat at the CBR food court. It's kinda cute in there like a Caribbean market, so that's fun.

- Grab drinks at Tambu Lounge & Watch fireworks from Poly beach :drinking1

I'm looking forward to this almost as much as anything else. I can't wait to sit there with a tropicaly drink in my hand and watch Wishes from the Poly beach! Paradise!!:cool2:

- Dinner at O'hana

Our ADR is for 8:30, I hope that gives us enough time to watch most of the fireworks and head back into the Great Ceremonial House for check-in. I am soo looking forward to introducing my friends to dumplings, chicken wings, shrimp and oh yes, bread pudding at O'hana. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! I know I look small, but folks I can really put away some food....especially that bread pudding! :laughing:

- Maybe minigolf at Winter Summerland

If we can move after our feast at O'hana, we might go do some minigolf at the Winter Summerland course. That is, if I can find it...that little course always seems so hard to find!

And after all that we'll head back to the CBR and talk until the wee hours, um, I mean get a good nights rest before hitting the parks the next day! :)

Your plans sound great so far! Drinking some cocktails on the beach while watching the fireworks sound amazing! :cloud9:

Your plans sound great so far! Drinking some cocktails on the beach while watching the fireworks sound amazing! :cloud9:

I really can't wait!!!

Hmmm, as to drinks I haven't thought about it all that much....okay, that's a lie, I was thinking that I might order this:

drinks.jpg

Or maybe this:

drinkred.jpg

Or this?

lapu.jpg

I don't think I can choose just one!

Your trip looks like so much fun ! :goodvibes
My friends and I try to go to Vegas every year or two, and
we have the best time ever ! :rolleyes1
We laugh so much, it's a blast !
We would love to do Disney, but we all have kids now .....................
And, our children would never forgive us. :sad2:
I cannot wait to hear all about your trip !!
Have fun..........
Don't party too hard, you have to get up the next morning,
and tour the parks ! :woohoo:

Your trip looks like so much fun ! :goodvibes
My friends and I try to go to Vegas every year or two, and
we have the best time ever ! :rolleyes1
We laugh so much, it's a blast !
We would love to do Disney, but we all have kids now .....................
And, our children would never forgive us. :sad2:
I cannot wait to hear all about your trip !!
Have fun..........
Don't party too hard, you have to get up the next morning,
and tour the parks ! :woohoo:

:welcome:Yay! I'm so glad you're onboard LuvindisCruiser (get the cruising pun there)!!

Vegas sounds fun!! I've never been there, but always wanted to go. I think we'll have to put it in the "to do" for another girls trip...what happens in Vegas...

Totally understand about not being able to go w/o kids --- all of us are child-less and I know that can only last another year or two probably ;) so this is perfect timing!

Yeah, we're going to have to limit the alcohol intake b/c I want to get to rope drop!! But I know the day after we do Epcot might be a little rough...there are just so many fun drinks to try! :)

I'm planning on updating later this evening, but now I gotta go get something to eat at Leeroy Selmons - yum yum barbeque!!

I was going through all of my favorite Disney websites and I came across a link in my favorites to create your own Disney parade courtesy of the Disney website...I just couldn't resist. :rolleyes1

So I created a personalized Disney parade for my girls trip - it is really quite hilarious to see us all on that big float, what am I talking about? You should see it for yourselves!!!

http://www.mymagicalparade.com/25966

If that doesn't make you crack a smile, I don't know what will!!! We have some kickin' dance moves on that float and our outfits, wow :lmao:

Highly recommend playing around w/ it and creating your own personalized parade. You can do it here: http://www.mymagicalparade.com

Hey!!! AWW I'm so in!! This is going to be such a fun TR to read!! You and your friends are all beautiful!!

You have awesome ADRS!! You girs will love The Wave. It's awesome!!!

YAY you leave in less than a month!!! I bet you girls are thrilled!

Oh I had some drink at Ohana that was AMAZING!!! I forget the name of it, but this is what it looked like

IMG_0815.jpg

It was just really really good!! Really fruity. I know it had a not so Disney name. Something with screw in it, LOL! The server told me that they had to name it something disney friendly, lol! I just forget.

Yaaay! Subscribing! :banana: I rarely read TR's - but this one seems right up my alley. :thumbsup2

It must be so fun to have friends that share your disney love. :cloud9: My friends all know me as the 'Disney freak' too.

But not in an endearing way. :lmao: Whatev. :rolleyes:

That pic of the CBR pool is gorgeous! I think we may stay there again during our next trip in Oct/Nov next year :goodvibes

Oh, and yes. If you haven't ever had a Lapu Lapu. Please do it! Seriously!! They are soooo good.

BEWARE - you will be on the floor after 2. Looking like this guy - - - > :rotfl2:

Hey!!! AWW I'm so in!! This is going to be such a fun TR to read!! You and your friends are all beautiful!!

You have awesome ADRS!! You girs will love The Wave. It's awesome!!!

YAY you leave in less than a month!!! I bet you girls are thrilled!

You are too sweet you little Ariel lookalike you! :flower3:

Now I know just one of the places where I've seen your posts...you did a dining report for the Wave right? I read it & it helped me decide to go there. Belle is probably most excited about the Wave, she's really into organic food and stuff like that.

We are SUPER excited now...it took the other girls a little longer than me of course, but its so close now that they are starting to catch a little of my pre-trip excitement.

Seriously, when I look at my countdown ticker I get so excited I could pee my pants....then I remember I was potty trained about 27 years ago and I go to the restroom like a nice young lady :rotfl2:

Oh I had some drink at Ohana that was AMAZING!!! I forget the name of it, but this is what it looked like

IMG_0815.jpg

It was just really really good!! Really fruity. I know it had a not so Disney name. Something with screw in it, LOL! The server told me that they had to name it something disney friendly, lol! I just forget.

That does look good! So are you saying that I should just ask the bartender for a screw or something?? Hmmm, maybe I should just print out the picture. ;)

Yaaay! Subscribing! :banana: I rarely read TR's - but this one seems right up my alley. :thumbsup2

It must be so fun to have friends that share your disney love. :cloud9: My friends all know me as the 'Disney freak' too.

But not in an endearing way. :lmao: Whatev. :rolleyes:

That pic of the CBR pool is gorgeous! I think we may stay there again during our next trip in Oct/Nov next year :goodvibes

Oh, and yes. If you haven't ever had a Lapu Lapu. Please do it! Seriously!! They are soooo good.

BEWARE - you will be on the floor after 2. Looking like this guy - - - > :rotfl2:

:welcome: Heather, thanks for going against all of your natural instincts and signing on! I hope we don't disappoint you!

Yeah, I wouldn't exactly say that they love Disney quite the way I do, but they do trust me enough to make the vacation plans pretty much every time we get together....which again I don't mind since I do like the power:stir: he he he

Belle is probably the one who likes Disney almost as much as me, but really I think that with the plans we have, they will all be begging to do it again next year by the time I'm done w/ them!

I've stayed at the CBR before (more on that later) and I like it a lot. People complain that its "too big" but I don't mind a 5-7 minute walk to go get lunch...really it makes me feel better about all of that cake and icecream and pie that I'll eat for dessert.

Ahhhh yes, the infamous Lapu Lapu....I think we'll have to order at least one of these - we're sharing types, so we will probably all have a little of each other's drinks. Lapu Lapu and the Screw-something (lol) are both on the list.

“Fabulous pool, fabulous splash,
Fabulous parties even fabulous trash,
Fabulous fashion, fabulous bling,
She's got to have fabulous everything”

Ah, yet another Disney quote!
So here are some of the fabulous things that I’ve bought for this trip.

IMG_4848.JPG

Disney purse - 26 dollars

IMG_4856.JPG

Glow necklaces for 4 people - 4 dollars

IMG_4854.JPG

Mickey antennae – 24 dollars

IMG_4852.JPG

Glitter eyeliner for MNSHHP – 18 dollars

IMG_4857.JPG

Toilet paper, poptarts, special K bars and a French Martini drink mixer to go w/ rum that I already have – 21 dollars

12607316809_0_BG.jpg

A trip to Disney with your best friends – PRICELESS!

When I took all this stuff outside to photograph, I think that it’s really sunk in to my husband that I’m taking this trip report very seriously…yes, I’ve taken my Disney crazy to a whole new level now. ::yes::

Anyway, there are a few more things that I’d like to purchase, maybe another drink mixer, but I have most of the essentials. What do you think?

I’m also dying to buy a new hair straightener for this trip b/c my hair stylist just taught me how to do waves w/ a straightening iron and my current one kind of bites. What I’d really like is one of those beautiful T3 irons, but the $160 price tag is holding me back big time…I mean, me & my husband could eat at O’hana like 2.6 times for that kind of money!:laughing:

:tinker: Next update will be our plans for Day two…

I know, my husband thinks I'm crazy too when I start photographing all my newly bought disney items!! :lmao: Or when I photograph my food!

I just bought the baby his 1st Winnie the Pooh outfit today and once I got home I took a picture of it.... He just rolled his eyes at me and said "Girls" :rotfl: So check out Jayden's new outfit later, it's so freakin cute... I'll post it later.

I love the mickey headbands you got.... You girls are going to look so cute with them on.

I have been on the "My magical parade" website for the past hour......
:rotfl:I have been having a blast ! :rotfl:
I did a couple of different ones, with my husband, the kids, and I.
:lmao:HILARIOUS ! :lmao:
Thanks for that link, it is so much fun.
I sent a few to friends, they will love :lovestruc it !!!
I cannot wait to hear all your stories from your trip !!!!!
How can you stand that it is SO close..... LUCKY ! :)

I know, my husband thinks I'm crazy too when I start photographing all my newly bought disney items!! :lmao: Or when I photograph my food!

I just bought the baby his 1st Winnie the Pooh outfit today and once I got home I took a picture of it.... He just rolled his eyes at me and said "Girls" :rotfl: So check out Jayden's new outfit later, it's so freakin cute... I'll post it later.

I love the mickey headbands you got.... You girls are going to look so cute with them on.

Yes indeedy, my husband is like "what are you doing?" About 90% sure that he's considering professional help for my obsession :laughing:

Awww, love the outfit! That must be one of the most fun things about shopping for the new baby, just imagining him in all of the cute little onesies!

I hope that my friends will wear the mickey headbands. I can just hear Ariel now "but it hurts my head!"....

I have been on the "My magical parade" website for the past hour......
:rotfl:I have been having a blast ! :rotfl:
I did a couple of different ones, with my husband, the kids, and I.
:lmao:HILARIOUS ! :lmao:
Thanks for that link, it is so much fun.
I sent a few to friends, they will love :lovestruc it !!!
I cannot wait to hear all your stories from your trip !!!!!
How can you stand that it is SO close..... LUCKY ! :)

You're welcome!! My Magical Parade is sooo fun! I thought about doing another one w/ my husband and my dog...if I do, I'll be sure to post it. There are so many cool things that Disney does to help you get excited about upcoming trips!

I'm just about going off the deep end now! I really cannot wait for this trip to come...the anticipation is killing me :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter