Gifts/tips

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by mumsy1955, Jul 5, 2018.

1. mumsy1955

mumsy1955 DISNEY FAN

Which of your vendors etc do you tip and which would you give a gift to after your wedding.What gifts would you suggest. Thinking of planner,officiant,makeup,photographer, videographer,driver.Do you give them tips or gifts on the wedding day or later,don't want to have to ask people to carry things round with them on the day of the wedding or to be handing out money. What is normally done

2. Sehsun

Sehsun DIS Veteran

We gave cash tips to our hair and makeup artist, cake delivery, floral delivery, officiant, and DJ. For our reception staff (servers, bartenders, etc.) and limo back to our hotel that night, the tip was already factored into the bill (the contract should state this if so). I used WeddingWire and The Knot to assist with tipping amounts and knowing who is usually tipped.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. verleniahall

verleniahall DIS Veteran

no gifts - just cash

5. lurkyloo

lurkyloo The Attic was just perfect!

Hopefully likes this.
  6. ALegrande

ALegrande Mouseketeer

We tipped our DJ, our limo drivers, and our hair and makeup artists.

For our planners (I had two- one for Disney and one for my off site reception), we sent a nice office gift from Tiffany’s. That way it was something nice and classy, obviously not cheap, but something they could use at work and get some enjoyment out of and it felt more personal than cash. I sent it to them as soon as we got back from our honeymoon.

7. AnnaS

AnnaS DIS Sponsoor/Veteran

Do you actually see the person delivering the cake at the reception? I know to tip everyone - would not have thought of tipping the Officiant or DJ. I would tip limos also.

8. ALegrande

ALegrande Mouseketeer

I didn’t see the cake department delivering our cake...

9. mumsy1955

mumsy1955 DISNEY FAN

does it really matter if you don't give what is "expected" as long as they get something,as daughter's future hubby has just lost his job so money will be extremely tight for them after wedding is paid for and I would like to think they were spending their money on enjoying the happiest time of their lives with what money they may have and not worrying if they are giving the "expected amount" of tip ,I would have thought anyone should be grateful for whatever tip they got,you pay enough for their services after all. Or maybe "bank of parents" might step in!!!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    lurkyloo likes this.
  10. Sehsun

Sehsun DIS Veteran

Oh, absolutely! I'm sure whatever the couple want to give to their vendors will be appreciated. :) One idea is they could give them a framed photo of the couple from the wedding day with a card?