Gift Card Restrictions

RivaLJ

Crazy for the Mouse
Are there any Gift Card restrictions? For what can the card be used?
Can you use it to pay for the room?
I am busy crunching numbers to see if the GC option or room discount is the way to go; and to be able to use it to pay off the room is a deciding factor.

Are there any Gift Card restrictions? For what can the card be used?
Can you use it to pay for the room?
I am busy crunching numbers to see if the GC option or room discount is the way to go; and to be able to use it to pay off the room is a deciding factor.

You can use it for anything a Disney giftcard can be used for (most all stores/rest in WDW or your hotel bill) I don't know what you are talking about the reservation or an addl nights stay. If it's your reservation you can use a giftcard, just not the one that is part of the package. The package has to be pd for in full 45 days prior (or in full if booking less than that) You will receive the giftcard upon checkin. If you are staying days after the package and wish to use it towards that bill, you can. If you are going to upgrade your tickets to hoppers etc. you can use the giftcard for that as well as long as you do it once you checkin!

I am pricing out various options. What do you think is the best way to go? I will decide later whether Poly or CBR.

1)Using the room discount+ 10day MYWPH with DQS
Poly- 3684.41 OR CBR- 2732.05

2)Room discount +1day MYW and DQS + ticket upgrade(to 10day PH)
Poly- 3553.76 OR CBR 2601.40

3) Split stay Rm discount + two 1 dayMYW+DQS + ticket upgrade(to 10 day PH)
POLY and CBR=3248.26

4) SPlit stay room discount+10 day mywph+DQS+1day MYW+DQS
Poly + CBR=3378.91

5) using Gift card Rack rate + 5day mywPH split stay
POLY- 2616.71 CBR 1806.70
2 reservations $1250 in gift cards Used for meals and paying for room.

6) and lastly- split stay
CBR- Gift card, 10day MYWPH+DQS= 2048.55
Poly- room discount +1 day base +DQS=1703.31
The $500 card would go to pay off 2nd hotel

I guess it's up to you to decide. I just went through the same pricing and repricing! We ended up with just the room discount since we had 4 one day passes to use towards tickets and were going to upgrade to APs We didnt' need the 5 day passes so I had to do more figuring than you!1 I could have ended up with my 4 one day passes plus a 5 day! If they were just 1 day pass requirements, I probably would have. Remember the room type can not be avail as well ( that also was in the mix for me)

One thing about the package deals against room only is the 6 months zero interest avail on the package.

The thing I found for a previous client was to do a split stay, with the GC offer first, and a room only on the second half of the ressie. That way, if you wanted you could do Poly for one portion and CBR for the second (since you haven't decided which you'd rather do!).

Just get a 5day MYW ticket, and upgrade it to the 10 day, using your GC after you check in. And also use to GC to pay off the remainder of you room only ressie. I'd pay OOP for meals in the second half of the trip, using Allears.net to plan meals accordingly. Remember, your meal plan is good through midnight of the day you check out of your dining plan ressie, so you might could stretch it one night if you wanted to. Load the front end of your ressie with all the high dollar ADR's, and place the less expensive dining options on the later half when you pay OOP. This might save you a few bucks over the DDP on the second ressie, not to mention the cost of the 1 day ticket. :thumbsup2

Edited to say I just saw where you were planning for the QSDP. You could definitely stretch some of those over for the last day... and use up all the snack credits for things to hold onto for the remainder of the trip (like bottled sodas or water, muffins, etc). Plus, you'd still have your refillable mugs for the second half of your trip.

I am pricing out various options. What do you think is the best way to go? I will decide later whether Poly or CBR.

1)Using the room discount+ 10day MYWPH with DQS
Poly- 3684.41 OR CBR- 2732.05

2)Room discount +1day MYW and DQS + ticket upgrade(to 10day PH)
Poly- 3553.76 OR CBR 2601.40

3) Split stay Rm discount + two 1 dayMYW+DQS + ticket upgrade(to 10 day PH)
POLY and CBR=3248.26

4) SPlit stay room discount+10 day mywph+DQS+1day MYW+DQS
Poly + CBR=3378.91

5) using Gift card Rack rate + 5day mywPH split stay
POLY- 2616.71 CBR 1806.70
2 reservations $1250 in gift cards Used for meals and paying for room.

6) and lastly- split stay
CBR- Gift card, 10day MYWPH+DQS= 2048.55
Poly- room discount +1 day base +DQS=1703.31
The $500 card would go to pay off 2nd hotel

I thought I read somewhere that the gift card promo isn't valid for split stays but I'm trying to find it and can't. If I can, I will come back and edit this post with the link.

Also, what are the blackout dates for booking a free GC package? Im planning a birthday trip for my DS who will be turning 13 on July 6. We will be arriving July 4, if thats not a blackout date.....:confused:

So, can I choose to upgrade my tickets to a 10 day non expiring with water parks and pay for it with the gift card? This may be a plan!

I have a question about the gift card too that hopefully someone can help me with. Do you have to actually use the giftcard to pay for the things, or can you charge everything to the room and then use the giftcard to pay the balance? If we have to actually have the giftcard in hand for each purcahse, either DH or I would not be able to use it if we were doing something apart.

You can charge things to your room and then use the gift card to pay them off :goodvibes Just like Marcie (marcielm) suggested, you can do the gift card for the first 5 nights and then use the pin or discount for the rest of your stay :woohoo: We are staying for 9 night so that was the best way to go for us :yay:

Also, what are the blackout dates for booking a free GC package? Im planning a birthday trip for my DS who will be turning 13 on July 6. We will be arriving July 4, if thats not a blackout date.....:confused:

Does anyone have any idea about this? :confused3

I just put in the dates of July 1-July 6 and the gift card offer was there...also no blackout dates are mentioned on the disney page. Great deal!

I think the only blackout dates I saw were the couple weeks surrounding Easter during the spring break times. I didn't see any true "summer" blackout dates.

Hi, I'm wondering if you can use a Disney gift card to purchase park tix?!?! Has anyone successfully done this?

We can buy the cards thru my son's school's scrip program.

Thanks!

Hi, I'm wondering if you can use a Disney gift card to purchase park tix?!?! Has anyone successfully done this?

We can buy the cards thru my son's school's scrip program.

Thanks!

yes, but the free giftcard requirement is a 5 day pass per person. You can upgrade. See some above posts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter