GF review?

Honestly, I think my refurbished room at Pop Century was just as nice as that room. And then if you want to compare it to a room at The Poly? It's absolutely no contest... the Poly wins every time.

I will never understand why Disney considers The Grand their flagship resort and not The Poly. The Poly has better theme, better atmosphere, better rooms, and same great location (even better since it's a closer walk to the monorail for EPCOT).
I haven’t stayed at the Poly yet but BLT is my favorite monorail resort. Nothing beats walking to MK.

BLT is my favorite monorail resort. Nothing beats walking to MK.

Similarly, nothing beats walking back to the Boardwalk after a day at EPCOT.

Yeah the walking distance between the Contempo and MK is obviously incredible, but if I'm staying on the resort loop I personally would take the theme and feel (and Trader Sam's) of the Poly.

But I still think the Contempo/BLT is cheaper compared to the Grand, which is so odd to me.

Similarly, nothing beats walking back to the Boardwalk after a day at EPCOT.

Yeah the walking distance between the Contempo and MK is obviously incredible, but if I'm staying on the resort loop I personally would take the theme and feel (and Trader Sam's) of the Poly.

But I still think the Contempo/BLT is cheaper compared to the Grand, which is so odd to me.
I definitely have the Poly on my bucket list.

I agreed with Pete's mum - in impressions of the room.
Look, the Grand is not my taste so I never really researched it - I wasn't interested. But when he opened that door - I immediately thought I've stayed in nicer rooms for 10% of the price before. As Pete said, $800 a night can get you so much better on WDW property. I thought the rooms were basic, small the storage was TERRIBLE. And no room that is charging $800 a night ANYWHERE should feature a shower curtain. I don't care if its the Burg Al Arab, Buckingham Palace - $800 and a shower curtain? 🤮

Honestly, I think my refurbished room at Pop Century was just as nice as that room. And then if you want to compare it to a room at The Poly? It's absolutely no contest... the Poly wins every time.

I will never understand why Disney considers The Grand their flagship resort and not The Poly. The Poly has better theme, better atmosphere, better rooms, and same great location (even better since it's a closer walk to the monorail for EPCOT).

I LOVE THE POLY. And I agree with everything you said. But if I would have picked over our DVC Studio like Pete did when we were there in February I could have found dozens of things wrong. The DVC wing is need of refresh pretty soon (and its coming).

Wow... Just wow. Totally agree with Pete, for that price and what is supposed to be their 'flagship hotel', you should not have to deal with rude staff, especially when they made the mistake in the first place. I also would be bothered by such a dirty couch, again for that price per night, you should be wowed when you enter the room, not making exceptions for the furniture, or how clean things are.

I’ve only ever stayed at the Grand Floridian DVC villas and they were really, really nice. No shower curtain in sight. I was curious about this review as I have a friend who was underwhelmed staying at Grand Floridian. I understand why after seeing the room in the review. It’s really not impressive at all. Nothing like the DVC villas at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!