GF or BLT monorail to EPCOT

jltdone

Mouseketeer
I am very new to the monorail, how long and how would you take the monorail to epcot from GF or BLT and how long does it take approx. if everything is running smooth from GF and BLT.
Thanks

From GF, get on the monorail on the second floor of the lobby, get off at the Ticket and Transportation Center (TTC) and transfer to the Epcot monorail. From BLT, walk to CR, get the monorail (escalator to the monorail is on the 4th floor), get off at TTC and transfer to the Epcot monorail. If all runs smoothly, it will be around 35 - 45 minutes.

I am very new to the monorail, how long and how would you take the monorail to epcot from GF or BLT and how long does it take approx. if everything is running smooth from GF and BLT.
Thanks
From GF to BLT should be around 15-20 minutes, possibly less if everything is running smoothly. Keep in mind that you will go thru a security checkpoint at the monorail stations at each resort prior to boarding any monorail, regardless of your destination. BLT is not directly on the monorail, you need to traverse a bridge from CR to BLT after exiting the monorail.

To get to the Epcot monorail from GF, I would walk from GF thru Poly to the TTC rather than taking the resort monorail. The resort monorail goes from GF -> MK -> CR -> TCC, stopping at each station to discharge and pick up passengers. The walk to the TCC is not very long and isn't unpleasant unless it is extremely hot or raining hard.

The only difference is that it will take a couple extra minutes to get from GF than from the CR to the TTC The order is GF, MK, CR, TTC, Poly, back to GF.

Just a small note on the comment above about walking from GF to the TTC. That walk is a bit of a commitment. It's a 20 minute walk if you trust Google maps, which feels about right. Obviously that's going to vary based on your speed. I don't necessarily think it's a bad idea if you don't mind the walk (and it is a beautiful stroll), but it may be more than some folks want to do. I also don't think it necessarily saves a ton of time compared to taking the resort monorail and transferring. Probably around the same time commitment, give or take a bit.

Also as has been noted, you will go through security at the resort monorail entrance AND the entrance to Epcot. Unfortunately the monorail platform at Epcot dumps people outside of the security bubble there, so you have to go through again.

During both our stays at GF, the monorail to and from Epcot was the worst! Not one single time was the trip less then 1-1/2 hours, and we are talking about over 8 different times:( Wait at GF, then get off at TTC, walk down the ramp and then up the next ramp to wait again. We found it better to walk to the TTC and catch the monorail from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter