Getting stuck on the skyliner

If your husband is so concerned that he keeps Googling the issue, he should probably stay off of it.
He’s not concerned at all. He just saw videos on YouTube and sent them to me. Mostly just goofing around.

I honestly love skyliners and have always ridden them at smaller amusement parks. The difference was they were open air. I don’t like the enclosed nature of the one at WDW.

You have to remember, hot means something different to everyone. I myself love summer in Florida. Our pool has to be 92 degrees or I’m not going in. Lol
I watch people walk around Epcot in 80 degree weather and you would think they are walking on the sun. They got the cooling towels, fans and squirt bottles going and have pastie white legs, tourist from the north. Nothing wrong with that but you can tell where they are from just by looking at them. I have a hoodie on with like brown legs sticking out. Lol. I don’t go outside, other than to work when it falls below 70.
I use to design hvac systems, everyone’s comfort level is different.
We’ve already hit 100 degrees here in Austin multiple days this summer. It’s hot here. I understand hot, I’m a native Texan. But I will still be walking around Epcot with a cooling towel, fan, squirt bottle and white legs. 😂

We’ve already hit 100 degrees here in Austin multiple days this summer. It’s hot here. I understand hot, I’m a native Texan. But I will still be walking around Epcot with a cooling towel, fan, squirt bottle and white legs. 😂
Thats exactly my point, everyones hot it different. Don’t matter where you’re from or what the weather is like, everyone’s comfortable level is different. What some people say is hot is fine to others. Just like the food boards, what some people find as great food, others wouldnt eat at that restaurant if you paid them.
I live in a swamp for the most part, I know what heat and humid is to, im fine when it’s 100 degrees with 97 percent humidity, my 57 year old wife a few years ago could be dying of heat sitting in a freezer. Lol
I hate boats,ships and water. My wife and daughter go on cruises. Me, I’ll stay home. I don’t like the motion of the ocean. Everyone says, oh it’s so big you don’t feel it, yes you do. Lol. I do the same thing, I’ll send videos of cruise ships stuck in storms from YouTube to my wife. Lol.
I still laugh, I worked with a cp from Alaska. We were working side by side, I had long pants, under armour turtle neck, a p coat, hat and gloves. I had hand warmers under my hat on my ears. She had shorts and a light jacket on. Lol.
There’s a picture of it somewhere. Lol

I've ridden the Skyliner a dozen or so times and once it stopped for maybe a minute, if that. But I won't get on the Skyliner when there's an obvious wind.

Just to warn you, though, if you leave DHS right after closing, the line for the Skyliner is huge, although it apparently moves pretty quickly.

The Skyliner goes over a lot of water and while it may be an unlikely scenario, I'm curious if people will be able to get the doors open in the event that a gondola falls in. There's no safety instructions and cast members don't seem to have an answer.
Thanks for putting that thought in our heads!:rotfl2:Unfortunately, the answer is a big NO!

I remember when Skylander was new and all those people getting stuck on it for over 3 hrs., I said to myself that I would never go on it. It looks fun but since no guarantees, will take another mode of transportation!

Thanks for putting that thought in our heads!:rotfl2:Unfortunately, the answer is a big NO!
What can I say, I'm the one person on the plane who reads the safety card in the seat pocket in front of me and listens to the flight attendant emergency procedure spiel!

I would be more afraid of what lives in the water than if the door will open.
The door will open, there will be two cms helping you into a raft with towels giving free $100 gift cards, unlimited front of line access,bottles of water singing there’s a great big beautiful tomorrow. Lol

What can I say, I'm the one person on the plane who reads the safety card in the seat pocket in front of me and listens to the flight attendant emergency procedure spiel!
Are you sure you want to get out of the cabin? Do you know what lives in the waters in Florida? They don’t seem to know because there are no answers for a lot of, what ifs in life.
Just the chances we all take everyday waking up and walking outside.
I can think of a million what’s ifs that would scare me a lot more just getting there even before I would step onto the cabin.
The Titanic was unsinkable yet we still go on boats. People die on our roadways every day and we still drive. It’s the dice we roll everyday.

While I'm not a fan of the skyliner, I have ridden it twice. The first time was to see if it was a fun as everyone was saying and to test if it was quicker than walking or taking the boat between HS and Epcot (it wasn't). The second time was, again, to test the time to see if the first time was a fluke because there was a long line at the CB transfer station. It wasn't a fluke, it took almost the same amount of time as the first time.

Having said I'm not a fan, I rode it the first time in April the year you still had to wear masks outside and it was pretty warm outside. The second time in April again. It did stop for a few minutes the first time between the little turn station and Epcot so it was just along the line in the air. There was plenty of breeze blowing so it wasn't horrible, I'm guessing it was around 90 outside. I'm not a young woman and I do get the wonderful hot flashes we are gifted with and even with a mask on, it wasn't uncomfortable (well other than the part that I was stopped, swaying and dangling in the air).

I certainly pass up staying at any of the resorts that have the skyliner, I actually prefer the buses, but I wouldn't worry about it getting stuck.

I would be more afraid of what lives in the water than if the door will open.
The door will open, there will be two cms helping you into a raft with towels giving free $100 gift cards, unlimited front of line access,bottles of water singing there’s a great big beautiful tomorrow. Lol

Are you sure you want to get out of the cabin? Do you know what lives in the waters in Florida? They don’t seem to know because there are no answers for a lot of, what ifs in life.
Just the chances we all take everyday waking up and walking outside.
I can think of a million what’s ifs that would scare me a lot more just getting there even before I would step onto the cabin.
The Titanic was unsinkable yet we still go on boats. People die on our roadways every day and we still drive. It’s the dice we roll
I was more concerned about drowning but I suppose it would at least be quicker than demise by brain-eating amoeba!
I am in agreement that life should not be lived in fear. But in a reality where you can lose your life just by being in a movie theater, grocery store, etc at the wrong time, it's not a bad idea to be aware of your surroundings and be prepared to move quickly in emergency situations. My Tai Chi teacher was a policeman and he drummed this in his students' heads. His simple advice about looking all directions at an intersection, even when you have the right of way, has probably saved my life a few times when someone ran a red light.
I agree that the scenario of a gondola falling in water is unlikely, and have no problem riding it. It is not, however, outside the realm of possibility so I would just like to know what I can do should the situation arise. The idea that the Titanic was "unsinkable" probably cost a lot of lives among the passengers who discounted the reality of what was happening and waffled over whether or not to get in the lifeboat.

I certainly pass up staying at any of the resorts that have the skyliner, I actually prefer the buses, but I wouldn't worry about it getting stuck.
This is how we feel. We're not Skyliner fans - wouldn't ever need to use it. But we understand why many love it. I would be far less concerned about getting stuck in the air than I would be about my family potentially getting stuck at EPCOT, needing to walk quite a bit for alternate transportation from IG, because they shut down the Skyliner for bad weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter