Getting ready to head north!

Stratman50th

Loving all things Fort Wilderness!
Doing the getting ready thing. The coach is good I think. Got the new tires for the rear. Installed a new battery combiner. Got it all washed. Doing some more grocery shopping this weekend. I had two teeth pulled Wednesday so I hope the swelling and pain are reduced before we leave on Tuesday. Probably not LOL! Wondering if the folks along 95 need rain, because it always does when we're on the road. Hope everybody has a great time at the Dismeet. @bama_ed. Would love your pork shoulder in the crockpot recipe. That would be excellent for an over the road meal.

Safe travels and enjoy your time up North. Rained until today, sun is out and in the 70's.

@bama_ed. Would love your pork shoulder in the crockpot recipe. That would be excellent for an over the road meal.

It's pretty stupid simple, Stratman50th. I'm not much of a smoker/grill guy but I can do a lot of damage in the kitchen (mostly to my waistline).

But get your favorite pork shoulder product (bone-in, boneless, doesn't matter). Salt/pepper/season the outside with a tiny bit of water (like 1/4 cup) to get the steam heat started. I also give mine a few shots of liquid smoke for additional flavor.

Then leave it in the crockpot on low for 7-9 hours then lift out and pull it apart. Most of the fat will have melted into liquid and the meat will be very soft and tender.

My problem is that I often get a shoulder/butt that pushing the size limits of my big oval crock pot (we also have a smaller one). But this one I cooked this week was a little 5# and it was delicious.

Ed

PS - some crockpot recipes say put it on High for the first hour then turn to low for the rest but a crockpot is not responsive like a race car. So for KISS purposes I just set-it-and-forget-it on Low the whole time. Smells so good.

We left at about 11:30, ready for an easy day one drive. I-4 was this five minutes after I got on. Got in to Coastal Georgia at 5:15.
In case I never mentioned it before, I hate I-4

Ah, the "Move to Orlando" part that nobody ever warns you about ..... :crazy2:

Sorry, brother. :confused3

Ed

PS - when DD was in the Disney College Program and I would visit her at her apartment at Vista Way (at the intersection of Hwy 535 and I4), they had a room that faced I4. And I would look at the northbound traffic (closest to us) always, ALWAYS, backed up, crawling, bumper to bumper, and say to myself "why?".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter