Getting ready to buy the Hoover Floormate - Do you have one?

Jeninindy

<font color=blue>I broke my ankle and got a concus
Good Afternoon,

I am getting ready to purchase a Hoover floormate H3060. We have both linoleum, tile and hardwood floors.

The review seem to be good across the board, but I was wondering if any Dis'ers have one and love, just like or hate theirs.

Thanks for your input!

It was the last Hoover I will ever buy. I loved it when I had it, but the thing didn't last long at all. Neither did my Hoover vacuum, or my sister's vacuum, or my mother's steam cleaner. We've all sworn off Hoovers.

I agree with the pp. I loved mine for the first few months. After a while though it lost suction and would leave small pools of water on the floor. I'd have to go around and wipe the floor dry. My dh took it apart a few times and cleaned it out. It would work like new for a few weeks and then back to no good again. We have the bissell flip it now and while I wouldn't say it's better, it is easier to take apart to clean, and it has two kinds of cleaning pads. Plus it's almost 1/2 the price of the floormate, so I can replace it easier.

Tile floors here...1 kid...2 dogs...1 messy DH. I love my Floormate! :thumbsup2

I bought it as soon as we got this house with all the tile. I don't know what I would do without it. The only thing I don't like is that I use it so much they only tend to last about 18 months before I have to buy a new one.

Love mine!!! I have laminate floors and I think it does a great job sucking up the water. I have had mine for two years now. I don't know what model it is though.

I sold mine in the classifieds. I found it to be too harsh on my hardwoods and put out WAY too much water on my hardwoods. I can see if you have a lot of tile, but it took too much time to do what I can get done with a dustmop in 5 minutes.

I think it's just alright. The water tank doesn't hold much water, so if you're trying to clean multiple floors you'll have to stop and empty everything and fill the water tank back up. The one I use, on linoleum, has poor suction and leaves streaks of water, which is downright annoying to me. I prefer just using the Swiffer Sweeper Wet, same results with less effort.

On the other hand, my coworker loves her Hoover Floormate, but that might just be because her husband is the one that cleans the floors, so she never has to touch the thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter