Getting OTU points for a waitlist

nfceagles

Mouseketeer
So I'd like to waitlist a stay that would require OTU points. As I understand it, I can't create a waitlist that would require OTU points. Can I make a reservation (any reservation really) that would require the necessary OTU points, purchase them, cancel that reservation, and then waitlist for the actual desired stay relying on those OTU points to secure it?

Yes, but if you don't get it, OTU points cannot be banked and expire with your UY.

So I'd like to waitlist a stay that would require OTU points. As I understand it, I can't create a waitlist that would require OTU points. Can I make a reservation (any reservation really) that would require the necessary OTU points, purchase them, cancel that reservation, and then waitlist for the actual desired stay relying on those OTU points to secure it?

Yes I've done this! As stated above just remember OTU points are only good in your UY, they cannot be banked if you end up booking something that requires less points. Also OTU points can only be used at the 7-month mark even at your home resort, something else to keep in mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter