Getting Old Sucks

Discussion in 'DIS Dads' started by mcjaco, Jul 13, 2018.

1. mcjaco

mcjaco Kelp!

So last Sunday, I was asked if I wanted to play basketball with some guys from the neighborhood. I hadn't played in almost ten years, but used to play all the time through my early thirties (I'm 43 now).

Short story, the very last game (I played four 15 minute games), I tore my right calf muscle and ruptured my right achilles tendon. I go in for surgery on Tuesday morning. As my banner shows, I have a WDW vacation planned in about two months. Doc says I'll be weight bearing by then, but wondering if any of you fine DisDads have had the same procedure, and how long your recovery was.

My wife is none to thrilled at the thought of needing a wheelchair or EVC for this trip.

Cinderella's Fella likes this.
  2. goalierich

goalierich DisDad Member #12

Sorry for the injury, but just to let you know it does not get any easier. I had not gone through the operation you are about to have, but I will say a prayer for successful surgery and quick healing. Take care.

3. rg35

rg35 DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about your injury. While I can't claim to have suffered anything so severe, I can relate to the "getting old sucks" part.
    I'm 41 and I still play softball on weekends. Even though I'm active (bike/swim/gym) 5-7 days a week, playing leaves me pretty sore for the remainder of that night and evening. I'm also dealing with physical therapy for biceps tendinitis and golfer's elbow, both which have limited what I can do at the gym.

I hope your surgery and recovery are a success, and I hope your wife becomes understanding of the need for a chair or ECV if warranted.