• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting fit & losing weight before our next 2015 Disney trip!

Hello lovely Wishers! I'd love to join the group, if you'll have me. :)

I started a health challenge at work with a group of colleagues, but I love DISboards and WISH and could use the extra motivation, so I thought I'd join you as well.

Jaye (fozziepitysthefool)
September 2015
Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare (DDD)
I would like to lose 40lbs by April 2015 and stick to my DDD training plan
Run 3x/week; Fit circuit 3x/week; Cycle 2x/week; Yoga 1x/Week :yay:
Will report on my progress on Wednesdays since that is when we report with my other group.

Cheers!

(I am heading to Disney for XMas 2014 and hope to be down 15-20lbs by then; but I will track that as part of my overall 2015 goal)

Jess, I hope your daughter is home now!

I have been eating TERRIBLY and doing about 2/3 of the workouts that I should be doing (Like 3-4 a week vs. 5-6 that I should be doing). I am sure I have gained this week. I will get back on the scale on Wednesday and face the music.

I ran last night with my DH. I have my lunch packed and it is pretty healthy. Dinner is going in the slow cooker.

Welcome to Jae! I like the name of your challenge! :)

I also haven't made the best food choices lately, but I had a good day today. I stuck to my healthy meal plan, and I walked 2 miles. My goals for tomorrow are to again stick to the meal plan, to increase my cardio, and to do 15 minutes of strength!

I had a 0.4-pound gain this past week. I would've rather seen the scale go the other way, but considering I was away at a conference for 3 days and then dog-sat away this weekend, I'll take it! Now, I'm just happy to finally be home and get back into a normal, healthy routine!

Have a great week, everyone!

Oh I'm in!
-krista is the name
-last trip was great but the feet were killin me! Lol and we plan on getting memory maker this next trip so it want to make the best of the pictures. I have a two year old and getting the baby weight off has been a struggle. Oh also, because at the pool on our recent trip a child told me I looked fat lol then proceeded to point out her mom 'over there' who isn't fat.

September 2015

Weight loss: 2.2/40 = 5.5%

Workouts: I did not have a great week for workouts last week... a sinus infection had me sidelined. I am all better now and hit the circuit machines and bicycle last night at the gym as planned. Tonight is the 'dreadmill' 5k of hills... yikes!

Nutrition: Did pretty good last week all things considered. I had to be careful because I couldn't really workout. I have planned my meals ahead to Sunday, so I should be doing alright. I'll have no excuses anyway!

Hope everyone is having a fab week! :woohoo:

Jaye

Welcome to the group!

Hello lovely Wishers! I'd love to join the group, if you'll have me. :)

I started a health challenge at work with a group of colleagues, but I love DISboards and WISH and could use the extra motivation, so I thought I'd join you as well.

September 2015
Will report on my progress on Wednesdays since that is when we report with my other group.

Cheers!

(I am heading to Disney for XMas 2014 and hope to be down 15-20lbs by then; but I will track that as part of my overall 2015 goal)

Welcome to the group!

Oh I'm in!
-krista is the name
-last trip was great but the feet were killin me! Lol and we plan on getting memory maker this next trip so it want to make the best of the pictures. I have a two year old and getting the baby weight off has been a struggle. Oh also, because at the pool on our recent trip a child told me I looked fat lol then proceeded to point out her mom 'over there' who isn't fat.

Hi there, I'm just checking in. I have been teetering on my 50% mark for about a week now. Some days I'm at 20lbs lost, others I'm back at 19lbs. So for now I'm leaving it at 19. I have a feeling I may have some work to do after this week. I'm stuck in training all week which mean no gym time or many walking breaks. My weight is still hanging in there, but i don't think I'll be able to push it firmly into the 20lbs loss until next week. I hope everyone else is doing well!

Cynister, glad you're doing well, and I'm sure you'll push past the 20-pound mark very soon!

Since I first reported on August 26th (1/60), I've gained 2 pounds and lost 1 pound. So right now, I'm 0/60 pounds lost. But I've had a good week, and I'm working out more and planning my meals more, and also tracking calories, so I think I'm on the right track.

My big hurdle this week will be my birthday on Saturday, but I'm building exercise in to counterbalance the extra calories I'm going to have. ;) I'm also going to buy a single serve cup of ice cream, since that's one of my big trigger foods, and I'll buy a single cupcake from Crumbs bakery (yum!), so I'm not tempted with leftover cake, brownies or cookies around here.

Hope everyone is having a great and healthy week! My birthday marks the countdown until my next WDW vacation, to celebrate the big 4-0 next September with Mickey and friends! :woohoo:

Oh ladies... I WAAAY overindulged last night. Was up half the night and I feel shattered this morning. :sick: And I was having such a good week too!! Here's to hoping I learned my lesson and am back (and will remain) on track.

So disappointed in myself. :sad2:

I hope everyone is having a better run at it this week! Keep up the good work! :thumbsup2

My big hurdle this week will be my birthday on Saturday, but I'm building exercise in to counterbalance the extra calories I'm going to have. ;) I'm also going to buy a single serve cup of ice cream, since that's one of my big trigger foods, and I'll buy a single cupcake from Crumbs bakery (yum!), so I'm not tempted with leftover cake, brownies or cookies around here.

Happy birthday dreamseeker9!! I wish you much fairy dust! :bday:party:

And I envy you your discipline... sounds like a great plan and you'll still be able to enjoy yourself! :thumbsup2

Happy birthday dreamseeker9!! I wish you much fairy dust! :bday:party:

And I envy you your discipline... sounds like a great plan and you'll still be able to enjoy yourself! :thumbsup2

Thank you! I love your name, BTW! :thumbsup2

Don't beat yourself up, we have all been there. I chose to have 2 drinks with a coworker last night instead of exercising. But I'll take a long power walk today. I hope you have a great weekend and can feel good again! Hang in there! :goodvibes

Oh I'm in!
-krista is the name

I have gained a few pounds. I am just not working it. I am working out more like 4 times a week instead of 5 and just eating whatever. And I have got to...it's one thing to have a few pounds to lose, but obesity is not going to cut it for my future.

Saw a lot of pictures of me when I was young (some I was 17, so that's not fair, but some when my first son was one year old, so I had lost baby weight).

I am going to bite the bullet and sign up for WW online and start counting points again.

You can do it!!! It's so hard to get everything right. I sometimes feel that unless I'm 100% perfect, I won't see my weight drop. I'm trying to focus on some non-scale victories, like feeling my core become stronger and my stomach pull in more. But I also know that I haven't been doing enough strength exercises, and I overdid it this weekend on calories. Granted, it was my birthday on Saturday, but still... the goal is to lose for my birthday celebration next September in WDW! I did take a 2-hour walk in the park on Saturday, so that helped some. I think I do better on weekdays when I have my meals planned, and I'm busy with work, so I don't stray as much from my meal plan.

Hi everyone! I'd love to join. We are tentatively planning a DL trip in Oct 2015. I'm so jealous of those who can go more than once in a year!

-Corinne
-October???
-Lose the last 20 pounds that won't come off
-Eat well, eliminate gluten, dairy and sugar. this is hard for me. I love food. but these things make me feel awful. gluten and dairy make me feel sick and out of it. Sugar breaks me out like crazy. I just cant keep doing this to myself. I have 20 pounds left, but since I can't get my eating under control, the weight hasn't budged in like 2 years now. I have vowed over and over again to eat well but a cheat meal turns into a cheat day, then into a cheat couple of days, and then oh well, I'll restart the diet next week.
I have started walking each day, and doing more yoga and pilates in the evening. I just really need support to keep my diet in check

Hi Everyone...I'd love to join, too. I've taken some time time to read everyone's introduction posts, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. Support and accountability are important!

--I'm going by Butterfly. :)
--We have a trip planned for late June/early July to Disneyland.
--My reasons are to feel comfortable with myself and to stay as healthy as possible.
--I'm doing WW Online and counting points. I have a Fitbit and try to hit 10,000 steps a day. I need to add in some weights, too.
--I've hit my first goal of 160 after losing 17 pounds, but this morning was 161. I'd like to get down to 155 to give myself a buffer, so when I fluctuate a little I don't get discouraged that I'm over goal.

I see some others are doing WW, too. I've had good success with them in the past, so that's what I'm doing now, too. I struggle with balance...I rejoined in April and lost the 17lbs, but I feel like I am stalling, and the motivation to keep going is lagging. I am excited to have a place to check in to help hold me accountable! Let's be each others cheerleaders! :cheer2:

Welcome, corinne and Butterfly! :wave2:

I'll be going to Anaheim next June for a conference, and I'll definitely spend some time at Disneyland then. I've only been once before, I'm so excited to go again!

Butterfly, congrats on your weight loss so far. You can do 15 more pounds, no problem! :thumbsup2

corinne, I'm almost 100% gluten-free. I do feel better not eating it. I can relate, though, to a cheat meal turning into a cheat day and more. Only 20 pounds left, you can do it!

I got a FitBit for my birthday on Saturday. I really like it. It is motivating, to see how many steps I've taken and how close I am to 10,000 steps - it helped me work out longer tonight. I feel like my momentum is just getting going, now is a really critical time for me to focus my efforts on eating healthy and moving. I have 96 pounds I want to lose, but my first goal is to lose 17 pounds by Thanksgiving. This time last year, I really focused and lost 14 pounds in 10 weeks, so I think I can lose 17 pounds by Thanksgiving this year. :)

I'll be going to Anaheim next June for a conference, and I'll definitely spend some time at Disneyland then. I've only been once before, I'm so excited to go again!

Butterfly, congrats on your weight loss so far. You can do 15 more pounds, no problem! :thumbsup2

corinne, I'm almost 100% gluten-free. I do feel better not eating it. I can relate, though, to a cheat meal turning into a cheat day and more. Only 20 pounds left, you can do it!

I got a FitBit for my birthday on Saturday. I really like it. It is motivating, to see how many steps I've taken and how close I am to 10,000 steps - it helped me work out longer tonight. I feel like my momentum is just getting going, now is a really critical time for me to focus my efforts on eating healthy and moving. I have 96 pounds I want to lose, but my first goal is to lose 17 pounds by Thanksgiving. This time last year, I really focused and lost 14 pounds in 10 weeks, so I think I can lose 17 pounds by Thanksgiving this year. :)

thanks for the encouragement. This 20 pounds is hounding me! I wish I could say it's baby weight, but the baby is now 3. I find dropping it is easier when I eliminate grains and sugars, but then i give in and quit. But then I feel bad and it's a horrible cycle. :sad2:
I will check in here to help me stay on track with my eating.

Happy belated bday by the way! and yay for a new Fitbit! I've heard great things about them

Amanda, I think you'll love your new Fitbit. I've had mine about three years now...I started with the Ultra, which they don't even make anymore!

It sounds like you have a good plan in place to make your Thanksgiving goal!

Oh, and happy birthday!!!

I have vowed over and over again to eat well but a cheat meal turns into a cheat day, then into a cheat couple of days, and then oh well, I'll restart the diet next week.

I think you are keeping good company with that one! ;) I hope you find motivation and support with our little group.

Welcome!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter