• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting fit & losing weight before our next 2015 Disney trip!

You are doing great, Jess! You are already increasing your distance. That is excellent progress! Congrats on the 2lbs loss! I agree, don't worry about the food quite yet. Sure, keep in the back of your mind to choose healthier options if you have a choice. Add in more low-fat items in place of full fat, cut out sodas, etc. But overall, don't do major food changes until you get the walking routine solidified. Take it as steps up the mountain, 1 at a time.

Speaking of which, ok everyone...roll call check-in!

What's everyone's update on the progress toward their goal for this week?

I'm at 17lbs loss now.

Took another step up the mountain today and walked 1.51 mi. That puts me at 4.3 miles so far this week and my goal was to complete 5 miles before Monday. Yay! Tomorrow morning, I'm going back to the trail or possibly hiking on a trail at a state park that's close by. I didn't walk with the bestie today, her hour-long lunch got cut short, so I just went around the neighborhood. She will be going with me tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it!

You're doing great, Jess! Keep it up. You should be proud, you are meeting your goal for this week!

I need to get serious again :) So I am going to join if that is okay with everyone.

-Jessica
-Trip date: June 19, 2015
-The reason for the trip is that I have a need to take my children before they turn 3. My first son's first trip was during his 3rd birthday week. I suddenly got pregnant with twins! I have used this dream of taking them to WDW to get me through a terrible pregnancy and terrible infancy :rotfl2: (It wasn't that terrible, everyone is healthy and thriving, but I haven't slept in about 3 years)
-The reason for the weight loss is that I gained WAY too much weight with the twins. I had lost 25 lbs or so before I got pregnant (I have always struggled with weight but always been able to lose quickly and never got above 200 lbs) and then BAM gained around 100 lbs. So my goal is to lose 100 lbs from 9/11/12. Not sure if we should count progress I have made in the last 2 years (it has been slow and uneven, but I have tried at times) or if we want to start from today.
I am down 70.4/100 lbs from 9/11/12 (my twins were born on the 12th)
From today, I have 29.6 left to lose to reach the 100 lb mark
The 100 lb mark is also significant because that is also really close to being just "overweight" instead of "obese." I will also be able to fit into my capris, shorts, and Disney shirts at that weight since that will be around where I was when we went to Disney in 2011 and 2009.
After that, I would still like to lose about 27 lbs to be a healthy weight
[I am trying to be realistic with the 29.6 lb goal as well. I am tired of setting my goals too high, Biggest Loser style, and then not achieving them and beating myself up].
So, after saying all that, let's do my progress as 0/29.6 for these purposes.
-Approach: Exercise 5 times/week for at least 40 minute sessions (at least twice weights and at least twice cardio, the other session can be either or yoga or something) and get back to doing Simply Filling on Weight Watchers
-Progress: I ran yesterday even though it was late (around 8:30 pm). I guess I should add that I used to run before the twins. I did some 5Ks and 10Ks. After the twins, I have done C25K twice with the app on my phone. I know walk 5 minutes, run 30, walk 5. I think I usually get 2.5 miles total or something like that with this plan. I haven't tracked distance the last few times. I am such a nerd that I listened to a DIS Unplugged podcast while I ran :rotfl2:
I also ate Simply Filling yesterday. I have packed my lunch for today all Simply Filling foods. I spent a good deal of time Monday night cooking or prepping food that I could have ready (I work full-time temporarily).

Jess
Hoping to have a date soon. My daughter is a wish kid and asked to meet all of the princesses! We asked for Feb, Mar or April of 2015.
Disney is just my short term goal for weight loss.
My husband is also overweight and we plan on following DDP Yoga program together. I'd also like to put in at least 9 miles a week walking/jogging.
My goal is to look noticeably smaller in trip photos, to be more comfortable. I've gotten to the point where I am uncomfortable in my own skin.
If I were to put a number on it, I'd say 50lbs for a start and eventually another 50 off to be at my ultimate goal of a healthy weight for my frame.
Thanks for starting this!

MamaMouse to C (DD, 3, wish kid) and Z (DS, 3)

Another twin momma! :hug:

I need to get serious again :) So I am going to join if that is okay with everyone.

-Jessica
-Trip date: June 19, 2015
-The reason for the trip is that I have a need to take my children before they turn 3. My first son's first trip was during his 3rd birthday week. I suddenly got pregnant with twins! I have used this dream of taking them to WDW to get me through a terrible pregnancy and terrible infancy :rotfl2: (It wasn't that terrible, everyone is healthy and thriving, but I haven't slept in about 3 years)
-The reason for the weight loss is that I gained WAY too much weight with the twins. I had lost 25 lbs or so before I got pregnant (I have always struggled with weight but always been able to lose quickly and never got above 200 lbs) and then BAM gained around 100 lbs. So my goal is to lose 100 lbs from 9/11/12. Not sure if we should count progress I have made in the last 2 years (it has been slow and uneven, but I have tried at times) or if we want to start from today.
I am down 70.4/100 lbs from 9/11/12 (my twins were born on the 12th)
From today, I have 29.6 left to lose to reach the 100 lb mark
The 100 lb mark is also significant because that is also really close to being just "overweight" instead of "obese." I will also be able to fit into my capris, shorts, and Disney shirts at that weight since that will be around where I was when we went to Disney in 2011 and 2009.
After that, I would still like to lose about 27 lbs to be a healthy weight
[I am trying to be realistic with the 29.6 lb goal as well. I am tired of setting my goals too high, Biggest Loser style, and then not achieving them and beating myself up].
So, after saying all that, let's do my progress as 0/29.6 for these purposes.
-Approach: Exercise 5 times/week for at least 40 minute sessions (at least twice weights and at least twice cardio, the other session can be either or yoga or something) and get back to doing Simply Filling on Weight Watchers
-Progress: I ran yesterday even though it was late (around 8:30 pm). I guess I should add that I used to run before the twins. I did some 5Ks and 10Ks. After the twins, I have done C25K twice with the app on my phone. I know walk 5 minutes, run 30, walk 5. I think I usually get 2.5 miles total or something like that with this plan. I haven't tracked distance the last few times. I am such a nerd that I listened to a DIS Unplugged podcast while I ran :rotfl2:
I also ate Simply Filling yesterday. I have packed my lunch for today all Simply Filling foods. I spent a good deal of time Monday night cooking or prepping food that I could have ready (I work full-time temporarily).

Hi there, Jessica! :wave2: Welcome to the group! Your plan sounds like a good one! Keep it up!

I'm checking in for this week. I had 2 days of low walking numbers & didn't make it to the gym this week so I wasn't too pleased. However, the stars aligned somehow & my consistent exercise must have helped carry it over to make up for it because I'm now at a 19lbs loss which is 1 lb away from the 1/2 way mark. I'm very excited! It is very motivating!

:cool1:
I'm checking in for this week. I had 2 days of low walking numbers & didn't make it to the gym this week so I wasn't too pleased. However, the stars aligned somehow & my consistent exercise must have helped carry it over to make up for it because I'm now at a 19lbs loss which is 1 lb away from the 1/2 way mark. I'm very excited! It is very motivating!

:cool1:

Welcome to Julie and Jessica!

Cynister, that's great - congrats!!! :cool1:

I struggled last week after being with friends at the beach over Labor Day weekend. I got in some good activity, and I ate relatively healthy, but they are hard-core partiers, and alcohol is not good for my fat cells! :rolleyes: My next challenges are this weekend, a 3-day trip to Puerto Rico, then a 3-day conference next week. I always struggle at conferences - lots of receptions with unhealthy foods and alcohol, late nights, little sleep, and stuck at a hotel without a car. This hotel in particular is horrible, the one restaurant on site is pathetic. So I'll bring what I can on the plane and do the best I can, and also get up early the 2 mornings I'm there to get in some good exercise.

Amanda, make a new temporary routine for these weekends & you'll be able to even out the unhealthy food 'damage' a bit. Fit 15 minute walks in between seminars, walk the floors of your hotel if you have to. If it has a gym, use the treadmill if you can. When you go to Puerto Rico, walk the beach every day!

Hope you don't mind if I join along. I've been trying to do it on my own for a while now, and the support of a group would be nice. :)

- Victoria
- September 2015 Disney Cruise
- My number one reason is I want to feel comfortable in pictures again. I have had very few photos taken of me in the past 3 years, because I hate the way I look. DH and I will be taking a cruise for our anniversary, and I'd like to weigh my pre-wedding weight.
- All the progress I've had to date is through WW, but I want to start trying to add exercise in as well, now that the losses have started to slow down. I'd like to use my exercise bike for at least 20 min 4x a week.
- 35/60 lbs

Checking in!
Hi Jessica! Same name and we both have twins! We are pretty cool chicks!
I have been walking, but not as much as I should.
It's been busy around here, celebrating birthdays in our family and with my daughter's appointments.
Today, I did a light jog anytime I was going downhill. It felt great and I think it's almost time to start using couch to 5k app again! I have been trying to drink more water and eat smaller portions than I normally would. My scale is not working. It is giving me an error message. Bummer.
Anyway, hope everyone has a great week and stays focused!

Down a whooping 0.4 lbs. So that brings me to 70.8/100 of my total goal or 0.4/29.6 goal for this challenge.

My exercise is going well. For weights/strength, I did P90X and Ab Ripper X one day, Rushfit video one day, and Power 90 UML one day. I ran (5 minute walk, 30 minute job, 5 minute walk) twice. I didn't exercise Thursday or Tuesday as I had evening activities with the kids.

My food is not going as well. I haven't been gorging myself, but just not careful enough. My biggest problem is planning. I think Simply Filling is a good plan for me as I like Weight Watchers, but counting points was hard. The hard part about Simply Filling is that there are not a lot of convenience foods that you can eat, and this is difficult with working full-time. I may have to go back to counting points. My twins' birthday is Friday, so it will be another challenging weekend. I have also been weaning the twins (they only nurse once a day now), and I will completely stop by this weekend (their 2nd birthday)...so I don't know how my body is adjusting to that.

Checking in!
Hi Jessica! Same name and we both have twins! We are pretty cool chicks!
I have been walking, but not as much as I should.
It's been busy around here, celebrating birthdays in our family and with my daughter's appointments.
Today, I did a light jog anytime I was going downhill. It felt great and I think it's almost time to start using couch to 5k app again! I have been trying to drink more water and eat smaller portions than I normally would. My scale is not working. It is giving me an error message. Bummer.
Anyway, hope everyone has a great week and stays focused!

I love C25K!

Amanda, make a new temporary routine for these weekends & you'll be able to even out the unhealthy food 'damage' a bit. Fit 15 minute walks in between seminars, walk the floors of your hotel if you have to. If it has a gym, use the treadmill if you can. When you go to Puerto Rico, walk the beach every day!

Thanks! Yes, I'm going to fit in physical activity wherever I can. I'll definitely be bringing my bathing suit and sneakers on both trips! I'm excited to walk the beach and swim in the Caribbean! :)

Hey all!! Hope I can jump in!!!

I have a May 2015 trip (pending job circumstances) that I am hoping to lose weight for.

I went on a trip in 2011 when I was at a great weight, I had lost about 40 lbs and my goal was to lose about 15 lbs more. Instead, over the course of the past few years Ive only gained, and then some! :furious: Very upset with myself. But, I can't wish the weight away so I am starting again.

Realization came last week when I went to put on a pair of shoes I haven't worn in about 2 years and I couldn't get them on!! That's right, my feet had gained weight! So, I am getting myself back into shape, back to my Jillian Michaels DVDs, back to weight watchers, and this week I've already worked out 4x. I'm hoping to make it a regular task of working out 4-5x a week (instead of at random or at 0 :rotfl2:) I have a wedding I am in (officiating but still wearing the dreaded bridesmaid dress) in early January. I'm hoping I can get a good amount off in the next few months, so I won't completely dislike every picture I am in, and keep the momentum going for my trip!

Yikes I've missed out on some posts! Welcome Victoria & Danielle!

Victoria, I hear you with the pictures. That's a big goal of mine too!

Danielle, when are you going in May? That's when I'm going! What should I set as your goal & progress currently?

Hey girls!
My daughter has been in and out of the hospital for the past week so I haven't been walking or eating very well (not by choice!). She is getting discharged this afternoon so hopefully I can start back tomorrow and get back on track. Missed my sweaty walks and reading your updates! Ready to get back to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter