Getting fit & losing weight before our next 2015 Disney trip!

I wish you luck on your journey. Hope to see you back here to work towards our next goals together!

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on in a while. A lot of things going on at work (restructuring departments etc) so lots of extra time at work. Unfortunately, that translates into even more hours sitting in a chair and less time focusing on my weight loss/health and back to all convenient foods. Things are still a little hectic but calming down. We have changed our trip to Nov of this year so a month less. Yikes! now I feel in a panic about the weight. I've stayed about the same weight so I have six months to lose 100 pounds. I haven't read back through all the posts to catch up but wanted to say hello and jump back in.

It's been a week since I signed up on this thread...2 more pounds down, so I hit my 10% mark! Love those smaller goals to keep motivated!!! I've lost 6/50 pounds now. We've been walking am minimum of 2.5 miles every day that's possible. We missed one day the past week due to rain/storms. I just can't seem to cut out the chips or the candy, but instead, I've gotten the 1 oz variety bag of chips, so I limit myself to one of those per day (much better than sitting down with a big bag), and instead of full size candy or bags of candy, I bought the fun size and allow myself 2 per day. It's enough to curb the craving and not feel guilty. I just made a pot of soup last night that was absolutely DELICIOUS and only 100 calories per bowl (full bowl), so my plan is to make my own soup every week. For one it's simple and I control the sodium (virtually none). I feel good about this!

It's been a week since I signed up on this thread...2 more pounds down, so I hit my 10% mark! Love those smaller goals to keep motivated!!! I've lost 6/50 pounds now. We've been walking am minimum of 2.5 miles every day that's possible. We missed one day the past week due to rain/storms. I just can't seem to cut out the chips or the candy, but instead, I've gotten the 1 oz variety bag of chips, so I limit myself to one of those per day (much better than sitting down with a big bag), and instead of full size candy or bags of candy, I bought the fun size and allow myself 2 per day. It's enough to curb the craving and not feel guilty. I just made a pot of soup last night that was absolutely DELICIOUS and only 100 calories per bowl (full bowl), so my plan is to make my own soup every week. For one it's simple and I control the sodium (virtually none). I feel good about this!

Awesome job! Small goals really help me too :) Have you heard of or tried the Leslie Sansone walk at home videos? I live in AK and have three little kids so getting out for walks in the winter doesn't always happen with our weather & short days. When I got my FitBit a couple years ago and realized how little I walked at home all day, I did a YouTube search for walking videos and discovered Leslie's stuff. It can be a bit cheesy, but they are a great way to get some steps or "miles" in when you can't get outside and I love the variety. It isn't the same as a gorgeous walk outside, but it really helps me out when getting outside isn't as possible :)

Cutting back on the portion sizes of treats you love is a really good idea. I do the same, I have horrible will power to ration out large amounts of chips and candy in moderation. It's amazing how fast I can eat through junk food if it's in my house.

Keep up the great work!

Checking in as well! Our trip is SO close! I'm feeling really good about how I look & feel overall, I still have no idea how much I weigh but I'd guess I've lost around 30lbs since the beginning of the year (based on what I typically weigh at this size, but I feel more muscular so I wouldn't be surprised if the loss wasn't as big). Inches wise I'm down a bunch, especially in my torso. My arms & thighs are finally getting smaller, they've been getting stronger over the past few months but hardly any change in measurement. I wasn't a fan of how my clothes were fitting (tight in the thighs & arms, but a great fit everywhere else) so I'm very excited about that.

In my last week and a half-ish of my hybrid, but I'll definitely extend it out the last week before we go. When I made the workout calendar I had it end the week before we left so I had a bit of a buffer if I got sick or injured and needed to take multiple days off in a row. I'll probably pick my top 6 or 7 favorite workouts from both programs and do one each day. I'm also doubling up with 21 Day Fix workouts for a little extra and that's going really well. I wasn't sure if I could fit in another workout or if it was going to be too much but so far, so good.

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on in a while. A lot of things going on at work (restructuring departments etc) so lots of extra time at work. Unfortunately, that translates into even more hours sitting in a chair and less time focusing on my weight loss/health and back to all convenient foods. Things are still a little hectic but calming down. We have changed our trip to Nov of this year so a month less. Yikes! now I feel in a panic about the weight. I've stayed about the same weight so I have six months to lose 100 pounds. I haven't read back through all the posts to catch up but wanted to say hello and jump back in.

Welcome back!

Congrats on the loss! We do homemade soup a lot too. I found a recipe for shrimp soup that's only about 60 calories a bowl!

Checking in as well! Our trip is SO close! I'm feeling really good about how I look & feel overall, I still have no idea how much I weigh but I'd guess I've lost around 30lbs since the beginning of the year (based on what I typically weigh at this size, but I feel more muscular so I wouldn't be surprised if the loss wasn't as big). Inches wise I'm down a bunch, especially in my torso. My arms & thighs are finally getting smaller, they've been getting stronger over the past few months but hardly any change in measurement. I wasn't a fan of how my clothes were fitting (tight in the thighs & arms, but a great fit everywhere else) so I'm very excited about that.

In my last week and a half-ish of my hybrid, but I'll definitely extend it out the last week before we go. When I made the workout calendar I had it end the week before we left so I had a bit of a buffer if I got sick or injured and needed to take multiple days off in a row. I'll probably pick my top 6 or 7 favorite workouts from both programs and do one each day. I'm also doubling up with 21 Day Fix workouts for a little extra and that's going really well. I wasn't sure if I could fit in another workout or if it was going to be too much but so far, so good.

Great job with 21 Day Fix! I'm on day 4 of Extreme & so far I like it. It isn't as intense as T25 though so I'm wondering if I'm going to stall on the weight loss before my trip in a few weeks.

Great job with 21 Day Fix! I'm on day 4 of Extreme & so far I like it. It isn't as intense as T25 though so I'm wondering if I'm going to stall on the weight loss before my trip in a few weeks.

Thanks! I'm doing the Extreme as well (keep forgetting to add that in, so used to saying 21 Day Fix now!) I bought it to have for after our trip and it showed up right before we hit the 21 day mark so I thought it was good timing and I'd try adding it in since the workouts are short and have a big variety :) I do agree that it isn't as intense as T25, though a few of the resistance band moves in the Pilates Fix got me dropping some choice words and taking extra breaks to figure out what the heck I was doing :P

Are you following the 21DFX meal plan or just doing the workouts? I decided to skip the meal plan for now and just keep eating on the mostly clean, but room for indulgences here and there plan I've (mostly) stuck to. Partially because I worry about what my tummy might think if I go hardcore clean eating for 3 weeks and then bombard it with In & Out and Disney foods. I did a good 5 weeks of entirely clean eating earlier this year and then had a pasta dinner from a local Italian place with my husband on Valentine's Day and it just did not sit well and I felt off for a few days. I've felt much better keeping a bit of moderation in so when I do want to enjoy a special meal or treats, I don't feel nearly so awful. Haha!

Thanks! I'm doing the Extreme as well (keep forgetting to add that in, so used to saying 21 Day Fix now!) I bought it to have for after our trip and it showed up right before we hit the 21 day mark so I thought it was good timing and I'd try adding it in since the workouts are short and have a big variety :) I do agree that it isn't as intense as T25, though a few of the resistance band moves in the Pilates Fix got me dropping some choice words and taking extra breaks to figure out what the heck I was doing :P

Are you following the 21DFX meal plan or just doing the workouts? I decided to skip the meal plan for now and just keep eating on the mostly clean, but room for indulgences here and there plan I've (mostly) stuck to. Partially because I worry about what my tummy might think if I go hardcore clean eating for 3 weeks and then bombard it with In & Out and Disney foods. I did a good 5 weeks of entirely clean eating earlier this year and then had a pasta dinner from a local Italian place with my husband on Valentine's Day and it just did not sit well and I felt off for a few days. I've felt much better keeping a bit of moderation in so when I do want to enjoy a special meal or treats, I don't feel nearly so awful. Haha!

Yep, sounds like me. I'm not doing the meal plan either. I'm eating healthy with a restricted calorie count, that's good in my eyes. I'm focusing on "maintainable" instead of quick diet. I'm worried about how much I'm going to gain on vaca. I know I won't go crazy but I'm not going to only eat salad.

Yep, sounds like me. I'm not doing the meal plan either. I'm eating healthy with a restricted calorie count, that's good in my eyes. I'm focusing on "maintainable" instead of quick diet. I'm worried about how much I'm going to gain on vaca. I know I won't go crazy but I'm not going to only eat salad.

Agreed! My biggest "rule" for myself is that I want to lose weight eating the foods I plan to maintain weight on. I'm hoping to not gain too much, I know there will undoubtedly be a good water weight gain. I'm hoping to keep a decent balance between healthy choices & not so healthy choices, but I'm just going to admit to myself now that the latter will probably be the bigger percent of said balance ;-)

Momtohms, by your ticker it looks like you are arriving the day before we leave. Are you going to SWW?

I am back, life got crazy and I fell off the wagon working 16 -18 hour days and gained back the weight I had lost, however as of this morning (I have been back to tracking for two weeks now) I am back down to my 11 lost that is on this page and ready to work at it again. I had stopped exercising and thought that I could do it myself with portions, but all those little things added up and well here I am again admitting failure, but I am going to get back on this and try again with a few lessons learned :)

By the way who on here does my fitness pal? I would like some more Disney friends. If anyone is interested just post your username and I will add you.

I am back, life got crazy and I fell off the wagon working 16 -18 hour days and gained back the weight I had lost, however as of this morning (I have been back to tracking for two weeks now) I am back down to my 11 lost that is on this page and ready to work at it again. I had stopped exercising and thought that I could do it myself with portions, but all those little things added up and well here I am again admitting failure, but I am going to get back on this and try again with a few lessons learned :)

By the way who on here does my fitness pal? I would like some more Disney friends. If anyone is interested just post your username and I will add you.

:wave:Hi finny! Don't be down about the bump in the road. It was just a bump. What's important is how you move forward. I too had thought I could do it with portion control but found out the hard way. It's funny, you know what everyone says works but somehow in your mind we think we'll be an exception to the rule. Congratulations on the loss now, that's huge in just a few weeks! I use Myfitnesspal. I don't generally look around on it though, only use the tracking app on my phone. Maybe there should be a Disney group on there. :)

Momtohms, by your ticker it looks like you are arriving the day before we leave. Are you going to SWW?

We'll be on the other coast at Disneyland, actually. I know my ticker image has the wrong castle, but I liked the graphic best. Ha! So no SWW, but we'll be at DL for the first week of the 60th anniversary stuff so that should be fun :) Hoping to get down to WDW when the kiddos are a bit older and can handle a longer plane ride (we live up in Alaska!) :)

We'll be on the other coast at Disneyland, actually. I know my ticker image has the wrong castle, but I liked the graphic best. Ha! So no SWW, but we'll be at DL for the first week of the 60th anniversary stuff so that should be fun :) Hoping to get down to WDW when the kiddos are a bit older and can handle a longer plane ride (we live up in Alaska!) :)

Ah, take a ride on the Matterhorn for me! That was my favorite ride when I went there many years ago.

Alaska must be beautiful. It's on my bucket list to do the cruise to see it.

Checking in for this week...No lbs loss to report :( I've done 7 days straight of 21 Day Fix Extreme & nothing> *sigh* I am sore & tired, but I was hoping exercising everyday would make me see a little something. So for now I'm still at 38lbs loss.

Ah, take a ride on the Matterhorn for me! That was my favorite ride when I went there many years ago.

Alaska must be beautiful. It's on my bucket list to do the cruise to see it.

Checking in for this week...No lbs loss to report :( I've done 7 days straight of 21 Day Fix Extreme & nothing> *sigh* I am sore & tired, but I was hoping exercising everyday would make me see a little something. So for now I'm still at 38lbs loss.

Will Do! I haven't been since 2002, so it has been quite awhile for me as well but I remember really liking the Matterhorn :)

It is very beautiful up here, though the winters can be a bit much (though I'm not a huge cold weather person). We live in Anchorage, but I'd love to do a cruise of the more southwestern parts of the state (Juneau, Sitka, etc.) someday! It is definitely a great way to see that area, and the perks of being on a cruise sound like a nice bonus.

I've been doubling up 21DFX with the rest of my PiYo/T25 hybrid for the past week and a half or so. I think it's helping, I feel a bit more firm and toned! Sadly, I realized the protein bars I was eating were causing me to bloat really badly. I'm kind of bummed but it's probably for the best as they're pricey and processed. But still, they're good! Darn! Lol!

Checking in! Since last Wednesday, I've lost 2 more pounds, so I'm at 8/50. I have 24 more weeks to go, with 42 pound until my goal. That's still putting me at an average of between 1.75 pounds per week. I'm starting to wonder if I set my goal too high. I hate failing... I've had people tell me it's too big of a goal and saying I'll have a hard time reaching it. Kind of puts a downer on things :(

Anyway, since last Wednesday, I've walked every day besides 2 (nasty weather). So 4 of the 7 days, I walked 5 miles, and 3 of the 7 days I walked between 2.5-3 miles. My BP was checked yesterday. 110/62. I couldn't be happier! Although I'm still on meds, it's still going in the right direction. Before I was put on meds, my BP was at 160/110. :scared: After meds took effect, it was sitting about 118/82 most of the time (or thereabouts). They told me if the top number drops below 100, they'll start decreasing my meds. I'm also starting to notice a difference in how my clothes fit, and just how I feel in general. I've had others tell me they can notice I'm losing weight. How they can tell with only 8 pounds, I don't know! LOL

Long story short, I'm on my way. Might not be as fast as I want it, but I'm working at it. I've gone from being afraid of what people think of me when they see me walking around town...to not really caring what they think and knowing that I'm lapping most of them as they sit on their front porch watching me walk by. I have realized that these walking shoes I have will DEFINITELY need replaced before WDW though and DH and I just said yesterday that at least we won't hurt so bad at the end of the day from walking at the parks! ;)

Side note: I love having this support & accountability here! Thank you! :flower3:

Well I lost 3 pounds this week, however because of a little weight I had gained back a few weeks back I am now at a 12 pound loss overall. So according to page one it is a 1 pound additional loss. I really wish I hadn't lost my motivation and gained back 6 pounds, but now I am officially rid of that plus a pound. :)

Checking in early because I just need to share. I hit my goal today! 40lbs lost! I'm off to Disney in about a week so I'll be setting a new goal once I'm back. I'll be targeting the deadline as my next trip in December.

:cool1::banana::dancer: Celebratory dance party! Congrats! Have a wonderful time on your trip :)

Checking in! Since last Wednesday, I've lost 2 more pounds, so I'm at 8/50. I have 24 more weeks to go, with 42 pound until my goal. That's still putting me at an average of between 1.75 pounds per week. I'm starting to wonder if I set my goal too high. I hate failing... I've had people tell me it's too big of a goal and saying I'll have a hard time reaching it. Kind of puts a downer on things :(

Anyway, since last Wednesday, I've walked every day besides 2 (nasty weather). So 4 of the 7 days, I walked 5 miles, and 3 of the 7 days I walked between 2.5-3 miles. My BP was checked yesterday. 110/62. I couldn't be happier! Although I'm still on meds, it's still going in the right direction. Before I was put on meds, my BP was at 160/110. :scared: After meds took effect, it was sitting about 118/82 most of the time (or thereabouts). They told me if the top number drops below 100, they'll start decreasing my meds. I'm also starting to notice a difference in how my clothes fit, and just how I feel in general. I've had others tell me they can notice I'm losing weight. How they can tell with only 8 pounds, I don't know! LOL

Long story short, I'm on my way. Might not be as fast as I want it, but I'm working at it. I've gone from being afraid of what people think of me when they see me walking around town...to not really caring what they think and knowing that I'm lapping most of them as they sit on their front porch watching me walk by. I have realized that these walking shoes I have will DEFINITELY need replaced before WDW though and DH and I just said yesterday that at least we won't hurt so bad at the end of the day from walking at the parks! ;)

Side note: I love having this support & accountability here! Thank you! :flower3:

How much more do you have to lost, how much time do you have to lose it in, & what/how much exercise are you doing per week? I can try to help give you a realistic check on if it can be done if you'd like.

Nice job on the mind shift to not care about people watching you walking around. That's exactly where you have to get your mind at. I had a bunch of people giving me looks & talking about me as I did laps inside my building at work all winter. Whatever, I'm DOING something. Try Sketchers Go Walk or Go Walk 3. VERY comfortable.

Well I lost 3 pounds this week, however because of a little weight I had gained back a few weeks back I am now at a 12 pound loss overall. So according to page one it is a 1 pound additional loss. I really wish I hadn't lost my motivation and gained back 6 pounds, but now I am officially rid of that plus a pound. :)

Everyone has the hiccup. I had mine in January. The point to concentrate on is that you corrected & got back on track. That's what makes the difference.

:cool1::banana::dancer: Celebratory dance party! Congrats! Have a wonderful time on your trip :)

Thank you! Can't wait to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter