Getting "fit" for WDW??

DisneyBee

Mouseketeer
I'd like to hear how other families physically prepare for WDW. We're planning a trip in Jan/2002, I'm trying to decide what we need to do to be ready for all that walking. Thanks!

:rolleyes:

GET good shoes! 2 pair,so you can trade off!!! wear them for 3 to 4 months before you leave. I bought Curcuit sandles by Teva, 3 weeks before we left. They were like walking on clouds,which was weird,since I'm use to a thud with each step.But they were too new and rubbed a sore on my ankle bone. SO, get those shoes broken in. The kids,too.

Do endurence walking. YOU don't just walk around the park[in one circle] you walk 3/4 of the one way, then back to do your fastpass, then back to what you were doing,then someone will want to cross to the furthest edge to do their favorite one more time. and when you think your done,It's a mile from the ticket stile's to the front of the parks to catch the tram's, then another long walk to the car.

And get those arms in shape for pushing, you didn't mention your childrens ages,But we saw children as old as ten riding in the big double stollers,with younger siblings. it's best to prepare for it. After running their sox off,THEY get CRANKY. And it's not just the walking!!! the heat and humidity are oppressive!!! And after swimming our DD got swimmers ear,and needed to be pushed in a wheelchair for 2 days.

Now,before that endurence walk drink 2 gallons of water,and 2 big cokes. You will need to strengthen those muscules too,Bathrooms are not in convient areas.

Don't forget to strap on ten pounds of extra weight,to simulate the fanny pack you will need to wear,plus all the kids suveniers,hats,sun screen,wet rain pounchos,water bottles[you can't drink the water in the parks,it's full of sulfer]and cokes,and ice creams you will be juggling!

All the guide books tell you to go LEFT!!
You better practice walking to your LEFT!! Everything in Florida is on the LEFT,practice your Left turns in the car too!!!

You Had better have Family whine practices. So you can steel yourself to the sound your husband whining and the kids whines will go up 2 octives. But don't forget that you will be a whiner,too,so you must practice!!

Snorers will need surgery before you go!! Remember you will be sharing one room[more or less] and after a day in the parks. You will need a full nights rest!!!

Start now telling your no for no appearent reason! this will become clear when you are in the parks.

Start the kids saving all the change in yours and Dad's pockets, this will be training for all the money the kids will drain from your your pockets in the the Magic Kingdom!!

Have a Magical Time!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

tink.gif

Thanks - I needed a good laugh! However, I'm sure you're right about everything you said, and I'll certainly heed your advice. I have one nine year old, and he already has the market cornered on whining so that's something I won't have to practice getting used to!

I'm sure we'll have a delightful and magical time - really, we will!!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

to mention is put everyone on a heath maintaince program,to asure they leave all evil illness bugs at home. WE spent 2 days in hospitals getting DD's acute swimmers ear treated. It took hydocodone to kick the pain!!

tink.gif

Walking and talking about WDW. Makes the walk shorter and the anticipation greater!!!! As well as lose some weight in preparation for the eating out.

suevee

I INCREASE THE AMOUNT OF TIME I SPEND ON THE TREADMILL GRADUALLY UNTIL I AM DOING SEVERAL MILES PER DAY-IT MAKES IT SO MUCH EASIER AND I FEEL GREAT AND FULL OF ENERGY! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter