Getting around Fort Wilderness

FYI, All of our ride shares (Uber and Lyft) came directly to the cabin. I don't know what standard policy is, but there was no issue in getting a pickup.

We used Tony hinds transportation last fall and he was able to pick us up and drop us off right at our campsite, if that helps. :)

Minnie Vans only recently resumed service.

Disney had restricted the drop-at-the-front-door (cabin/campsite) service for themselves and the Minnie Vans. While the MV service was suspended, they may have allowed ride share services to come to the cabins (since they weren't).

Now that the MV are back in operation, the ride share services may take a back seat to this front door service. I don't know, of course, but they might resume their previous "separation of service" where MV gets to provide front door service and the others don't. An individual ride share driver may take a chance to go to the front door but that's a risk they might take.

So don't be surprised if there are changes to services levels you read about in this thread. The expectations put forth during covid times may not carry forward forever.

But "whatever". :bored:

Bama Ed

Are people just arriving from the airport allowed to be driven to their cabin? What about when going back to the airport?

No. Ride shares, taxis, etc. cannot go directly to cabins or campsites. They are to be met at the Outpost (check-in building area).

Direct-to-your-front-door is a privilege reserved for Disney's own Minnie Van service (to make it worth the extra cost I guess).

Bama Ed
Our car service dropped us off at the Outpost and our Walmart grocery order arrived as we were checking in. We had a Fort Wilderness van take us (6 people), our bags and our groceries to our cabin. When checking out a van picked us up at the cabin and drove us to the Outpost where we met our car service. Only cost was a generous tip to the CM-driver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter