Get your bridal butt in gear! Motivational thread!

I've lurking around here for a week or two because I can use a good ol' kick in the mildly jiggly buttocks, but I figure it's time to post. :)

I'm getting married next March and I definitely want to lose a few pounds but more importantly I want to firm up. I've been an athlete my whole life and always been pretty thin and always toned (minus senior year of college when I discovered bars and late night pizza :rotfl:).

But, I've definitely softened up over the last year or so. I blame it on a combination of crazy schedule (working on my Master's) and relationship bliss...we both like to eat...and I hate to say it, but I'm not looking anymore, so the need to be in perfect shape has sort of been forgotten. :confused3

Ideally, I'd like to lose 15 lbs, but most importantly I want my definition back... sure, it's vein but I have long legs and I would really like to rock my old denim mini skirt this summer!! :banana: We're doing a pre-wedding trip to Disney this August and definitely don't want to be hiding jiggle in 95 degree temps!

Commitment starts today! My plan is to hit the gym 4 days a week for cardio and strength, but I bought a new DVD on the days when school and work don't leave time for a decent gym session.

If you're looking for a recommendation, I bought Jillian Michaels' (from The Biggest Loser) 30-Day Shred. Wow!! There are three levels - each one is a 20-minute circuit. I started with Level One...and boy, it's tough...but in such a good way! I like the idea of kicking my butt with a complete cardio/strength/ab workout in 20 minutes. :woohoo:

Good luck, ladies!

I've lurking around here for a week or two because I can use a good ol' kick in the mildly jiggly buttocks, but I figure it's time to post. :)

If you're looking for a recommendation, I bought Jillian Michaels' (from The Biggest Loser) 30-Day Shred. Wow!! There are three levels - each one is a 20-minute circuit. I started with Level One...and boy, it's tough...but in such a good way! I like the idea of kicking my butt with a complete cardio/strength/ab workout in 20 minutes. :woohoo:

Good luck, ladies!

I second the jillian michael's shred workout..its great!!! i am on the 2nd level and she does NOT get any nicer ;)

Has anyone tried Bob's yoga workout? I'm looking for something low-impact to do on my rest or light days. I like other stuff from The Biggest Loser crew, so I figured it might be good... but wondered if anyone else had opinions?

Hi

1st time posting here :flower3:

I have been using an excercise dvd for the past 2 weeks and today I tried on a bikini top which I had bought and meant to return to the shop for the bigger size (4 B@@Bs syndrome !!!)

IT FITS !!!!! (only the regular 2 B@@Bs now :rotfl:)

Makes it all worth while :cool1:

Linz xxx :)

Where do I get this jillian work out???

I bought my copy at Target. It's not a Biggest Loser DVD, but it was with them, as were Jillian's other DVDs. She had 2 others at Target...one that deals with problem areas - butt, muffin top, flabby arms, etc. - and another one that has a 40 minute workout.

HTH!! :yay: That's me doing jumping jacks without pausing because Jillian says when you're doing a 20 minute workout you can't afford to pause. :p

I have to miss my WW meeting due to a school schedule change UGHHH so im going to start my points over and hope for a big number next week! I was going tot ry to pop in on another meeting but cant fit one in this week is insane.

Im afraid of Jillians workouts guys! lol. I feel like I need to stick with walking for now. Im trying to walk/jog, I found a "couch to 5k plan online

so are we in for another good week? :goodvibes:cool1:

Keep up the good work everyone! dont give up, get back into the swing!

You guys have me totally motivated to try Jillian's workout book!! I'm going to spinning class at lunch today, but I kind of want to run to Barnes and Knoble and pick up a copy of that book instead! Is it a one month plan??

Ok I'm back on the wagon. When ever I'm sick :sick: I eat what ever I want b/c most of the time there isn't much that I WANT to eat. But I'm starting to feel better and seem to be able get back into the good foods. NOW to just get back into the work outs...:upsidedow

ok, so I'm just now starting to get on the bandwagon here. I'm definitely not a fan of 'diets' and have a slight obsession with *gasp* mcdonalds. :laughing: BUT ever since I switched jobs and now sit at a desk all day everyday i've added a little 'cushion' onto my figure.

I'm working really hard to drink more water (i'm a diet coke fiend) and stop snacking so darn much at my desk. We'll see how this goes. So I'm here trying to get motivated to get fit now! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful suggestions! :thumbsup2

Where do I get this jillian work out???

I got mine at Walmart - however I lack the motivation to do it alone. I just recently joing a cardio bootcamp (3-days a week) and I LOVE it, so much so that I've signed up for the next session on a full time basis... Here's hoping for some major improvements after the end of May!!!

Im afraid of Jillians workouts guys! lol. I feel like I need to stick with walking for now. Im trying to walk/jog, I found a "couch to 5k plan online

QUOTE]

Her workout is GREAT, nothing that you can't do...and you'd be amazed how quickly the 20 minutes go. If you don't know how the workout is laid out, it goes like this...2 minute warm-up, (arm swings, jumping jacks etc)...3 minutes of cardio, 2 minutes of strength and 1 minute of abs...its a great workout...

after falling completely off the wagon, im contemplating starting kind of like an atkins diet though not super strict, just a low sugar/ white flour type of thing...whole wheat instead of white...anyone done something similiar?

I have been doing the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred for two weeks now and people at work have already mentioned that I look thinner! It really does kick your butt and I am so addicted that even if I am exhausted I still push mysef to do it! I had heard about it online and bought it at Target! I highly reccomend it, even DF does it with me!!!

Hi everyone, I'm jumping on board! I need some motivation!! I'm getting married 7.18.09, and time is on fast forward these days. My current work out regime is Shaun T's Rockin Body DVDs. You might have seen the infomercial! Its the same guy as Hip Hop Abs which I also love. Its fun because its like dancing, and for the most part its not torture, haha. I'm terrible at dieting, so I'm just trying to eat healthier, and not starve myself. I think for me exercise is the answer, I just have to stay motivated, so I love this thread! :thumbsup2

I think I need to check out this Jillian people are talking about!!!

after falling completely off the wagon, im contemplating starting kind of like an atkins diet though not super strict, just a low sugar/ white flour type of thing...whole wheat instead of white...anyone done something similiar?

Sort of, I am following WW with points, but I have cut out a lot of sugar & breads. I am nto restricting it, I still eat it when I want it, but for me its a "red light food" so I do better when I stick with fruits veggies and lean proteins. Sugar makes me crazy. :scared1:

So here is a typical day
brekkie
omlet 1gg & 1 egg white
shredded low fat mexican cheese
veggies (whatver Ive got on hand)

snack
Orange or apple
string cheese

Lunch
salad with chicken/beans
or leftovers
or tuna w/ lettuce wraps

dinner
steamed veggies w chicken
stirfry
sometimes I have brown rice or whole wheat pasta

Things I have tried to cut out and eliminate:
100 cal packs- they are empty calories
baked chips etc
I used to eat lots of bagels, english muffins, mashed potatoes, sugary snacks Ive cut way back

Alright, I'm getting on board. :yay:

I'm Laurie, from Chandler, AZ. My wedding is Jan. 16, 2010 so I do have some time and I have been doing pretty well. I did WW online for a bit, but I always seem to lose interest.

About a month ago I switched doctors and had blood work done and the results weren't that great. One issue was a thyroid issue, which explains why I gained 30 pounds in 2 years and can not get it off. It also revealed insulin tolerance and high cholesterol. So needless to say my doctor has put me on a strict diet and exercise plan until my insulin balances out. The good news for me is that over the past three weeks I have probably lost more on her plan and with thyroid medicine than I did on 6 weeks of WW.

So I just need strength to stick with the diet change. I'm trying to like more veggies, especially since the ones I love (peas, corn, and potatoes) are off my list right now.

My best advise for the board is limiting preservatives. I know that today it is probably the hardest thing to do, but it really helps. Trader Joes has some really good things.

For my stats, I have lost about 18 so far, want to get about 20 more off before my first dress fitting in July. Maybe another 35 after that. I bought a dress with a tie back, so I have a bit of wiggle room.

If anyone has any recipes to share, that would be awesome!! :thumbsup2Trying new recipes always helps me stay motivated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter