Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

No :( the times don’t work for me! I hope they release times later in the evenings or on weekends.
Same. And it's hard with only one person per reservation. I understand crowd control and limiting purchasing and sharks, but it's hard dragging DH to DTD for something like this and parking him by Starbucks. Seems unfair -- like those sad husbands you see at the mall during the holidays. lol...

FYI, don’t let this article alarm you too much. Parking opens at 9:30 on the weekends. So by 10am, when DTD is officially open, the lot is full. I do suggest that if you do go on weekends, try to get a dining reservation so you can get in. There are also offsite lots and the Harbor entrance.

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/09/...FFtMSMz1u80AijbOANsf880caI-nljuPdjqDwubQpiokU
Second this.

Also, I’m not sure when it started but they are now telling you that you have 2 hours to return once you’ve been called back through the mobile queue system.

Second this.

Also, I’m not sure when it started but they are now telling you that you have 2 hours to return once you’ve been called back through the mobile queue system.
Last week they said it was 2 hours to return too. Wonder when they officially changed it to that time frame?

Since so many hotels/motels are closed in the area, has anyone noticed if you can park in their lots if DTD lot is full?
Only the ones that are open. The closed hotels have their lots all blocked off. The hotel I know that is open is The Anaheim Hotel, you reserve the spot on their website and pay. There is also Anaheim Garden Walk for a small price.

They sold out sometime yesterday. They are likely to restock though.
I just left WOD. The CMs there told me that they’ve (The “marquee” headbands) been sold out for a few days but they are expecting more. As with most things these days, they don’t know when.

A few nice anecdotes from DTD this morning.

1. As I snapped a pic near the DL gates, I asked a nearby couple if they’d like me to take their photo together (which I did). But before that, I heard the woman say something about how the spikes at the main/central gate stopped in the center (i.e. The gate could be climbed easily). So I made a joke that I’d go if they did. They agreed :-).

2. I saw a trio of guests heading to the screening line. One of them carried a bouquet of about two dozen roses. I asked what they were for and they explained that their friend was about to propose at DTD (I presume near the DL gates). It’s always nice to see those sorts of things.
962C0E82-23BE-4271-ABA5-783CCC8FA552.jpeg

0E9A332C-3C3E-4B11-A010-7819151A44C1.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter