Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

Can anyone tell me what time they’ve been let into the parking lot lately for DTD? I’d like to arrive as early as possible in the morning, but not too early that the lot is not open yet.
I’ve only been on Saturdays and the parking lot is usually open by 9:30. It might be 9:45 during the week.

Photos of the new Disney face mask designs:
insidethemagic.net

New Disney Attraction and Character Face Masks Arrive! | Inside the Magic
Alert, new Disney face masks! Downtown Disney have received new Disney face masks that feature several theme park attractions and Disney characters.
insidethemagic.net
insidethemagic.net

They had a couple of XL masks, but I don’t believe in those styles. I only saw XL below size Medium on just one rack.

From today's (8/03/20) MP DLR Update:

Downtown Disney extends operating hours; updates mask policy again
The Downtown Disney district at Disneyland announced extended shopping hours last week, and has once more updated its health and safety guidelines for visitors.
Last Friday, the Disneyland Resort announced that Downtown Disney would open at 10:00 a.m. daily, and remain open until 9:00 p.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. This change comes a week after the Downtown Disney district welcomed back two dining establishments: Tortilla Jo's and Ballast Point Brewing Co.

Ballast Point Brewery and Kitchen is now open in Downtown Disney, and serving on their patio above Wetzel's Pretzels. Photo by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix.

It's worth noting that each independent operator sets its own hours, and not all locations open and/or close with Downtown Disney. For example, Sugarboo & Co. has been opening at noon on weekdays, and the Downtown Disney West location of Starbucks isn't open everyday. Disney recommends downloading the official Disneyland smartphone app to get current store hours and dining information.

Disneyland also issued a second update to the requirement that all patrons age 2 and older wear a face covering. In addition to the first update, which banned neck gaiters and bandanna-style masks, Disney is now disallowing use of masks that have "valves, mesh material, or holes of any kind." It may seem incredible that Disney has to specifically ban mesh masks, but we watched last week as a guest was asked to change masks after attempting to enter Downtown Disney wearing an loose crochet mask with nothing under it. For now, Disney's guest relations team can provide visitors with an appropriate mask if they arrive wearing one of the disallowed styles.

Visitors will also notice temporary digital message boards on Disneyland Drive and Katella Avenue, which are used to alert drivers when Disney has temporarily paused entry to Downtown Disney due to capacity limits. Disney is adding a new entrance to the Downtown Disney parking lot from Katella Avenue, and has filed permits to install two new toll booths. Workers were installing the monument sign at the entrance last week.

Disney is building a new entrance to the Downtown Disney parking lot from Katella Avenue. Photo by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix.

The new Downtown Disney entrance will provide a more convenient entry for people arriving at the Disneyland Resort from the south. Photo by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix.

From today's (8/03/20) MP DLR Update:

Downtown Disney extends operating hours; updates mask policy again
The Downtown Disney district at Disneyland announced extended shopping hours last week, and has once more updated its health and safety guidelines for visitors.
Last Friday, the Disneyland Resort announced that Downtown Disney would open at 10:00 a.m. daily, and remain open until 9:00 p.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. This change comes a week after the Downtown Disney district welcomed back two dining establishments: Tortilla Jo's and Ballast Point Brewing Co.

Ballast Point Brewery and Kitchen is now open in Downtown Disney, and serving on their patio above Wetzel's Pretzels. Photo by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix.

It's worth noting that each independent operator sets its own hours, and not all locations open and/or close with Downtown Disney. For example, Sugarboo & Co. has been opening at noon on weekdays, and the Downtown Disney West location of Starbucks isn't open everyday. Disney recommends downloading the official Disneyland smartphone app to get current store hours and dining information.

Disneyland also issued a second update to the requirement that all patrons age 2 and older wear a face covering. In addition to the first update, which banned neck gaiters and bandanna-style masks, Disney is now disallowing use of masks that have "valves, mesh material, or holes of any kind." It may seem incredible that Disney has to specifically ban mesh masks, but we watched last week as a guest was asked to change masks after attempting to enter Downtown Disney wearing an loose crochet mask with nothing under it. For now, Disney's guest relations team can provide visitors with an appropriate mask if they arrive wearing one of the disallowed styles.

Visitors will also notice temporary digital message boards on Disneyland Drive and Katella Avenue, which are used to alert drivers when Disney has temporarily paused entry to Downtown Disney due to capacity limits. Disney is adding a new entrance to the Downtown Disney parking lot from Katella Avenue, and has filed permits to install two new toll booths. Workers were installing the monument sign at the entrance last week.

Disney is building a new entrance to the Downtown Disney parking lot from Katella Avenue. Photo by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix.

The new Downtown Disney entrance will provide a more convenient entry for people arriving at the Disneyland Resort from the south. Photo by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix.
I noticed that about the Starbucks by the LEGO store. I was going to stop there on my way out but they looked closed. Guess I’ll check the app next time

Disney masks are now being sold at WOD, The Disney Dress Shop (Frozen and Tiki Room, size M and L), and Pin Traders (most designs, mostly M and some L). CMs said that masks are restocked daily, but no one knows what sizes or designs are in the shipment until they open the box.

Trip report from yesterday.

I arrived after work around 4:15 and there was no line to park, to get screened, or to pass security. I did notice many groups leaving as I came in.

No line for Wonderground, The Dress Shop, or WOD. There was a short line for Disney Home (less than 5 minutes) and a longish line for Marceline.

Tons of cute stuff but I'm buying a couch set and limited myself to a few masks. The ABC's of Disney items are really nice and some of it is on shopdisney.com.

I left by about 5:15 and noticed it was getting busier.

Has anyone had any experience parking offsite during the current era and walking/Ubering to DTD? My friend and I went once in July and loved being back on property but got caught in the endless circling during the "temporary pause" of parking which seems to happen all the time during weekends . Are there other options and are they ethical (i.e. if the parking lot strategy is part of controlling the number of people in DTD maybe I need to respect that)?

Has anyone had any experience parking offsite during the current era and walking/Ubering to DTD? My friend and I went once in July and loved being back on property but got caught in the endless circling during the "temporary pause" of parking which seems to happen all the time during weekends . Are there other options and are they ethical (i.e. if the parking lot strategy is part of controlling the number of people in DTD maybe I need to respect that)?
If you cruise through this superthread (just the pages from when DTD actually was open through now), you'll see that at least a few posters have parked off site and walked to bag check. Non-permit street parking can be a bit of a hike, though, so be prepared. The closest that I know of is at least a half mile away. Be very careful about the street signs, hours, permit requirements, etc. The warnings about towing are not a joke. Uber/Lyft can drop you off at the Harbor drop off or at the DTD drop off (between the Lilo lot and the DLH). Both of the drop off lots are working. You might be able to park at the ARTIC lot by the Honda Center and use ride share from there.

If you cruise through this superthread (just the pages from when DTD actually was open through now), you'll see that at least a few posters have parked off site and walked to bag check. Non-permit street parking can be a bit of a hike, though, so be prepared. The closest that I know of is at least a half mile away. Be very careful about the street signs, hours, permit requirements, etc. The warnings about towing are not a joke. Uber/Lyft can drop you off at the Harbor drop off or at the DTD drop off (between the Lilo lot and the DLH). Both of the drop off lots are working. You might be able to park at the ARTIC lot by the Honda Center and use ride share from there.
Thanks- I missed this thread. Is the Harbor security entrance actually open? It didn't look like it when I was there last month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!