Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

Has anyone had any experience parking offsite during the current era and walking/Ubering to DTD? My friend and I went once in July and loved being back on property but got caught in the endless circling during the "temporary pause" of parking which seems to happen all the time during weekends . Are there other options and are they ethical (i.e. if the parking lot strategy is part of controlling the number of people in DTD maybe I need to respect that)?
When we stayed at the Anaheim hotel they had signs saying you could park there for $25 a day or $10 a half day. It’s not free, but another option.

Too cute! Only at WOD? Or did you happen to see them anywhere else?
I only checked there. I didn't go into the dress shop. I always get tempted by the bracelet selection in there so I stayed away lol. But I looked at the mask selection by the pin cart (near the Monorail), and they didn't have them there.

Oh man! Just missed those. When we were there Saturday, the only large masks they had were the hulk. Such a bummer!

I’m here at DTD now for my birthday. I wore my bday button from 2016 (couldn’t find one that’s more recent). I came down mainly to be around other people, which has been pleasant. I met three like-minded Disney fans, which was nice. I’m an extrovert so I need (and thrive on) external stimulation. I thought today would be depressing but so far it’s been really great. I’ve got some other treats planned for later.
3C122D75-A8BC-4FF2-B795-CF0353D29B09.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m here at DTD now for my birthday. I wore my bday button from 2016 (couldn’t find one that’s more recent). I came down mainly to be around other people, which has been nice. I met three like-minded Disney fans, which was nice. I’m an extrovert so I need (and thrive on) external stimulation. I thought today would be depressing but so far it’s been really nice. I’ve got some other treats planned for later.
View attachment 518475
Happy Birthday, Rob! Sending much pixie dust your way! :)

Did they have all the newest designs?

I saw the new Tiki Room, Haunted Mansion, and the new Tomorrowland/Space themed ones from afar. I didn't get close enough to see them all. There was a line at this kiosk, about 5 people deep, even though it's outdoors.

I didn't see any of those designs at World of Disney yesterday, so that might have been why the Pin Traders had so many people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter