Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

I saw the new Tiki Room, Haunted Mansion, and the new Tomorrowland/Space themed ones from afar. I didn't get close enough to see them all. There was a line at this kiosk, about 5 people deep, even though it's outdoors.

I didn't see any of those designs at World of Disney yesterday, so that might have been why the Pin Traders had so many people.
Sounds like they are moving all the new designs around. Last time we were in DTD, the Tiki Room design was at WOD and the Dress Shop (which had Tiki Room and Frozen), but not at Pin Traders. Pin Traders had the old designs, Frozen, and TL/Space Mt. We'll have to check again the next time we visit.

Sounds like they are moving all the new designs around. Last time we were in DTD, the Tiki Room design was at WOD and the Dress Shop (which had Tiki Room and Frozen), but not at Pin Traders. Pin Traders had the old designs, Frozen, and TL/Space Mt. We'll have to check again the next time we visit.
I did see tiki room masks at pin traders but only in medium and small. In fact all the masks over there were medium and small. This could change daily though if they add more sizes.

I did see tiki room masks at pin traders but only in medium and small. In fact all the masks over there were medium and small. This could change daily though if they add more sizes.
Yes, when I was there last time, a CM went to the back and got me a L in the Frozen and TL/Space masks. So sometimes they do have other sizes in stock. But he did say that the size selection varies every day depending on what they get.

...The shop is in an odd location.
That shop is in a poor location, saleswise! It's hard to find, hard to see, and either you're already in line for bag check (so why go in?) or you're on your way back to the car (so why stop?). So glad they finally got a kiosk -- now they can get people to like their products enough to look for the main shop! (Whenever we've shopped there, we're always the only customers.) They have nice things -- great gift ideas! -- so don't be afraid to shop, DISers!

Went to DtD this morning. They flipped the entrance/exit for world of Disney and the mobile return sign up is now by the tram loop.
With the masks they had a handful of styles in size large, but none of the new designs except the 2 together again designs. They also have those 2 in XL.

I’m here at DTD now for my birthday. I wore my bday button from 2016 (couldn’t find one that’s more recent). I came down mainly to be around other people, which has been pleasant. I met three like-minded Disney fans, which was nice. I’m an extrovert so I need (and thrive on) external stimulation. I thought today would be depressing but so far it’s been really great. I’ve got some other treats planned for later.
View attachment 518475
Happy belated Birthday @WonkaKid!

I’m here at DTD now for my birthday. I wore my bday button from 2016 (couldn’t find one that’s more recent). I came down mainly to be around other people, which has been pleasant. I met three like-minded Disney fans, which was nice. I’m an extrovert so I need (and thrive on) external stimulation. I thought today would be depressing but so far it’s been really great. I’ve got some other treats planned for later.
View attachment 518475

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!! I hope your day was full of pixie dust and sunshine! Your posts always bring a smile to my face because of your great pictures!

Maybe this is a good thread to ask. I am still preparing my rescheduled trip to DL, now aiming at March 2021, what are the not-to-miss shops and restaurants in Downtown Disney?
For sure World of Disney and the Disney Dress Shop will be on the list.

So true. I feel like I should be making a scrapbook to commemorate all this weirdness!
My mom does that, she makes a page for each day, as an alternative diary. For February/March/April, loads of covid pages.
She also is working on making a scrapbook as a present for my Disney buddy, and because we had a visit to Disneyland Paris with Covid-measures, there are some pages dedicated to this visit.
These are the last pages of the book:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter