Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

Here is a slight "trip report". This last week we drove down to Newport Coast and stayed. On Sunday Nov 29 we had a 7:00 pm res for Ralph Brennans. We joked about having the "Disney Experience" - waiting in lines - for parking (about 25 min) - to enter DTD (about 40 min). But that was fine and we did not mind. Nice to see DTD and we had a great meal at Ralph's on the upper balcony. Also waited about 15 min to get into the Disney Store and find a few things. Altogether it was a pleasant evening.
We had been able to snag a Carthay reservation before our trip and even though I looked at every day and time, only 4:40 Saturday (the 5th) was available. That was rather surprising that we could not get anything during the week days, but found it on Saturday. So we headed off Saturday afternoon to enjoy that meal. Wait time getting into the parking lot was shorter than it had been on the previous Sunday. But the wait to get into DTD was longer. The lesson is that they recommend arriving at least an hour before any reservation and its to be able to get through all of that. They will let you bypass the line if it gets within 15 min of your res (see a cast member), but you have to wait through parking line to even get to that point. I had also forgotten to bring my mask (how can you do that???). But they directed me to a vending machine where you could purchase a basic mask for $2, so you can still go in.
It was nice to walk around in DCA and take pictures. However, we were disappointed in the Carthay meal. We had only been there once back in 2017 and it was wonderful. But now they have a very limited menu - al fresco they call it. Basically small plates and quite limited. Drinks were still great as we had remembered. But the food was just so-so and we had expected amazing.
Of course, no dining is happening as of Monday the 7th. But when it returns I hope this gives some idea of what to expect.

There’s some rumors that Disney will be opening up more retail locations in the coming days/weeks as part of the BVS opening. One of the stores that’s rumored to reopen is Gone Hollywood.

Stage 17 was also expanded a bit. They moved back the merch “wall” on the dca side and added in a few more fixtures in the middle and they added a merch “wall” where the registers are. Mostly was the same stuff in all the other stores.

Stage 17 was also expanded a bit. They moved back the merch “wall” on the dca side and added in a few more fixtures in the middle and they added a merch “wall” where the registers are. Mostly was the same stuff in all the other stores.
I'm sooooo tempted to go with this holiday sale.

Curious if they’re actually not allowing water bottles to be taken inside/water to be consumed - I feel like legally, you can’t deprive people of water? What if there’s a heat wave? Theoretically, you could have people out in the sun, in line for a store, masked, unable to drink water - sounds like a recipe for heatstroke.

I’m not planning on going, just curious because this seems like a potential problem if it’s true.
Also curious about how this will work itself out over coming weeks. This seems like a very grey area, especially where it concerns disability, e.g. people who need to take meds on a regularly timed basis throughout the day. If access to First Aid is cut off (it looked closed the last time we walked by), then you couldn't even get a small cup of water for meds. Hmmm... I understand wanting to be safe and to make sure that no one cheats the rules, but still...

Also curious about how this will work itself out over coming weeks. This seems like a very grey area, especially where it concerns disability, e.g. people who need to take meds on a regularly timed basis throughout the day. If access to First Aid is cut off (it looked closed the last time we walked by), then you couldn't even get a small cup of water for meds. Hmmm... I understand wanting to be safe and to make sure that no one cheats the rules, but still...
This actually crossed my mind. I have chronic migraines and have to bring my medicine with me at all times. I usually bring my own water bottle or grab a cup of water if I need to take medicine. Hmm..maybe I'll wait. It will be my luck I'll get one and can't drink water lol Hopefully they work something out that will be safe. Maybe they can have a water drinking area? And only water, not soda, coffee, etc.

This actually crossed my mind. I have chronic migraines and have to bring my medicine with me at all times. I usually bring my own water bottle or grab a cup of water if I need to take medicine. Hmm..maybe I'll wait. It will be my luck I'll get one and can't drink water lol Hopefully they work something out that will be safe. Maybe they can have a water drinking area? And only water, not soda, coffee, etc.
I keep my migraine meds with me at all times, too. Maybe you can take meds in the mask relaxation zone? But then, how do you get the water there? People were posting on other boards that security wasn't allowing any water bottles through yesterday. This sounds like the first day of D23 Expo every time -- the first day is when all the rules go haywire, then things start calming down as the Expo goes on. It's always a work in progress!

Question about water. What’s the deal? No water at all? Is that even legal?

I need to be down there to take my car to the dealer and was thinking of dropping off my wife and kid there for 2 hours, but I don’t think the little one can go 2 hours with no water.

I need to be down there to take my car to the dealer and was thinking of dropping off my wife and kid there for 2 hours, but I don’t think the little one can go 2 hours with no water.
I was told by security on Tuesday afternoon that you can bring it in but you are not suppose to drink it. They don't want you taking your mask off at all.

Some people were tweeting and posting earlier in the week that they weren't even allowed to bring in bottles of water. I don't know what the situation is now. If you do stop by DTD, please update here if you get any information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter