Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

I believe that’s correct. It’s the only one of the three at DCA or DTD that allows AP-holder discounts.
To clarify: Both the Disney Starbucks in the parks (Market House in DL and FF&P in DCA) offer the AP discount. FF&P on BVS was the only Starbucks offering the discount recently because Market House in DL won't open until DL does. (Sigh...) The corporate owned stores in DTD (Starbucks DTD and Starbucks DTD West II) do not offer AP discounts, but do participate in the bonus offers and allow you to redeem rewards. The DTD corporate stores allow you to use the Starbucks app. The stores in the parks do not.

To clarify: Both the Disney Starbucks in the parks (Market House in DL and FF&P in DCA) offer the AP discount. FF&P on BVS was the only Starbucks offering the discount recently because Market House in DL won't open until DL does. (Sigh...) The corporate owned stores in DTD (Starbucks DTD and Starbucks DTD West II) do not offer AP discounts, but do participate in the bonus offers and allow you to redeem rewards. The DTD corporate stores allow you to use the Starbucks app. The stores in the parks do not.
I believe you can earn rewards at Starbucks in the parks you just can’t redeem rewards.

Black Tap confirmed in a reply comment on Instagram last night that they will remain open for take out.

Not that it matters at this stage of the game, but thought I'd mention. My friend and I had scanned into the virtual queue for Off the Page Saturday at 1:56 PM, and were told that we had about an hour before we got the second text. So we got churros, but had nothing else to do until the second text. I wanted to go to Studio 17 - I wanted the HM blanket I had seen there Friday night. We were concerned about getting back into BVS, though. So we asked the CM who was letting people enter, and she had the wait had been slim to nothing all day to that point - the person at the front of the line confirmed that she had only waited ten minutes. And the CM said that, if the line got long in the interim, to go straight to her and she'd let us back in as soon as she could. At 2:15 we exited DCA and got in line for Studio 17, which we entered at 3:05. We exited again about ten minutes later, and headed to the BVS line. But, at some point between the time we entered the S17 line the announcement about the closures was made. HOLY COW! In the hour since we'd left, the BVS line had ballooned to the point where it filled up all of the available switchback space. And our friendly CM had left that post so we couldn't appeal to her. So we wound up just leaving (the text for Off the Page came at 3:21, but I didn't notice until later since we'd already decided to leave). A bunch of people who were just visiting DTD must have heard about the closures and figured they might as well take the opportunity to visit BVS before it (potentially) shut back down again.

From MP's DLR Update 12/7-13/20:

Downtown Disney will maintain the expanded operating hours that went into effect last week, with most Disney-operated retail stores open 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Under the new guidelines, retail stores are limited to operating at 20% of their capacity, so shoppers should expect to find longer lines outside stores. We expect more retail stores to reopen on Buena Vista Street, joining Off the Page which reopened last week.
Unfortunately, all Disney-owned restaurants will close under this new order, including Award Wieners, Carthay Circle Lounge, Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café, and Smokejumpers Grill. Retail stores that sell packaged food, like Trolley Treats and Marceline’s Confectionary, will remain open, as will some outdoor vending carts—but customers are not permitted to consume food or beverage purchased at these locations until they leave property.

Trolley Treats will remain open on Buena Vista Street, but purchases can not be consumed on the premises. MousePlanet file photo.

Most Downtown Disney restaurants will also close, but the following appear to be staying open for takeout:
  • Black Tap Craft Burgers
  • Ballast Point Brewing Company
  • CrazyShake Window by Black Tap
  • Earl of Sandwich
  • Jamba
  • Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen Express
  • Salt & Straw
  • Sprinkles
  • Wetzel's Pretzels
The following have posted closures:
  • Asian Street Eats
  • La Brea Bakery Cafe
  • Naples
  • Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen
  • Splitsville Luxury Lanes
  • Starbucks East and West
  • Tortilla Jo's
  • Uva Bar & Cafe

Curious if they’re actually not allowing water bottles to be taken inside/water to be consumed - I feel like legally, you can’t deprive people of water? What if there’s a heat wave? Theoretically, you could have people out in the sun, in line for a store, masked, unable to drink water - sounds like a recipe for heatstroke.

I’m not planning on going, just curious because this seems like a potential problem if it’s true.

Curious if they’re actually not allowing water bottles to be taken inside/water to be consumed - I feel like legally, you can’t deprive people of water? What if there’s a heat wave? Theoretically, you could have people out in the sun, in line for a store, masked, unable to drink water - sounds like a recipe for heatstroke.

I’m not planning on going, just curious because this seems like a potential problem if it’s true.
From comments I have read, people are saying not even water. But like you said, I'm not sure if that's even legal. You can still get dehydrated when it's cold out. I'll stalk more posts and see what people say lol.

From comments I have read, people are saying not even water. But like you said, I'm not sure if that's even legal. You can still get dehydrated when it's cold out. I'll stalk more posts and see what people say lol.
I asked two people over social media yesterday that were there and they said you aren’t allowed to bring water in. I also, asked in the chat window through the disneyland app and the rep that responded stated that they are still trying to clarify that.

I asked two people over social media yesterday that were there and they said you aren’t allowed to bring water in. I also, asked in the chat window through the disneyland app and the rep that responded stated that they are still trying to clarify that.
This feels like the only safe and sure way for full compliance. Otherwise some people will try to stretch the rules. This was seen at WDW and rules had to be tightened up as things evolved.

Select holiday merchandise is now 30% off at DTD. You can still get AP discounts. It will be applied after the 30% is applied.

Stacking discounts?! I feel like I'm being tortured that I can't go even for NYE to DTD anymore :sad:

Come on, Disney. Put DLR AP discounts online like you did for WDW APs :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter