• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Genie+ Purchase Question - Adding to Non-Expiring tickets

daisylovesdisney

Mouseketeer
I haven't had any luck on the Genie+ thread for this particular question so hoping someone knows! :worship:

My family has non-expiring ticket days remaining that we are using for our upcoming trip, as well as one day complimentary park hoppers. For these kinds of tickets we had to wait to purchase Genie+ the day of our park visit (even when you could otherwise purchase it for all days of your visit ahead of time).

I had to purchase my son a new ticket and got him a 3 day park hopper that already includes Genie+.

Apparently having a mix of tickets with Genie+ and without in the same party was causing a glitch when trying to add Genie+ to the non-expiring tickets the day of on the app. I probably should have not purchased Genie+ ahead of time for son but too late now I think. :confused3 :confused:

I am wondering if anyone else with this mix of tickets has added Genie+ to the non-expiring or complimentary tickets recently and been able to do so on the app or ended up having to call to have it added? It's already a giant pain having to get up early each morning and purchase Genie+ and be ready to book by 7am, so just trying to figure out if I will have to deal with this on top of it on each park morning.

Otherwise anyone know if I call the ticket # if I can change my son's ticket to not include Genie+ and get a refund for the difference? I had to wait 2 hours on the phone with my last ticket question so don't want to hold if they'll tell me it's not possible.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I believe the situation you’re remembering was a mix of AP + tickets with Genie+ added for length of stay. It has not been reported as happening with any other combination of givjets that I’m aware of.

If you have challenges adding Genie+ to your tickets on the day you use them, call 1-407-939-4357.

I believe the situation you’re remembering was a mix of AP + tickets with Genie+ added for length of stay. It has not been reported as happening with any other combination of tickets that I’m aware of.

If you have challenges adding Genie+ to your tickets on the day you use them, call 1-407-939-4357.

Fantastic, thank you! Somewhere along the line a poster told me it may also be an issue with non-expiring tickets. I am planning to try and purchase Genie+ at midnight of the first park day to see if there are issues so I can get up early in the morning to call if needed.

Do you have any idea what time the 407-939-4357 phone # opens? I'm assuming by 6:30am? I don't want to be late and miss the 7am booking time. :badpc::hourglass

I’m not positive. I believe someone reported they called as early as 6AM but I’m not 100% sure about that. 6:30 they would be open for sure.

Fantastic, thank you! Somewhere along the line a poster told me it may also be an issue with non-expiring tickets. I am planning to try and purchase Genie+ at midnight of the first park day to see if there are issues so I can get up early in the morning to call if needed.

Do you have any idea what time the 407-939-4357 phone # opens? I'm assuming by 6:30am? I don't want to be late and miss the 7am booking time. :badpc::hourglass

I don't know if your particular situation will be affected, but the glitch with AP tickets + regular park tickets did not happen to us on our trip in July. I have an AP, the others in my group had 7 day tickets. Their genie + had been pre-purchased before they ended that option but I was able to buy every morning with no problems. I had called before leaving and the CM said that problem was fixed and indeed it was.

I’m not positive. I believe someone reported they called as early as 6AM but I’m not 100% sure about that. 6:30 they would be open for sure.
Thank you, I'm going to check at midnight and if I encounter a glitch I'll just have to ready to try calling by 6:30am.

I don't know if your particular situation will be affected, but the glitch with AP tickets + regular park tickets did not happen to us on our trip in July. I have an AP, the others in my group had 7 day tickets. Their genie + had been pre-purchased before they ended that option but I was able to buy every morning with no problems. I had called before leaving and the CM said that problem was fixed and indeed it was.
That's good to hear! Hopefully we have a smooth experience as well.

All these details are making me a little crazy. :hyper2: :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter