Genie+ by Christmas???

Take it for what it’s worth…

I was talking with a guest service’s CM a little bit ago (I’m here at the parks) and she said while there hasn’t been an official announced date for Genie+, it has officially been pushed to Winter. Her guess (and only a guess) is it won’t happen until January.

Interesting. Another person said today that an employee told him December.

Who knows I guess, but odd to wait until after the crowds are the biggest…can’t see near the demand in January.

Who knows I guess, but odd to wait until after the crowds are the biggest…can’t see near the demand in January.

I really wish it would come out during Thanksgiving week.

All the videos and photos I'm seeing of these crowds that are almost pre-pandemic sized has got me feeling a bit overwhelmed, not gonna lie :(

Take it for what it’s worth…

I was talking with a guest service’s CM a little bit ago (I’m here at the parks) and she said while there hasn’t been an official announced date for Genie+, it has officially been pushed to Winter. Her guess (and only a guess) is it won’t happen until January.
none of this would surprise me...they still have Fast Pass signs up in some places!

I really wish it would come out during Thanksgiving week.

All the videos and photos I'm seeing of these crowds that are almost pre-pandemic sized has got me feeling a bit overwhelmed, not gonna lie :(

Yes, and if it doesn’t come out we might cancel our trip over Christmas. I can’t imagine how long the standby lines will be then.

Yes but that person sounded like they spoke to a phone customer service person. Quite possibly the most unreliable source of Disney information there is, unfortunately.

Yes but that person sounded like they spoke to a phone customer service person. Quite possibly the most unreliable source of Disney information there is, unfortunately.

I take it all with a grain of salt, including the CM you spoke with.

We shall see, hopefully it starts sooner than later.

I take it all with a grain of salt, including the CM you spoke with.

Oh it wasn't me- someone else posted something a park CM told them :) Agree that it's all speculation on all counts. For whatever reason though it does seem like phone CM's (most of whom are really just contractors) tend to give out especially unreliable information.

We've been here since Friday and it's rough. Mornings aren't even much better it's so crowded. By 9AM every ride is packed. I think not having any shows or character lines doesn't help matters either. I find myself really missing shows to take a break from waiting in line for the rides.

The sweet spot seems to be from abut 930-midnight. We've been taking afternoon naps and staying late to get things done. I won't be back until they've launched Genie+ but we're still having a great time. Helps that we've been so often so we take a more relaxed approach. Now if this was a once in a lifetime trip, I'd be upset!

There is nothing more uninformed than a Cast Member. The amount of times I have had better information than them is so numerous I practically trust nothing they say.

It seems with Rise and Webslingers both now with standby lines the stage is set for Genie+.

Not too mention it would certainly bring in a lot of $$$ in December.

The only reason I can think of is if it doesn’t work the way they think, they don’t want the headache during the busiest time. Rolling it out during a slower time, may allow them ease into it.

But as I said, January was her opinion, not anything official. Pushing back to Winter she said was official.

The only reason I can think of is if it doesn’t work the way they think, they don’t want the headache during the busiest time. Rolling it out during a slower time, may allow them ease into it.

But as I said, January was her opinion, not anything official. Pushing back to Winter she said was official.

I wouldn’t be surprised either way, but I think when it’s ready they’ll launch even with headaches as $$$ comes first.

But who knows when it will actually be ready, it’s not like Disney had a year or so of the park being down to get it ready…so they definitely don’t seem to be in a hurry.

We've been here since Friday and it's rough. Mornings aren't even much better it's so crowded. By 9AM every ride is packed. I think not having any shows or character lines doesn't help matters either. I find myself really missing shows to take a break from waiting in line for the rides.

The sweet spot seems to be from abut 930-midnight. We've been taking afternoon naps and staying late to get things done. I won't be back until they've launched Genie+ but we're still having a great time. Helps that we've been so often so we take a more relaxed approach. Now if this was a once in a lifetime trip, I'd be upset!
We were there 11/15-18 and the crowd level was about the same as pre-COVID for that week. Yes, rides were pretty much walk-on before 9AM, but for some reason long lines started forming right at 9AM!

We didn't have a problem with dining. Forget reservations, they're long gone. But we got Storytellers brunch with a 15 minute walk-up wait, and dinner with a 5 minute walk-up. Tortilla Jo's doesn't require a reservation if you eat at the bar, plus you get a free stage show watching the bartender mix drinks. :smickey:

Oh, yeah, do not eat at Pym Test Kitchen. Worst. Food. Ever.

Just looked at current wait time and they don’t seem too bad especially for a holiday week. Everything I’ve seen seems to be that lines are constantly moving which makes them seem to go faster and parks seem to be pretty manageable even though they seem packed. We have our trip next week and I’m hoping genie+ stays away until we’re done. I don’t wanna be the guniea pig lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter