Gear Fusion MCO to WL

danikoski

DIS Veteran
Hi all - I've seen people recommend Gear Fusion and I hadn't heard of them so just looking for some experiences. We are planning to fly into MCO and go to Wilderness Lodge. There will be two adults and a kid (7 yrs old, may need booster) with three carry one and one big checked bag. When I go online they have a midsize SUV available. For anyone who has used the midsize SUV, do you think it'd hold our group?

Thanks for any info.

Never heard of them, it is a rental car company or some sort of car service? Probably good to look around online to see what sort of recent experience others have had. Car 'sizes' are subjective and I find rental companies always seem to categorize them much bigger than I would. If they don't actually name the vehicle, who knows what size it might be?

We will be using them for our upcoming trip at the end of August. Got a discount code so it's costing us $144 round trip. Why not flip them an email to enquire? I messaged them through their Facebook page and got a quick reply to all my questions. They seem to be well liked by others on the Dis who have used them.

Never heard of them, it is a rental car company or some sort of car service? Probably good to look around online to see what sort of recent experience others have had. Car 'sizes' are subjective and I find rental companies always seem to categorize them much bigger than I would. If they don't actually name the vehicle, who knows what size it might be?
They are a newer private transportation business for going between the airports and hotels.

We used Gear Fusion in March and they were great! Highly recommend!! There were three of us and they picked us up both times in a larger three row SUV. They do offer a booster seat. After I booked, I had a flight change and hotel change. The owner was great in making changes. On our return trip, my DH left his phone in the car. I called the driver and he brought it back to us at the airport. The night before your trip, they will text you the name of your driver and give you their phone number. Great Service!!

We have also used Gear Fusion. In March and again on our trip last weekend. In March we needed a baby seat and it was installed each time and ready to go. March had five of us and luggage (including a larger stroller) in the car and the driver Todd (also the owner) knows how to fit everything in. They were great to communicate with, let you know where they are at all time in regards to meeting you and for your return pickup, and also made changes as needed when our airline went out of business in March a mere week before our trip and we had to change all flights and times. I definitely recommend them.

We used Gearfusion for our trip last week. The whole experience was great. Neat and clean vehicle, professional drivers, friendly and knowledgeable. The communication was great. We were even text when they we coming thru the gate a Beach Club so we knew when to be there.
The whole trip with Gearfusion was great. The drivers we excellent, we never felt unsafe during the trip (we have felt that way with Mears Connect).

All in All, we will be using them from now on.

Adding to the good reviews.

I just used GearFusion May 26-May 31 and highly recommend them. Todd, the owner, was wonderful. I had to postpone my trip twice due to illness and he let me carry my credit to reschedule both time, once the day before my arrival. He always responded to emails same day and sent new confirmations out.

Both drivers were friendly and safe and made the trip very easy. Cars were clean and well maintained. They texted the day before to confirm.

Got a text as soon as we got off the plane from Barb. There was a tiny confusion at baggage claim because she wasn't standing where I assumed she'd be with the other car companies, but we texted and found each other quickly. She played Disney music on the drive to Yacht Club and we had a nice conversation about Disney and Universal.

On the trip back, the driver, George, texted me about 40 minutes before pickup that he was running 15 minutes late and offered to send another driver, but since I scheduled with extra time (due to leaving on a Friday at rush hour) I was fine with the delay. And he was right on with his estimation, arriving at 5:15 instead of 5:00.. He kept apologizing for the delay even though we had plenty of time still. Turns out the family he'd picked up at the airport before me had a snafu with their luggage - the airline misplaced one of their bags. But it's nice to know that they have contingencies for that and were willing to get someone else there.

I would definitely use them again.

Everyone's reviews convinced me to change my reservation with Tiffany's to Gearfusion. It’s a couple's trip this time so best time to try a new company since we are not loaded with stuff from my 4 year old. $144 RT for two people is a steal! I just paid…does it take a while to get an email receipt?

Last edited:
Everyone's reviews convinced me to change my reservation with Tiffany's to Gearfusion. It’s a couple's trip this time so best time to try a new company since we are not loaded with stuff from my 4 year old. $144 RT for two people is a steal! I just paid…does it take a while to get an email receipt?
I got my receipt relatively quickly. If you have any issues though, message them on Facebook. They were really responsive to some questions I had.

I would message them through Facebook too. I hadn't got my receipt and waited over a month. So I reached out through their Facebook page and they kept trying to resend it with no luck. I then asked them to send the receipt my other email address. I got that one right away. When I took a look at it, it showed my original email address that I had booked it with - I realised then that I had misspelled by original email address - doh!

Last edited:
I would message them through Facebook too. I hadn't got my receipt and waited over a month. So I reached out through their Facebook page and they kept trying to resend it with no luck. I then asked them to send the receipt my other email address. I got that one right away. When I took a look at it, it showed my original email addressed that I had book it with - I realised then that I had misspelled by original email address - doh!
I just messaged them and they say they will send it later today. I did get the booking confirmation to my email just not a receipt. I’ll have to keep an eye out on the email address!

Now I remember why we decided not to use Gear Fusion for our last non club level stay. I'm really uncomfortable doing business through Facebook.

Now I remember why we decided not to use Gear Fusion for our last non club level stay. I'm really uncomfortable doing business through Facebook.
It's not through Facebook. I just messages them through Facebook because I was already on their Facebook page looking at reviews. You can call or email too from their website. You book through their website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter