Gaycation?

jiminy.cricket

Chasing the magic
Hello,

I need to make a decision in the next month or so. We had made plans to attend our first Gay Days weekend this year. In short, things have changed and I am left with a free airline ticket and need to find lodging, which is probably sparse by now.

I am wondering if I should try to reroute my flight to my sister's graduation (she seems indifferent about my decision) or some other destination, or if I should stick with the original plan. On one hand, I'm not sure I still want to attend during the summer by myself. On the other hand, I wouldn't totally mind going either.

Any opinions? What are my options? What would you do? Thanks for any input!

I say stick with the original plan and go to Gay Days. Many people enjoy solo trips. I don't mind them too much. The main time I feel awkward is eating dinner at a sit-down. Feel strange sitting at a table by myself.

Plus there are many of us who will be down there during that time if you want someone to go to the parks with and stuff. I'll be down there the entire week. I have a local friend there but he has been ambivalent on his plans. If he wants to hang out, fine, but I'm planning my trip on the assumption I'll be there solo.

I'm going alone - And I'm a total slut! ;)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I went alone to Gay Days. It was fun. Stick with your plans. Treat yourself.:thumbsup2

Glad to see Wally is finally admitting it.:goodvibes

I've gone to WDW by myself and had a very enjoyable time. I'm not the world's biggest extrovert, but I talked to all sorts of people and families. I'd go solo again if I had the chance. Good luck!

I would LOVE to go during Gay Days alone and I'm straight!!!!

I think there are enough people from here, that if you got to know them, you could try to meet up to break up the 'alone' time!!!!!

Sounds like you need some time to just focus on yourself and have FUN!!!!

Go to Gay Days! ::yes::

Wally's gonna be hanging by the whip place. You could meet up with him there. :rolleyes1

Thanks for the input. The thing is it could be difficult since I'm not particularly slutty or outgoing. Sounds like a lot of you would enjoy flying solo, and I just can't picture that. It could be fun, though! I'm still wavering; thanks again.

Well, you could simply enjoy the time and use it to rejuvenate yourself! ::yes::

Do what you want, when you want. You don't have to be particularly outgoing. There will be opportunities to meet some of the folks who post here and you could do that, or not... as you please.

You could do a walk by and wave (as some of us have been known to do) if you wanted!!

And Wally isn't so very slutty... he just wants Rosie to think so. ::yes::

And Wally isn't so very slutty... he just wants Rosie to think so. ::yes::

I beg your pardon .... I have a certificate to prove it! :mad:
I worked hard for that!!!!
It's more fun then working soft. ;)

I beg your pardon .... I have a certificate to prove it! :mad:
I worked hard for that!!!!
It's more fun then working soft. ;)

Soft? And Wally in the same sentence??? Uhhh, who are you trying to kid, dude. And what did you do with OUR Wally ...

Soft? And Wally in the same sentence??? Uhhh, who are you trying to kid, dude. And what did you do with OUR Wally ...

no - I said I preferred working Hard to working soft.
:rolleyes1 Doesn't everyone?

I don't believe you have to be outgoing to enjoy alone time at Disney - and as for accommodations, I don't think it will be too hard to find a room. Sometimes you just have to say, Why not and give uncomfortable scenarios a try! What is the worst that can happen on a solo trip to the happiest place on Earth (filled with The Gays! :rotfl:)?

:thumbsup2

I don't believe you have to be outgoing to enjoy alone time at Disney - and as for accommodations, I don't think it will be too hard to find a room. Sometimes you just have to say, Why not and give uncomfortable scenarios a try! What is the worst that can happen on a solo trip to the happiest place on Earth (filled with The Gays! :rotfl:)?

:thumbsup2

Yeah - Really, What's the worse that can happen... :flower3:

That antibiotics can't clear up? :lmao:

Thanks for the input. The thing is it could be difficult since I'm not particularly slutty or outgoing. Sounds like a lot of you would enjoy flying solo, and I just can't picture that. It could be fun, though! I'm still wavering; thanks again.

Oh trust me, I'm neither slutty or outgoing. I'm surprised I enjoyed my mostly solo trip last year so much. It does have its perks. You can do what you want, when you want, at the pace you want. For me, just being at Disney is a great experience. I find it really relaxing and rejuvenating. It's nice to just take a leisurely stroll through the park or resort or something. At times I feel a little self-conscious. I'll look at couples or groups going around having fun and laughing and think how lame it is I'm there by myself. But then I just let the atmosphere of Disney kick back in and enjoy it. Then I'll also meet up with other DISers and then I'm one of those people in a group having fun and laughing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter