gay marriage

I'm really glad that this discussion has gotten to be more debatable. For a while it was one sided and now the other side has broken through and stated their opinions. That's what I wanted.

I just don't want any fights to break out of the thread and don't want anyones feelings to get hurt.

how dare you say that the bible is outdated! The stories are still aplicable today. Ancient things such as the golden rule, the foundation for all laws, and answers for many of your questions exist in the new bible. Both are in the new and old testement. It is the oldest, most sold, and the greatest book of all time. Nothing touches the bible. You cant come on hear and tell people what the should and shouldnt belive but i see you coming on here and bashing God and all those who belive in him.

How is it that she can't say the bible is outdated but you can say that it's the 'greatest book of all time', 'nothing touches it'.
you two obviously don't share the same beliefs, and you have no right to flame shelby for stating her beliefs, and then come and shove yours down our throats.
she had a perfectly legit example to back her arguement (how many christians/bible followers out there eat shrimp?), so i just don't think it's right that she can't state her opinions without such a harsh rebuttle.

p.s; please show us where she 'bashed God'???? :confused3

p.p.s; i do wish that SOMEONE who is against gay marriage would be so kind as to share with us why? (if not for religious reasons) :confused3
...not so we can tag-team flame you...i know i (and alot of other people) are just curious to hear your views.

I am a 100% supporter of all gay rights. Love is love, you can't stop that, and niether can no religion or politics!

-Dainan "I support, for some obvious reasons" Rafferty

How is it that she can't say the bible is outdated but you can say that it's the 'greatest book of all time', 'nothing touches it'.
you two obviously don't share the same beliefs, and you have no right to flame shelby for stating her beliefs, and then come and shove yours down our throats.
she had a perfectly legit example to back her arguement (how many christians/bible followers out there eat shrimp?), so i just don't think it's right that she can't state her opinions without such a harsh rebuttle.

p.p.s; i do wish that SOMEONE who is against gay marriage would be so kind as to share with us why? (if not for religious reasons) :confused3
...not so we can tag-team flame you...i know i (and alot of other people) are just curious to hear your views.
thank you caitlin.

...not so we can tag-team flame you...i know i (and alot of other people) are just curious to hear your views

I agree.
And about the comment towards gay people in the army.
If they are American they should be given the same right to fight in the army if they want too.
Who cares what gender they like. They are not aliens.:rolleyes:
IMO.

I'm curious as to this too.
Most people I know who are against it,are because of religious beliefs.

Ok. I don't support it for religious reasons. If I were old enough to vote, however, I wouldn't vote for or against it. I think that it's an issue that should be left out of politics, though some people may think differently. It's more of a moral issue than a political one. I don't know why the debate over people marrying the same sex has blown up into a huge political battle. I REALLY don't agree with it, and I believe that it is wrong, and I don't like how they're forcing their lifestyles on everyone else.

Ok. I don't support it for religious reasons. If I were old enough to vote, however, I wouldn't vote for or against it. I think that it's an issue that should be left out of politics, though some people may think differently. It's more of a moral issue than a political one. I don't know why the debate over people marrying the same sex has blown up into a huge political battle. I REALLY don't agree with it, and I believe that it is wrong, and I don't like how they're forcing their lifestyles on everyone else.

oh for the love of tap dancing bunnies tell me that you really didn't just say that.

you think they're bad wrong immoral sinners who shouldn't be allowed to live that way, yet YOU have problems with THEM forcing THEIR beliefs on YOU.

talk about a freakin double standard.

^^Why do you feel it's wrong? I know alot of gay people who don't even show it. You'd be suprised in fact. And what makes it allright for straight people to go around showing, so that's a bit hypocriticle. But the way I've been raised, I never understood how people can be so against other people's lifestyles and beliefs, when it has nothing to do with them!

-Dainan "Ask my boyfriend" Rafferty

Love is love. No matter what age (unless it's a 12 year old marrying a 45 yr old which is gross), race, height, weight or gender.

How dare she?
She can say what she likes. She believes the bible is outdated, so she can say that. Honestly, I think the bible is bull, and a lot of people do. But neither I, nor her are trying to 'convert you' like you aren't trying to convert us.

And I am most certain, that the PDA isn't countrywide. It depends on the set of rules for the state, the district, the school.

She attacked my religion and i think that that is wrong and shes basically calling all christians/catholics/people who belive in the bible that they are crazy people stuck in the past. I took offence to that. She can say what ever she likes but when she attacks my religion im goign to stand up for what i belive

Although some schools in in the US are strickter than others, people cant make out in class with out getting in trouble

I'll dare where I please, thank you very much. as I said in my OP, the bible calls eating shrimp an abomination unto the lord. Parts of it are outdated. you're telling me that I'm bashing people for believing in god? show me where. I dare you.

The men and women of the military CAN date each other (if they stay in their rank). They CAN show affection towards one another. get your facts straight before you pick a fight with me.

You are calling all people who belive in God crazy old people who are stuck in the past. I would also like to know where this "eating shrimp an abomination unto the lord" i would like the chapter, verse, and book. I have feeling that this quote is in the Old testement and in when the new testement came around a lot of the old rules changed.

I think you're taking the word affection to a different meaning than i am. I'm implying something more intimate than what your are thinking.

Yes correct i have no right to flame her beliefs, im guessing she is an athyest(sp) and i respect that. But i have every right to fight back when she flams my religion.

She called people who belive in the bible which technacally(sp) the book of God that we are crazy old people who are stuck in the past

I agree.
And about the comment towards gay people in the army.
If they are American they should be given the same right to fight in the army if they want too.
Who cares what gender they like. They are not aliens.:rolleyes:
IMO.

I'm curious as to this too.
Most people I know who are against it,are because of religious beliefs.

Your right our gay americans should have the right to be allowed into the army as long as they dont show the intimate attraction towards one another.

The bible can be used in all sorts of ways in this day and age. If the bible didn't apply to today, then Christianity really wouldn't exist. There are millions of followers who follow the book everyday. Now, it doesn't mean you have to take it litterally. Of course we can eat shrimp.

For me, marriage is a holy and sacred event that should happen between a man and a woman. If there are many different types of marriages, then the definition of marriage would change, which is shouldn't.

Hands down, I really do not want to live in a world filled with that, nor do I want a bunch or rapist, murders, liars, stealers, ect. But of course that isn't the way life is. It doesn't mean however that I have to think its ok.

To the person who said being gay/lesbian wasn't a choice, then what if a person was, but didn't want to live that lifestyle? What if they said no? I believe 100% it is a choice.

That probably didn't make much sense, because I wrote what I had off the top of my head. I just rambled. :)

(Flame suit is ready!!!!)

I'm not going to flame you. I accept all opinions and views for what they are. But for me, I didn't wake up one morning and say, "Allright, I like guys!" I've always been confused about my sexuality and have been scarred, since I was 12. But I've been in denial and afraid, and tried to hide and change it, believing it was a choice. But truthfully, it's not, at least for me it isn't. And it's been very recent that I've come to terms with my self. And my parents and siblings accept me for who I am, and truthfully, I only care what the people I love think about me. If a random jerk on the street came up to me and said, "Fly for me fairy boy!", I would ignore it, and go on my merry way. (And no, I'm not a flamer). In fact, I'm very secretive about it, and am scarred and confused, and mostly nerodic about the whole thing. So I have to put my foot down here and say that this was no choice of mine!

-Dainan "Spread the love for everyone :hippie: " Rafferty

But are you attracted to guys, or is it because maybe your a bit more effemanite? (sp?)

You seem really nice, and so I don't think you are a bad person at all. Now I may not agree with the lifestyle, but you are cool.

The bible can be used in all sorts of ways in this day and age. If the bible didn't apply to today, then Christianity really wouldn't exist. There are millions of followers who follow the book everyday. Now, it doesn't mean you have to take it litterally. Of course we can eat shrimp.

For me, marriage is a holy and sacred event that should happen between a man and a woman. If there are many different types of marriages, then the definition of marriage would change, which is shouldn't.

Hands down, I really do not want to live in a world filled with that, nor do I want a bunch or rapist, murders, liars, stealers, ect. But of course that isn't the way life is. It doesn't mean however that I have to think its ok.

To the person who said being gay/lesbian wasn't a choice, then what if a person was, but didn't want to live that lifestyle? What if they said no? I believe 100% it is a choice.

That probably didn't make much sense, because I wrote what I had off the top of my head. I just rambled. :)

(Flame suit is ready!!!!)

I know this is your opinion and I respect it but what about love?
What makes it so wrong if two guys are in love or if two girls are in love?
IMO. love is love. Doesn't the bible talk about love in general? I don't follow the bible so I really wouldnt know but wouldnt it talk about love in general?

And I have a question for everyone who does not support it.
If you had/have a gay friend or family member who was going to get married to their loved one would you give them your blessing and support them?J/W

Is it really love though? Or is it lust. That is a very fine line.

Yes, the bible does talk about love, but it also talks about loving the person, and not the sin. (Which I belive is gay marriage.)

I would support them, because they were my family. Would I agree with their choices. No.

Same way if my brother married a *****. lol

But are you attracted to guys, or is it because maybe your a bit more effemanite? (sp?)

You seem really nice, and so I don't think you are a bad person at all. Now I may not agree with the lifestyle, but you are cool.

You don't have to agree with me. And that's okay. but you are right, I am pretty damn cool:woohoo: !

-Dainan "Effeminaite, not really!" Rafferty

how dare you say that the bible is outdated! The stories are still aplicable today. Ancient things such as the golden rule, the foundation for all laws, and answers for many of your questions exist in the new bible. Both are in the new and old testement. It is the oldest, most sold, and the greatest book of all time. Nothing touches the bible. You cant come on hear and tell people what the should and shouldnt belive but i see you coming on here and bashing God and all those who belive in him.

I wouldn't be calling the steroytipic gay guy/girl the strongest in the world either though.

In the military guys and girls have different barracks/bunks/houses/sleeping areas. Mmmk? This is so they can not show affaction for one another. Why should gay people be allowed this right? There would be no place to put them. You cant have a gay only area or they will show affection and you cant put them in the guy/girl rooms because they can still show affection for each other. The military is for the protection of the country not a love story

People were kicked off the plan for making out. Straight people cant even do that so thats not discriminating(sp) against gays and theres always more the story than what is told or else the story would be boring.

Thing about the Olympics. You going to go sue the mentally challenged or the parapolegics??? Idk that sounds really cold harted me but hey who im to say whose cold harted???? I would really like to know why gay people cant compete in the rugular olympics. The Police Olympics have there own specific events not just doing the regular olympics such as skiing or curling. They do more shooting orientated(sp) games.

There are strict rules against PDA in all schools in all states. Doesn't matter if you straight or gay.

Did you know that a black couple kicked out of dennys, or that a couples kids got kicked out of class for swearing? How do you know that the couple wasnt making out and the two girls stratoling(sp) each other? If a regular couple did the same thing they would be kicked out as well.

Here. Let me put it simply. So maybe you can understand it, because your vocabulary doesn't seem to be at par with mine. Chastely means quickly, and not 'making out'. A chaste kiss is not an 'OMG! I love you, sooooo much I want to just do naughty things to you' kiss. It's an 'I'm going out to shop, I'll be back in a few hours. Bye.' type of kiss. I'm sure your parents have probably given each other chaste kisses infront of you (unless of course, all they do is make out).

About the Olympics. If they wanted the sue the creators of the "Gay Olympics" for a copyright violation, they should have, to be fair, sued every institution with the word "Olympics" in it. They shouldn't have sued just one organization. And yes, if I were going to do it, I'd do it right. If I wanted to sue the "Gay Olympics", I'd also sue the "Special Olympics" and so on. Nobody should be excluded just because they have a handicap.

As for PDA in schools...I don't reference that anywhere. At all. I think you're putting things out there that I never said. I said that a student was kicked out of Baylor University simply because he was gay, not because he engaged in some sore of illicit public activity with another guy. And the laws in Alabama, Mississippi, Arizona, South Carolina, and Texas have nothing to do with PDA at all. You can't talk about homosexuality in any of those states at school without facing punishment. Some of those states allow the discussion of homosexuality, but limit it to being strictly negative talk like 'OMG! Save us from those horrid gays that want to make us look fashionable!'

A black couple kicked out of Denny's is a left over facet of racism in the US (might I add, that the entire concept of blacks being a lesser race is due to the colonial interpretation of the Bible...). I'm not really that surprised over the kids being kicked out of class for swearing. That's not something that is usually allowed in schools. I've been asked to censor myself several times (and I've had to censor myself thoroughly in this post...). And I don't know that they weren't, but I'm going to consider my source valid and say that when they mean kiss, they mean a chaste one, and when they say sitting too close, I'm going to assume they mean near enough for one to rest her head on the shoulder of the other.

As for the military. I hate to break it to you, but not all gays are horndogs. They're not going to jump the first guy/girl they see. Did you know that a massive percentage of the women dishonorably discharged from the US armed forces under the accusation of being a lesbian, only had those charges brought up against them because they turned down a male servicemember who got his ego bruised (not saying all guys are like that, cause they aren't).

As for the bible, it may be the oldest book in the world, but I'm sure that there's a scroll or two documenting a story somewhere in the thousands of years before the bible came along. The Old Testament was written a long time ago, given. It was also written by the Jews, given. But if you look at it this way, IDEAS CHANGE. No single thought will ever be the same. To bring up an earlier statement, the idea that blacks were a subservient race in colonial america and thus were fit for enslavement comes directly from the bible and the story of Ham gazing upon his father Noah naked. Ham became cursed and thus his descendants cursed. Black was an evil color then and when the Europeans encountered the africans for the first time, they began to rationalize why these people's skin never lightened and they concluded that they must be the children of Ham. So, if we interpret the bible literally and never change our ideas, we should all (by your reasoning) be racists that think one person is superior becuase of their skin color. And I'm not bashing god in this, either. However, I have a feeling that if I were to tell you my religion, you would bash me for it simply because it is the anti-christianity. Even if you didn't do it on the boards, you would do it in your head.

I'm bisexual, and I have no problems with dating a girl or a boy, so long as I love them. I have no problem with straight couples, I think they're cute. I have no problem with gay couples, I think they're cute, too. Anybody that's in love with somebody else and can show that affection to the world is cute and real and should be allowed to marry whomever they wish.

*gets off her 5-gallon pickle drum*

She attacked my religion and i think that that is wrong and shes basically calling all christians/catholics/people who belive in the bible that they are crazy people stuck in the past. I took offence to that. She can say what ever she likes but when she attacks my religion im goign to stand up for what i belive

Although some schools in in the US are strickter than others, people cant make out in class with out getting in trouble

You are calling all people who belive in God crazy old people who are stuck in the past. I would also like to know where this "eating shrimp an abomination unto the lord" i would like the chapter, verse, and book. I have feeling that this quote is in the Old testement and in when the new testement came around a lot of the old rules changed.

I think you're taking the word affection to a different meaning than i am. I'm implying something more intimate than what your are thinking.

Yes correct i have no right to flame her beliefs, im guessing she is an athyest(sp) and i respect that. But i have every right to fight back when she flams my religion.

She called people who belive in the bible which technacally(sp) the book of God that we are crazy old people who are stuck in the past

Your right our gay americans should have the right to be allowed into the army as long as they dont show the intimate attraction towards one another.
before I cough up bible verses, you've still not shown me where I called any of you crazy, old, or stuck in the past. i'd like direct quotes please, because I have a feeling that you're not going to find me saying any of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter