Gavin's Wish Comes True!! MAW

I know exactly what one you are talking about!! BUT, I can't remember which one it is!! :confused3

Isnt it crazy I love that TR but have read so many I just cant remember which it was. Oh well. At least I know some one else read it and Im not crazy. :lmao:

I would drive from DHS to Epcot. It is pretty far to walk IMHO. Plus, if you walk then you have to walk back or take transportation back to get your car. If it is late and you are tired, it will be an added hassle. There is a bus and a boat BTW between the two. If you are going from DHS to Epcot and don't want to drive, then I would take the bus.

As for Peter Pan, I remember that TR too but can't place it right this minute. Peter Pan characters do meet and greets - it used to be over by POTC but now I hear it is near Peter Pan's Flight. It used to be Cpt Hook and Smee once an hour for about 15 minutes and Peter and Wendy once an hour for about 15 minutes. Times are usually between 10am and 5:30pm. Aladdin meets too in another spot in case Kia likes him!

Thanks Jen, I had forgotten we have to get BACK to our car. :rotfl: Im sure we'll figure it out. Probrably just dive it. Kia does like Alladin so hopefully we'll be able to run into at least some body she thinks is cute enough for a peck on the cheek. :goodvibes

I think Alyssa (ThatKid) met Peter and Wendy but I thought it was random, not a specific spot. Can't remember.

Thanks Melissa I'll have to go check out her TR again and see if there's a pic.

Sorry for the lack of updates the last few days. We've been having issues here unfortunatley after smelling a foul smell in my bedroom/bathroom. We discovered a black mold problem and have spent the last few days ripping out carpet, cutting holes in the walls and had to completley remove the bathroom vanity. :scared1: All that's left now is to cut out the subflooring and replace that, get a new vanity and put down tile instead. Needless to say this is not how I wanted to spend the week before we leave and my bedroom is such a mess I dont know how Im going to find anything to pack.
Im just glad that smell is gone. It was so horrible. The funny thing is we had no idea there was even a leak not to mention a Big leak and it happened so fast (the mold). We dont have the funds to replace everything right now so it will have to wait awhile. Hopefully after we get back we can at least replace the plumbing and bathroom vanity. I want my sink back :lmao:

On a good note, I was able to finally find me a pair of capris for the trip and DD a bathing suit. :thumbsup2 The weather here has been pretty nice the last few weeks (high 50's) nice for Wa in Feb. now Im hoping it's not nicer here than Fl when we go. Of course Im one of those crazy people that wear tank tops and flip flops in 50 degree weather so I should be fine. The funny thing is I was born and raised in So. Cali until I was 19 but have just acclimated way to well to the weather here. After 3 years of being constantly frozen :rotfl:

Hi
I had an issue with black mold once about 5 years. It was awful! Our insurance paid for the clean-up and to relace everything damaged. Look into your home-owners insurance, your policy may cover it.
I had trouble finding summer stuff here too. I finally started going to Salvation Army and found a few very cute pairs of shorts for all of us. I also went on EBAY for Mackenzie and have been buying her Disney princess short sets. I think I've bought three sets, and a princess jacket and spent less than $30 with shipping. One set even had matching socks and capri's. I guess you're a little too close for EBAY though, huh?
Is th eweather suppose to be chilly in FL this time of year? We assumed shorts, but maybe we should pack some pants too?

Hi
I had an issue with black mold once about 5 years. It was awful! Our insurance paid for the clean-up and to relace everything damaged. Look into your home-owners insurance, your policy may cover it.
I had trouble finding summer stuff here too. I finally started going to Salvation Army and found a few very cute pairs of shorts for all of us. I also went on EBAY for Mackenzie and have been buying her Disney princess short sets. I think I've bought three sets, and a princess jacket and spent less than $30 with shipping. One set even had matching socks and capri's. I guess you're a little too close for EBAY though, huh?
Is th eweather suppose to be chilly in FL this time of year? We assumed shorts, but maybe we should pack some pants too?

Hi Amber, I had just read something about filing it with insurance. Im going to have to look into it. They just started coming out with summer stuff here, last week. The kids are pretty set with their Big Give outfits and a few shots they aleady have.
Normally I think mid 70 for this time there but this year has been pretty cold for them and it's set for mid to upper 60's for the high and low 40's low at least for the first few days were there.

another thing about the mold is that if it isn't cleaned just so then it can come back, we had to have a professional mold remediator come out. Since the carpet was obviously ruined too, they gave us a carpet allowance, but Home Depot was having a sale on hardwood, and for the same price we put in new hard wood floors. They even replaced the vanity! The only disclaimer here is that I've read about insurance agencies jacking up premiums after a mold issue...or dropping clients alltogether. We didn't have that problem, in fact, we felt pretty happy with our insurance, but I guess it IS a possibility.
I just went to a 15 day forecast for WDW...looks pretty nice! Your right 70's and sun! I don't think we're going to see much summer clothes up here for a few more weeks, thank goodness for Value Village and Sally Ann's!

another thing about the mold is that if it isn't cleaned just so then it can come back, we had to have a professional mold remediator come out. Since the carpet was obviously ruined too, they gave us a carpet allowance, but Home Depot was having a sale on hardwood, and for the same price we put in new hard wood floors. They even replaced the vanity! The only disclaimer here is that I've read about insurance agencies jacking up premiums after a mold issue...or dropping clients alltogether. We didn't have that problem, in fact, we felt pretty happy with our insurance, but I guess it IS a possibility.
I just went to a 15 day forecast for WDW...looks pretty nice! Your right 70's and sun! I don't think we're going to see much summer clothes up here for a few more weeks, thank goodness for Value Village and Sally Ann's!

That would be so good if we got it covered. I'll have to make a call. I have a feeling ours would be one that would at least up our premiums though.:sad1:
I love Value Village but we dont have one close by anymore. Where did you find a 15 day forecast??

Holy moly about the mold! NOT what you want to be dealing with the week before your trip. But I guess better than having to deal with it as soon as you return, right? I forgot about the whole getting back thing, too.:rotfl:

I feel for you Jennifer. We are in the process of laying ceramic tile in our bathroom, laundry room, and master closet. Not exactly what I wanted to be doing the week before leaving either, but then again, since I can't pack, what else am I supposed to do? :confused3:rotfl: When my husband finds his round to it, I've learned to go with the flow. Sorry to hear about the mold. We had that in a rental house one time. When our landlord refused to take care of it, we bought our house. Thank goodness we didn't have to do all that work!

Holy moly about the mold! NOT what you want to be dealing with the week before your trip. But I guess better than having to deal with it as soon as you return, right? I forgot about the whole getting back thing, too.:rotfl:

The bad thing is we'll probrably still have work to do when we get back
:sad2: Oh well Im just glad we caught it before it started spreding to the walls.

I feel for you Jennifer. We are in the process of laying ceramic tile in our bathroom, laundry room, and master closet. Not exactly what I wanted to be doing the week before leaving either, but then again, since I can't pack, what else am I supposed to do? :confused3:rotfl: When my husband finds his round to it, I've learned to go with the flow. Sorry to hear about the mold. We had that in a rental house one time. When our landlord refused to take care of it, we bought our house. Thank goodness we didn't have to do all that work!

So you are feeling my pain. I hate being without my bathroom. I guess Im pretty spoied :goodvibes

Thanks for the link. It looks like it warms up a bit so MAYBE a little bit of swimming.

I love accuweather! :laughing: Jennifer..I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all that right before your trip...if you're worried about the walls at all, just mix a solution of 10 pts water to 1 pt bleach and spray it on anything you may be worried about. We had to do that here before we started working on everything, I know exactly what you're going through with having to rip out subflooring and all that jazz! Just keep thinking to yourself "I'm going to Disney, I'm going to Disney"..and try not think.. Oh my gosh we're leaving in 7 days..I'm never going to be ready!! :lmao: :hug:

5 more days!! :cool1::woohoo: The house is so full of excitment all ready. This week has gone by so fast. I think we have pretty much everything we need for the trip. I made a trip to Wal Mart yesterday and got ear plugs, dramamine and a few little things. I was getting worried about Gavin and the plane with his tendency to have huge meltdowns so I talked to his ped and he's going to call in a px for something to calm him for the ride :worship: This is such a relief. I have all the kids outfits in ziplocks (just have to add socks and undies). Kids carry ons are packed they just need to add their DS, leapster games. After we get our luggage on Sunday and throw everything in I think we'll be all set. Also my mom is coming up Sunday to stay and watch the dogs so Monday we'll go shopping for some groceries while she's here.
I have some very sweet neighbors who got together and got me a gift certificate to a local spa to go get a mani,pedi for the trip :love:so I have to squeeze that in. I have been putting off makeing an appointment. For some reason Im really nervous, never been to a spa before.
One question I have is what are, have you guys taken for food on the plane?? I really dont want to buy airplane food but we leave at 9:30 am and dont get to Orlando until 8pm with only a little over an hour layover. Is that enough time to eat in Dallas? Im thinking take snacks with us but really the kids are going to have to have than snacks in 11 1/2 hours.

So excited for you guys!!! :banana: It's almost time!!

How SWEET of your neighbors!! Go get that mani/pedi ... you deserve it!! :)

I'm bringing a ton of food on the flight, due to medical necessity. However, in researching this, I seem to remember that they will allow FOOD to be brought on -- just not LIQUIDS. Just make sure you look it up on the TSA webpage for the latest....to make sure they haven't changed that!

So excited for you all!!!

Ohh enjoy yourself!! I had a pedi once and oh my did it spoil me! I am not too sure about the food on the plane. But that would be a long time without somthing filling in the tummy. I hope they allow something to be brought.

Woohoo for the spa treatment! I think that would be a great thing for you on Monday! :goodvibes: As far as plane food..we're packing lots of snacks, and are planning to eat lunch during our layover. Ours is longer than yours though..maybe pack some sandwiches or something for everyone? As long as it isn't liquid or liquidy..ie..applesauce, yogurt, you should be fine! Only 5 more days!!!

Thanks for the tips girls. I think we will either pack some sandwiches or possibly grab something during our layover to eat on the second half of the trip. Heck I'll probrably do both.
We got Gavin's ativan px and they wanted us to try it out before the trip so we gave it to him last night. It really didnt seem to do anything to him but he wasnt having anxiety. :confused3 How would I know if it's the right dosage.
Well the kids are going to a swimming party today and then we have our send off tomorrow night :cool1: Then only 2 day left. :goodvibes

Thanks for the tips girls. I think we will either pack some sandwiches or possibly grab something during our layover to eat on the second half of the trip. Heck I'll probrably do both.
We got Gavin's ativan px and they wanted us to try it out before the trip so we gave it to him last night. It really didnt seem to do anything to him but he wasnt having anxiety. :confused3 How would I know if it's the right dosage.
Well the kids are going to a swimming party today and then we have our send off tomorrow night :cool1: Then only 2 day left. :goodvibes

Hey Jennifer,

Brigitte takes Ativan too. She is on .5mg but is only 12k. We give it to her as a rescue med if she is having alot of anxiety. I notice it takes about 30min for it to kind of kick in for her....and she gets a little sleepy.

Can't wait to hear about the send off!!

Only a couple more days!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Hurray for the mani-pedi! What nice neighbors. I can't believe how ready you are. I will try to follow your example. :lmao:

If you are on time and your departing flight is not far from your arriving flight's gate, an hour will be enough to grab food, but if you have any delays or you have to go to the other end to the next gate it won't be enough time. I'd pack lots of snack that you can use later in the week if you don't end up needing them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter