gas prices?

mitymott

Mouseketeer
What are the current gas prices for gas around wdw? I'm trying to decide whether or not to let the rental co. fill it up for 1.60/gal. Last time I didn't and pd 1.58 Thanks for any info.

Phil & Gail
Caribbean Beach April 96
AS Music May 00
BWV Dec 00
WLV May 01
BWV Dec 01

We filled up Friday at the station beside BWV. It was $1.58 a gallon (I think.) So I would say just let the rental company fill it - be a lot less hassle! Enjoy your trip!

Rental agencies often do not charge what gas stations charge, they should say in your contract how much they will charge you if you return your car with less gass than when you pick it up, the last time I rented one last year, my price was over $3.00 a gallon when gas was only $1.70
Look at your contract and the decide if you can spare 5 minutes at the gas station or if you want to pay for them to get it for you.

Last November, we filled up on the way to the airport, outside of WDW, and squeezed every last drop we could into the gas tank so that it would still read "full". Just take note of all the gas stations on your way from the airport, so you will know where the last possible one is before you return the car. We took the south exit to Hwy. 417 to Hwy. 536 and I saw another gas station at the Home Depot exit reasonably close to MCO, so if you go that route from the airport, you might want to keep an eye out for that gas station. We will go to that one the next time we rent a car, it's closer than the one we used.

We drove down this March and paid 1.379 in Kissimmee and 1.369 in Wildwood, Florida. I believe I saw it was about 1.639 in WDW!

Julie

off-site '86,'87
DXL July 00
DXL November 00 (no kids)
off-site March 01
CSR & ASMu July 01

[This message was edited by TimNDansMom on 03-28-01 at 10:01 AM.]

[This message was edited by TimNDansMom on 03-28-01 at 10:02 AM.]

Well it will depend on where you fill your tank. Current prices in the Kissimmee area are appr. $1.349 but if you do it up at crossroads or in WDW you can pay up to $1.699 (this was just the other night price). The going rate around the Orlando area is anywhere between $1.329 to $1.459...the higher being over by Universal or Sea World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter