Gardengrocer or Wegoshop

scootert

DIS Veteran
We're thinking about NOT renting a car this time and using one of the grocery delivery services. Any preferences on which one?? Thanks

I think if you use the search on the DIS you will see many posts for each.

I chose wegoshop because the posts I read, I liked the personal attention those posters posted about. I liked being able to get beer and wine - and I liked being able to call and confirm (does garden grocer do the same - probably)

wegoshop, the day we left, blizzard. I called wegoshop when I realized I had forgotten coffee filters, no problems. DH likes Sam Adams and knew they do different kinds - so I told them, whatever. They had just started a new brew and dh loved that they picked it for him! They delivered to our door within 15 min (and again, if you read, sometimes they leave at luggage storage - and I'm sure garden grocer does the same) I also wanted a cake to celebrate - I read the threads on the restaurant board but didnt want to spend $50+ knowing we'd have leftovers - I checked publix - called wegoshop - called Publix to order our cake - - and it all was seemless!

so we'll be using wegoshop again.

Both are excellent services. We prefer WeGoShop because we like specific items and have family members that have food allergies. WeGoShop will go to the store you want and select specific items. I also liked being able to check Publix's ad online and add any fresh produce that was on sale.

Another vote for wegoshop - I love that they'll shop where we want them to.

We've used Garden Grocer multiple times and have been very pleased. They have products on their site, and you can go choose what you want and add it to your cart. I've also made special requests when I placed an order, and they were more than willing to accommodate it.

Based on the comments from folks on the Disboards, I wouldn't hesitate to use either company. I think it's just a matter of do you want to quickly pick from a pick list (Garden Grocer) or do you prefer to come up with your own list and customize your order (WeGoShop).

Thanks everyone -- sounds like either company will do a great job. We're taking DD, DSIL and the grandchildren next year. We really didn't want to rent a car just to get groceries so this is a great alternative. Appreciate everyone's feedback...

We've used both (with beer and cider added for each as well), and we prefer Garden Grocer. The prices were within a dollar or two of each other, but with Garden Grocer we like that they would just deliver our order to Bell Services. We didn't like having to wait around to meet WeGoShop with our order. :)

Another vote for the Garden Grocer. :thumbsup2

We ordered from them in October and everything was perfect in every way. We also loved the Chef Fabio's frozen dinners. Don't be afraid to try them. They are not the same as eating out, but for the $6.99 per dinner price, we thought they were good and nutritious.

We will be placing another order with them for our January trip in just 51 days.

But as everyone said..... you can't go wrong with either.

Good luck with your planning. :)

Just wondering - how far in advance do you have to place orders with either of them?

We are wegoshop fans...I like the fact that they'll bring beer and wine along with the groceries and they are good about special requests. I've told this story before on disboards - but once when we forgot our stroller we called and they stopped at Costco for use and picked up an inexpensive stroller. I've always had good service and plan to use them in the future!!

but we did try WeGoShop for the first time two weeks ago and we loved it! They bought the brands we asked for, shopped the store we asked them to, bought sale items when we didn't specify a brand and made a trip to the liqour store for us. This saved us big bucks over checking two bags down and back. We called and asked to change delivery time since our room was ready and they were there within minutes of the rescheduled time :))

Thanks Amy and Cathy!

We've used both (with beer and cider added for each as well), and we prefer Garden Grocer. The prices were within a dollar or two of each other, but with Garden Grocer we like that they would just deliver our order to Bell Services. We didn't like having to wait around to meet WeGoShop with our order. :)

I am just the opposite, I prefer they deliver to my room. I go over the order and the original receipt from the store with the wegoshop shopper. They give you a 30 minute delivery window vs a 2 hour delivery window with Garden Grocer.
I highly recommend wegoshop.
I agree with others, both are reputible

wegoshop all the way....love them! Love being able to pick the store and our regular brands of things!! My DSis loves getting the receipt to look over and as she is a picky eater, loves getting her regular stuff just like at home! And love them to deliver to the room, that way I get to have most of my time for vacation and not for grocery shopping!!

We have been using wegoshop yearly for the past 5 or 6 years. You pay grocery store prices and only a small shop and delivery fee.

WeGoShop will go to the store you want and select specific items.

They were more than willing to accommodate any special requests.

GREAT service!

***We have never used gardengrocer

We used garden grocer our last few trips, and have been very pleased with their service.

We have used both, and we prefer Wegoshop....Amy is very easy to work with and she is very prompt. I prefer to have a more personal service, and they are willing to go above and beyond. Excellent customer service!

Nothing was wrong with Garden Grocer, just not that personalized service or touch, but each to their own!

Melissa

Just FYI wegoshop will deliver to bell services - we did this last time & on our upcoming trip. They will charge you 10% of your order amount as a tip.

We just had a very bad experience with wegoshop. Poor communication from Amy, flat out rude, and unaccomodating. We were chastised for waiting too long to order (we were told most people order 4-6 weeks in advance). We could not get an email or phone call back to confirm or let us know they could not take our order. After we finally got to speak with her, Amy went on and on about how busy she was and was working 14 hour days. That's fine, and I understand. The solution is to simply stop taking orders and quit stringing people along. We had lost the opportunity to use another service so we had to use them, but it definitely left a very sour taste in my mouth and was a horrible way to start a vacation. Be warned that this is a small company that apparently cannot handle much business (we were there during a very slow week).

We'e used both and much prefer hassle-less Garden Grocer. I had a bad experience with wegoshop. I had to coordinate a meeting time, got the groceries, and brought them up to the room. Not fun! Everything was there. We left and went to one of the parks. She called a short while later and left a few messages on my cell phone saying she hadn't had her coffee yet and didn't calculate correctly thus shorting herself a tip.

We had to leave the park and go back to the hotel to meet up with her to give her her tip. I understand she deserved a tip, but I felt harassed and annoyed by the way it was handled. I would have preferred a message explaining I owed more money and for me to call at MY convenience. Well she got her tip, but I won't ever deal with them again! I much prefer the ease of Garden Grocer! Online ordering and delivered to Bell Services with the tip included during the checkout process. Garden Grocer will also deliver alcohol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter