Garden Grocer Problems

I am considering canceling my order. This is not the first post of this type. There is another long one about bad GG service on a DVC board thread. I don't want to have to worry about hit or miss service on vacation.

I'm in the same boat - I may cancel today if I don't feel satisfied after talking w/them. I've delayed cancelling because they were very nice about rescheduling our delivery and not charging a restocking fee after we had to cancel our May trip the day prior to leaving. I've only had great customer service up until July. A previous poster said they might be victims of their own success and I agree 100%.

we have used GG 6 times in 2 years and have had stellar service, I wouldnt use anyone else, everything was delivered, the orders were exact and delivered in COLD bags(designed to keep things colder longer) and the resorts kept the cold bags in their fridges. In march, even the paper bags were cold, as if they too had been kept cold! We used the cold bags for ice all week! Loved it! Items were always delivered right to our rooms in the time frame we specified! Its the only way to go!!

We cancelled our order! DH called them just a few minutes ago. GG said they did not receive any of the 4 emails from me. They also said they didn't receive the prior email informing them of our change from OKW to Poly which they replied back to. So needless to say - DH was not happy and neither am I. So we decided to cancel our order and go somewhere else. And if its too late to get someone else I'll take a taxi to get our stuff - I will not contact them again. I think they're so busy they can't keep up. I will agree that our order was confusing but I made the emails so simple. I guess it didn't matter that I emailed them because they never rec'd them.:mad: Which I highly doubt - everyone else I've emailed have rec'd their emails no problem.

Oh well - I wish you all luck w/your groceries. For those of you who haven't already - CALL THEM don't hope they have it right! :mad:

Here is a link to the problem I had with them and the continued lousy service since. I still have never received any kind of reply to my complaints about their service.

showthread.php

Well I guess I'm going to have to eat my words. After discussing these threads w/dh we will probably not be using GG again unless we hear reports that things have changed.

At least you know before you get there that things weren't right and you have to make other arrangements/plans. Still, not good at all!

Here is a link to the problem I had with them and the continued lousy service since. I still have never received any kind of reply to my complaints about their service.

showthread.php

Wow - just had the time to read that thread. Amazing - I am so glad we cancelled our order. I placed an order w/wegoshop - hopefully things go better there. The one thing I really liked about GG is that if you paid w/a cc they'd leave the groceries w/Bell Services. Not sure if wegoshop does that or not - I've asked but no reply yet. We really don't want to wait around for groceries when we arrive - we want to explore the parks.

ETA: wegoshop will leave w/front desk when paying w/a credit card; cold items will be kept cold by bell services; Marge (coowner) seems very nice and made me feel very confident that everything will be delivered just fine.

UPDATE Sept. 8, 2007

We did not get our whole order. We are really disappointed with Garder Grocer!

We were missing over 7 things!!

This makes me very nervous! We have 1 week until our vacation! The communication has been poor on Garden Grocer's part.

This makes me very nervous! We have 1 week until our vacation! The communication has been poor on Garden Grocer's part.

I would definitely call them asap. If you're not satisfied switch to wegoshop. Although this is our first working w/them it was nice to talk w/someone who cared & I could tell she was very organized. And she also was very concerned w/how I felt leaving my cc# w/her. She reinforced that she is the only one that sees credit card info & not to worry. But we'll see how it goes - I do feel better having switched!

UPDATE Sept. 8, 2007

We did not get our whole order. We are really disappointed with Garder Grocer!

We were missing over 7 things!!

Sorry to hear that - hopefully you informed them & they've brought the missing items to you. They should do that.

I just cancelled my order with GG. We decided to rent a car instead. The customer service was absolutely horrible. I called with a simple question and the girl who answered the phone was rude, she insisted I email. I emailed and my email went without a reply for a week. After sending a second email, I finally got a reply. I then sent an email to cancel my order asking for a email reply to confirm, this to went without any acknowledgement from GG for several days. My last follow-up email to GG requested some reply to show it was cancelled, finally it too was answered.

We have used GG in the past without a problem, but after this experience it turned me off. There have been several simlar threads about people with issues. Looks like we will be renting a car from now on.

Mrs. Disney Ron

Ack, this has me so worried. I have a little guy and will NEED my items, including diapers. And I prepaid with CC. I never received an emailed confirmation either and so I emailed them asking and just got a single sentence reply "Yes, we got it, your (sic) all set"

Has anyone at all has a GOOD experience recently? Should I call a few days before to confirm everything?

I think we're going to re-think our plans for December. This makes me too nervous..

Ack, this has me so worried. I have a little guy and will NEED my items, including diapers. And I prepaid with CC. I never received an emailed confirmation either and so I emailed them asking and just got a single sentence reply "Yes, we got it, your (sic) all set"

Has anyone at all has a GOOD experience recently? Should I call a few days before to confirm everything?

I have a DS (11 months). I had a good size list of baby items. I just felt like with the poor customer service I got and negative feedback from others, we were just better off cancelling. With small one's like our :cloud9: DSs, I could not chance them screwing up.

I used them in March 2007. For that delivery all of my baby stuff was ok, but they told me they could not find any brand of diet ginger ale?!?!?!?!?! :confused3

I found the lack of reply to emails so frustrating, with our trip quickly appoaching.

I hope you have success with GG and have a magical trip!
Mrs. Disney Ron

I called them. I wanted to know what was charged to my credit card and informed them about the missing items. They offered to deliver them but we declined. I was sick of dealing with them.

I called them. I wanted to know what was charged to my credit card and informed them about the missing items. They offered to deliver them but we declined. I was sick of dealing with them.

I don't blame you! They really have some work to do - I think the first step would be in firing the "lady" who answers the phone or getting her some customer service training. She pretty much implied we were lying - very upsetting.

She said she would credit our account within 72 hours - well thats today and guess what? I don't see a credit yet but since its Sunday I'll wait & see if its posted to my account tomorrow.

We had no problems with them for our delivery to the Ft Wilderness Cabins. I did everything via email and got confirmations rather quickly. Sounds like they are having some issues with their customer service but I think you will be okay as long as you have your confirmation.

We cancelled our order! DH called them just a few minutes ago. GG said they did not receive any of the 4 emails from me. They also said they didn't receive the prior email informing them of our change from OKW to Poly which they replied back to. So needless to say - DH was not happy and neither am I. So we decided to cancel our order and go somewhere else. And if its too late to get someone else I'll take a taxi to get our stuff - I will not contact them again. I think they're so busy they can't keep up. I will agree that our order was confusing but I made the emails so simple. I guess it didn't matter that I emailed them because they never rec'd them.:mad: Which I highly doubt - everyone else I've emailed have rec'd their emails no problem.

Oh well - I wish you all luck w/your groceries. For those of you who haven't already - CALL THEM don't hope they have it right! :mad:

I haven't gotten any email replies and I'm tired of worrying about it so I just send a cancelation email. I wonder if they will respond to that:rolleyes:

I called Marge from wegoshop.com and she seemed like a very nice lady. You can actually get ahold of her so that is a plus:thumbsup2 I used the garden grocer website to make my grocery list for wegoshop :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter