Garden Grocer Delivery

agriffith

Mom of 2 Princesses!
Hello all! We will be checking in next Saturday, renting a camper. I am scheduling a Garden Grocer delivery, but wanted to see if anyone could offer some advice on which delivery time slot. We will arrive at MCO at 10;30, and have completed online registration for FW. The only requests that we made was for shade and early check-in, if it was available. We are guessing that we will arrive at the Fort around 12:00. We are scheduled to meet family in the late afternoon/early evening at DS. My question is: Should I schedule the 8-12 delivery window so our groceries are there and we can get them as soon as the camper is set up, or the 12-4 and risk that we have already left to meet our family by the time it may be delivered? TIA for any insight that anyone can share!

PS...We are so SUPER excited for our first experience at FW!

agriffith, I see 4 scenarios possible:

1. I can't guess when the camper might be set up but when I think about it, if you or the trailer aren't there yet, the Fort has a cooler that can keep your groceries cold till you arrive and pick them up.
2. If the rental trailer is there and set up already but you aren't there, I'm not sure how GG would get into the trailer to stash the food in the fridge (in a fridge which is probably still cooling down since it would have been plugged in recently).
3. If you the trailer is set up and you are there, it all works.
4. If the trailer is set up and you have already come and gone, back to option #2 (how does GG get into the trailer).

To play it safe, I would have the groceries delivered to the Fort check-in building and you get them sometime that day. For those reading, if you rent a cabin, Disney will let GG into your pre-assigned cabin before you arrive and put the food in the fridge for you. But it's Disney's cabin and not a vendor's plus the fridge is cold (trailer fridges take a few hours to cool down after the initial plug-in unless the vendor has it running on propane (which I doubt)).

Good luck with your upcoming visit!

Bama Ed

Even when you have a cabin, the groceries are sometimes held at bell services. They may get delivered before the cabin is ready.
Do they deliver to tent sites
Garden grocer delivers to the fort so yes you can get groceries delivered if you have a tent site.

I guess it comes down to when you need the goodies from GG. Our last trip we arrived late morning to a rental camper and I didn't feel like hanging around waiting for some food. I played it safe and asked for first delivery the next morning, they arrived at 8am we loaded the frig and off to the MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter