Garage sales & ebay & school auctions OH MY!

anewvance

<font color=red>Who needs a birthday for birthday
Yesterday was a marathon day for me. I woke up at 6am for our community garage sale. Out of 350 families, 8 showed up. Plus they didn't open it to the public so it was only community members and it rained the whole time. So needless to say we brought ALOT of stuff to Goodwill. But I managed to make $38! We were out there from 7am-12pm. Got back from Goodwill at 1pm where I worked on ebay mailing labels until 3:30 where I had to start getting ready for my girls school auction where my dh and I were volunteering. It's a huge event held every year (too expensive to go to at $150 a person, yikes) so we volunteer because we need 15 hours a year for the school. We ended up working the auction from 5pm to MIDNIGHT!!! But besides being very tired and sore, we had a good time. Plus we were given bidder numbers to actually be able to bid on the silent auction as we were doing bid control. So I came away with a brand new Vera Bradley Spectator Bermuda Pink purse for $38, I've wanted one for a long time now and not only supported the school, I got it for around $20 less then retail. LoL, notice it was $38, made $38 at the garage sale so I worked for my purse darn it! Also got the baby a pair of Ralph Lauren shorts for $5, regularly $38.50 , my mom a nordstroms scarf for $5, regularly $40.00 and I got a hair cut and blow dry from a salon over in Palm Beach for $12.50, regularly $80!! So I did well and am happy with my purchases. Paying for it today, I am hurting so bad... all the running around like mad to get the stuff people won together and wrapped up..yikes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter