• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gameboy for 4 year old??

BevS97

disney scrapper
As I have mentioned a few 100 times! We are flying KLM this year, and they don't have seatback tvs. This isn't a problem for Phil and I, but I have a feeling Katie is going to be a very fidgety thing.

I was thinking about getting her a gameboy (I would love to get her a tiny DVD player, but finances won't stretch that far) but I'm not sure if she will be able to manage it or not.

She can use the PC and is quite compentent with a mouse etc, and loves PC games but she's never used a gameboy before.

does anyone know where I could get one reasonably cheap - I don't think we would need the latest model, just something that will keep her occupied for 6 or 7 hours! and some simple games which are not at all scary!

any suggestions?

Bev

Bev,

They have them in Comet for £64.97 which is slightly cheaper than buying in the US. Toys r us are charging $89.99 + tax. Game boy colour is £49.00. Wow they've certainly come down in price. We bought in the US a set of ear blasters (headphones) and a light you plug in. Games in the us are $28.99 so it's cheaper to get them over there.

We couldn't part Cameron from ours when we were over there and it kept him amused whilst we were in the car aswell ;)

Lisa

Sorry, the games Cameron has are Super Mario, Rugrats, Monsters Inc and I think Toy Story.

Lisa

Hi Bev

see if you can get a second hand Game Boy. There should be lots of them about now that GBA is out - although my two boys have got both and wont give the old one up.

As for games, Andrew has had a gameboy since he was 4 and loves it. You can get really "young" games for them like Bob the Builder, Noddy and I am sure Tweenies. I would stick to those games for Katie though, because Andrew does get frustrated with anything complicated which a lot of the better games are.

Bet you get her one and she doesn't play with it all the way through the flight though - LOL. You just can't predict what will keep them occupied can you. My boys didn't touch their game boys all the way over to florida, although we did have seat back tvs to amuse them.

Hi Bev,

There is someone selling one on QXL for £25 including 2 games. A bit of a bargain, I think also WHS are selling theirs for £59.99 this offer is on for the next 10 days.

There is also loads for sale on ebay and freeserve auctions.

Good luck

Lisa

My 4 year old has a gameboy (It was his older brothers but then he got a GBA).

We have managed to get quite a few games for him.

He has the Tweenies, Elmo counting, Toy Story and Monsters Inc.

My local computer game shop has a large selection and some are quite educational. I would suggest letting your daughter play with it before the holiday though, as at first my DS was quite frustrated trying to work it.

my mum has given me my brother's old gameboy (it's VERY old) and it's just in black and white - he had a few games for it, but they aren't really suitable for Katie (tetris, QXL, Golf, Car Racing thing spring to mind) - is it possible to get pre-school games for the black and white model or is this not going to be much use?

Bev

Bev

I think that the colour games WILL play on a B & W gameboy so you should be OK. A games shop should be able to tell you though, as I might have remembered it the wrong way round ie B & W games will play on the colour:(

Soory Bev, thats not much help is it

:)

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter