FYI RE: "Double Dipping"

Fairness and unfairness aside, Disney is testing Magic bands because they want real data. If you are "double dipping," you are obscuring the data. Their test results are no longer accurate when you're using both systems.

No.

I knew I should have printed things out. As I went through the process to set up MBs and FP+s it clearly told me that I could do both. Why on earth woul we sign up to be guinea pigs without also having the ability to do things normally as well?

Shoot......I'm not even there yet and my account won't let me book fastpass plus yet simply due to the fact I had undercover tourist tickets and their system has bugs accepting it. I was told if not resolved before I get there then guest services would have to fix it.

Sorry....but if it's still in testing stage and I have to be inconvenienced by going to get things resolved I will have absolutely no problem pulling paper fastpasses.

Fairness and unfairness aside, Disney is testing Magic bands because they want real data. If you are "double dipping," you are obscuring the data. Their test results are no longer accurate when you're using both systems.

I don't think this is the case at all. I think they're testing the MBs because they want to discover the kinks, not see who is using what FPs. They already know who is using what FPs and have been amassing that data for years at this point; they know patterns, they know amounts, they know how fast they go, they know about big crowds and small crowds and holiday crowds and....

They've got to work out the kinks with the BANDS working, not the fastpasses. I don't think any data has been obscured unless you have the MB and FP+ and you just put them in your bag and don't use them for anything, including park entrance, FP, charging, etc.

I don't think this is the case at all. I think they're testing the MBs because they want to discover the kinks, not see who is using what FPs. They already know who is using what FPs and have been amassing that data for years at this point; they know patterns, they know amounts, they know how fast they go, they know about big crowds and small crowds and holiday crowds and....

They've got to work out the kinks with the BANDS working, not the fastpasses. I don't think any data has been obscured unless you have the MB and FP+ and you just put them in your bag and don't use them for anything, including park entrance, FP, charging, etc.

I totally agree with this. The "data" on FP+ would be rather meaningless right now anyway with only a small percentage of guests participating in the test. I'm not sure what "data" the PP could be referring to?

I want to know how people are comparing the GAC and the Fastpass. Those people that get the GAC to think they get gain over everyone is ignorant, I believe Disney should have a way to input your information in a computer when receiving a GAC and your party that way if they are over heard or seen by a Cast Member that they are abusing the system Disney should allow the Cast Member to take the GAC and put with that persons name that they have abused it and to not receive another one. Yes I have read all the stuff on the new disabilities system and it makes since. I myself have to use the GAC and for many rides the past year or so they have used this system. Disney doesn't advertise the GAC system. It is only to help those who need it, even then if people who use the GAC will say unless they truely need it they use the fastpass instead. With the GAC you wait in the regular line except some of the older rides for example at Magic Kingdom.

For the new fastpass system I was told by the person from Disney helping me set it up that, you can still use the KTTW. Many people say its unfair but really how is anyone without the Magic Band getting as many fastpass as they want fair over those who have only 3. If Disney says its ok and out right say use both I believe that you should after all Disney sets the rules for this product. Disney gives you both for a reason and because the Magic Bands are still in testing there is no data that is accurate because of the kinks in the system. I think that Disney is really seeing how many people decide they like them and if they think it will really all work in the future.

LittleMissMagic said:

Disney doesnt want data at this point, they want load.

They need to be sure their system will hold together when a park full of people are using it.

They want to find out where their wifi is deficient under real world conditions.

They can't get this info by havi.g a couple dozen IT peeps roam the park testing it. Something like this they will roll out in stages untill 100% up and running.

One thing they dont care about from the mb/fp+ test, is how many people want to ride a ride or whatever.

I don't often respond to people like you on the DIS but I couldn't bite my tongue on this one.

You really need to take a long, hard look out of your window at the world. I am from the UK and our chances to get over to WDW are few and far between due to finances, work and travel. I have worked hard to be able to do our forthcoming trip and give my children a truly magical time.

Will they care if we have FP+ and MB's - NO! They want the magic and I am going to make sure they get it.

Also, there are so many people that dream of being able to do a WDW trip and stay on resort. They would just love to be there - full stop! FP+, No FP+ or MB. They would just love to have the opportunity to step on a plane and enjoy everything Disney has to offer.

So what if double dipping is going on - it's a test period - there is always going to be a grey area.

But you throwing your toys out of the pram like you are some privilaged human being really gets on my nerves.

You should be grateful that you do get to do Disney at all - it's something so many people will only ever be able to dream of.

You attitude stinks!

^^^ this

And by they way bring you old cards and tickets and you can double dip too. Or if you're as "lucky "as this mb tester you can have your kttw cards this trip printed at least ten times bc of the messed up system.

I really should've just used all the cards we got and been fp Santa.

But I didn't.

But we did use our working cards And mb

Muahahahha

Before our resort was added to FP+ I e-mailed Disney to voice my opinion with the double dipping and received an e-mail reply and phone call that yes in deed double dipping was allowed. If that's the policy the CMs need to lose the attitude about it towards guests.

Curious what opinion you voiced to them regarding double dipping and if it changed once your resort was added :lmao:

I believe you still need a KTTW card for things like EMH.

We just used our bands for emh but the bands do not work half the time for many people *us* so it's vital to keep your kttw with you. They even told us at check in to keep them just in case.

Don't leave home without them folks mb is unpredictable...

Btw those complaining about the mb people pulling fp- what about the many people reporting complete losses of their fp+ choices or those whose bands stopped working for certain things- should they just not be allowed any fp at all?

I'm curious what exactly the snarky comment was that the CM made.

At TSM, a female CM said "Oh cool... You're double-dipping. That's against the rules you know."

At ToT, a male CM said "I'm going to allow you to hang on to those FastPasses, but since you're using MB's, you're not allowed to use both systems."

Normally I would stand there and argue with them, but September crowds aren't what they used to be... ;)

We were magic band testers last week (loved them!) and I pulled paper fastpasses for Toy Story Mania and we also used fastpass+ for it. The CM standing by the fastpass machine didn't say a word about our magic bands.

:lmao:

At ToT, a male CM said "I'm going to allow you to hang on to those FastPasses, but since you're using MB's, you're not allowed to use both systems."

no-power.gif

I believe you still need a KTTW card for things like EMH.

Also at storm along bay need for pool access. Here now, and they stated this.

Also CM is outta line, I called 2 times with questions. Both times I was crystal clearly told use room key. 1 specifically said they enabled room keys just to be assured working while testing. So they set if up this way.

** I was in hs last night (bb during day) didn't pull any paper fp just used 2 of my 3 fp+ ( too much rain for fantasmic). Epcot day before we pulled 2 extra fp and only used 1 of them. (Road soarin twice)
*** in the mk 3 fp is not enough. I could live with 3 in all other parks*... But mk even on Christmas Eve we pulled more than 3. I remember pulling 5 or 6. Maybe a 3 am and 3 pm will be the rules idk, but 3 in mk is not enough.

* I think it should be 3 (5/6 in mk) plus an extra 2-3 for either a character, parade, nighttime show, or non ride bonus. (Maybe get creative, and randomly magic someone with a FP for a magic moment, help make cotton candy, or ride in a parade, star in a pirate show, list of fun things could be added with no wait time. Add fp for a ton more characters. Like fairies, tigger/pooh and bell in Epcot, the monsters/toy , story/ char in back of hs. I think they need to room a few off and double characters if needed. Adding 2 /3 quick 20/30 min easy stop for younger kids at cost of pretty much only cm would be a better family experience .

I think the complaints or snarky CM comments were isolated incidents. We were there for 10 days using MB and no one said anything to us about regular FP. In fact before I agreed to test I asked IT if we would be able to use regular FP. He said "absolutely" and that they were trying to see if the "functions of the MB" worked. If regular FP had not been an option I would have not participated, there was no way I was touring WDW with only 3 FP's. If I did not participate, no big deal, regular FP is great. I don't know why everyone is upset. Disney is trying to implement an entirely new system and it still has a bunch of bugs (the app crashed our first day and nothing worked, so there was no choice but to use regular FP); so they can't have everyone testing at the same time. It would be a disaster and I think negatively affect everyone's trips.

It was fun to test MB, but if I had not been chosen would I have had a terrible trip-no. My husband and I were discussing it last night and we felt the MB didn't really make the trip better or worse, it felt the same as our previous trips. We were excited to try it and see how the "new" Disney will work, but we would also have been great with the old system.

We just used our bands for emh but the bands do not work half the time for many people *us* so it's vital to keep your kttw with you. They even told us at check in to keep them just in case.

Was it for morning or evening EMH? If it was evening, how did they determine you were a current resort guest? Did they scan the bands at each ride? (I'm assuming this is how it will eventually be done)

We were magic band testers last week (loved them!) and I pulled paper fastpasses for Toy Story Mania and we also used fastpass+ for it. The CM standing by the fastpass machine didn't say a word about our magic bands.

If you have used your MB that day, how can you pull paper FP too? Wouldn't you need to scan your KTTW card when you entered the park in order to use it?

Further, how could you use old room keys? Wouldn't they be deactivated by then? I guess I'm confused as to how you can use both room keys and MBs.

If you have used your MB that day, how can you pull paper FP too? Wouldn't you need to scan your KTTW card when you entered the park in order to use it?

Further, how could you use old room keys? Wouldn't they be deactivated by then? I guess I'm confused as to how you can use both room keys and MBs.

MBs are only in the testing phase and can still be very very buggy. You will also get a KTTW card to use as a backup so that's how you can 'double dip' as people are calling it. However IMO- with only 3FPs for one park per day on FP+ during testing I hardly call being able to pull an extra 2 or 3 actual FP- 'double dipping'. It puts everyone- both testers and non testers on a more even playing field IMO.

We used our magic bands to enter Hollywood Studios and for our first ride at Toy Story Mania. When we finished riding Toy Story, I pulled out our KTTW cards for the first and only time on our trip and used them to get paper fast passes for Toy Story Mania. When we checked in at our hotel, we already had our magic bands but they also gave us KTTW cards as a back up in case we had problems with the magic bands. I put them in my bag but only used them that one time. I think I read here that the Fastpass machines aren't connected to the Fastpass+ system which is why magic band testers can "double dip" right now.

MBs are only in the testing phase and can still be very very buggy. You will also get a KTTW card to use as a backup so that's how you can 'double dip' as people are calling it. However IMO- with only 3FPs for one park per day on FP+ during testing I hardly call being able to pull an extra 2 or 3 actual FP- 'double dipping'. It puts everyone- both testers and non testers on a more even playing field IMO.

We used our magic bands to enter Hollywood Studios and for our first ride at Toy Story Mania. When we finished riding Toy Story, I pulled out our KTTW cards for the first and only time on our trip and used them to get paper fast passes for Toy Story Mania. When we checked in at our hotel, we already had our magic bands but they also gave us KTTW cards as a back up in case we had problems with the magic bands. I put them in my bag but only used them that one time. I think I read here that the Fastpass machines aren't connected to the Fastpass+ system which is why magic band testers can "double dip" right now.

Thanks guys. I just moved my reservation to a MB resort yesterday, and was going to try FP+ ONLY if I could also pull regular FP. I would find it to be ridiculous to only get 3 FP in a day when I could easily pull 6-8 without the FP+, and if that were the case I wouldn't opt in to test. Disney could just figure it out themselves while I rode all my FP rides! :)

I guess activating the MB activates the KTTW simultaneously. But then what about people using old KTTW cards from previous trips??

CMs get snarky when they see what they perceive as abuse. The problem is when the perception is wrong: i.e., someone using legacy fastpass because the magicband didn't work, or the gray line of it not being clear whether double-dipping is ok.

As an invisible-disability GAC user, I don't like the snarkiness. I don't think I need to be getting judged by random CMs while on vacation. I think it's a training issue that could be addressed, because to be on the receiving end of snarkiness when one is not actually abusing the system is pretty unpleasant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter